Trooperbay Neck Seal

So I'm really really new at this and figured hey, I might as well try for centurion because why not.

For my first suit I'm doing a ANH TK Stunt armour and I'm starting to get all the soft parts first while I wait for AM to get back to me. Anyways I'm looking at the undersuit and neck seal now and I don't know if their neck seal is good enough for not, I read somewhere on here that it needs to have that s-curve at the top, but looking in the costuming databank for the ANH TK Stunt it doesn't mention it. Would it be good or should I look elsewhere for one?

image.thumb.png.18a729d8a587a2d9a4e3b17f83575cdb.png

Trooperbay Neck Seal:

image.png.6d5f52cdc49dfdbed1ebe079ef983526.png

image.png.199d6d9fce4413a216b90a5e48df5602.png

image.png.0ea3fbf6b2894ea57af9c547afe3c22f.png

39 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I read somewhere on here that it needs to have that s-curve at the top, but looking in the costuming databank for the ANH TK Stunt it doesn't mention it. Would it be good or should I look elsewhere for one?

Hi the Neck seal you posted looks good for any level , some vendors added the Curve for confort.

:salute:

5 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I also found this thread recently, and might have a go at creating one myself just to gain some knowledge/knowhow, if that fails I can just get the trooperbay one.

Great search !! Yes, making your own is a plus to your knowledge.  Good luck! :jc_doublethumbup: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I also found this thread recently, and might have a go at creating one myself just to gain some knowledge/knowhow, if that fails I can just get the trooperbay one.

@MaskedVengeance  Hey Caleb, this could be another great addition to your Index. ! ;)

1 hour ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

Let me know if you have any questions on the process. 

3 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

tips on where to get the shiny-ish material for the outside of the neck?

I got mine at a local sewing store called Len’s Mill. They have a huge selection of fabrics and I just wandered around until I found one that had a shiny look to it.  Not sure what type of material it is though. 

Alrighty then, I'll probably have to go check my local stores and stuff to see if they have anything similar.

On a side note my grandfolks used to live there, so that's neat, probably went into the same store too.

They live closer to waterloo now and encountered a 501st member patrolling the streets as well, what a coincidence!

23Y2k6B.png

Edited by Scout_Troop3R
  • Like 2

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Scout_Troop3R:

(I'd post a picture but the file size is too big :/)

Sadly there isn't much space for picture uploads on the forum. Many of us use an online host like Imgur or Flickr instead to store our pictures and then upload them. Here's a quick tutorial on how to use Imgur:

Good luck with crafting your own neckseal! :peace:

Just now, Morgi said:

Sadly there isn't much space for picture uploads on the forum. Many of us use an online host like Imgur or Flickr instead to store our pictures and then upload them. Here's a quick tutorial on how to use Imgur:

Good luck with crafting your own neckseal! :peace:

Thanks for the link, and the luck!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I'll probably have to go check my local stores and stuff to see if they have anything similar.

Let me know if you can’t find anything, I can send you some if I have some left, or could pick it up for you as I am in there a fair bit since I am working on 2 costumes now. 

• Like 1