Soon-to-be Phasma - chrome maintenance/supplier tips?

Hello! I'm a current 501st member (Clone Wars Ventress) but wanted to add an armored costume to my life. I'm in-process to buy a fully-built already-once-approved TFA Phasma and very excited! 

Since the costume is already built, I'll mostly just need to fit it to me and maintain the chrome.

I was hoping folks could give me some leads/tips about successful chrome products&processes and/or chrome professionals you sent your kit to (East Coast USA, ideally). I did read through a few build threads but had trouble teasing these particular details out.

Thanks!

Hi Vanessa we don't always get a lot of interaction by Phasma's here, there is a Facebook group which may help https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654472361474254

• Like 1

It might be obvious, but in-bin protection is a must. Would pillowcases be enough for Phasma-chrome? Or would custom made wrap pieces be needed?  I know many FOTKs already wrap their armor carefully in padded sleeves each time they suit up and down to keep paint damage at bay.

I use travel pillowcases for my OTTK armor. They're much smaller than standard pillowcases and can be had by the dozen on amazon. I don't protect as much now as I did when I started trooping, but a thin pillowcase around each armor piece helps.  I tend to use them now more to keep the bin clean from my HWT weathering than for keeping scratches from happening. Scratches are easy to buff out of ABS...

As far as protection for the chrome finish itself, it can be waxed like any car paint. Often it IS paint on the armor and not actual chrome plating. Try a synthetic wax that isn't just carnauba. I'm a big fan of Ammo NYC products. Reflex wax + Skin top coat protects for most of a year on my car's paint. Easy to apply and it smells good too.

I hope that's at least a little help.

• Like 1

Soft pouches can definitely help protect the armor from getting scratched in transport.

xmHWaOG.jpg

• Like 3