Width of white shoulder retainer elastic?

I keep losing my retainer strap elastic band off of my right shoulder strap since I open that one up to step out of the torso. 
I see this in the CRL for level 3:

• The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Is there any specific required width of that band?  I had been provided with something like 1/8" but I have a bunch of 1/4" on hand. Will that approve at any level?   

Screen references appear to show white retainer straps that are around 1/4 inch in width, which is the size that mine are. Mine are also looped into the fold of the snap plate that attaches to my back piece so that it doesn't fall off. You could try sewing yours in. I'll take a photo for you when I get home.

52638263017_9ab1966052_o.jpg

11 hours ago, Morgi said:

A drop or two of glue and you'll never again have a problem with them

Not sure if I would use super glue.  The reason being is that depending on how often you troop, the elastic can/will wear out and lose it's flexibility over time.  It takes longer to cure, but I use a dab of E-6000 which is a lot easier to remove.  Super glue is forever, lol.  I have had to replace the elastic on my HWT armor about 3 times, and peeling the E-6000 of is pretty easy.

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb justjoseph63:

Not sure if I would use super glue.  The reason being is that depending on how often you troop, the elastic can/will wear out and lose it's flexibility over time.  It takes longer to cure, but I use a dab of E-6000 which is a lot easier to remove.  Super glue is forever, lol.  I have had to replace the elastic on my HWT armor about 3 times, and peeling the E-6000 of is pretty easy.

True enough. I've personally never had much trouble removing superglue, so it wasn't a problem for me. Still, E6000 is definitely a better solution and wayyyy more satisfying to remove :duim:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Morgi said:

E6000 is definitely.... wayyyy more satisfying to remove :duim:

Strange but absolutely true.  I thought it was just me, lol.

• Like 1