MaskedVengeance Requesting Pre Approval Review for ANH Stunt (ATA)

Caleb you build is beautiful sir, glad to see this at the tail end finally for you after having setbacks which you overcame along the way.

Very please to see you in armour.

Almost there brother , almost there :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

52635326888_85d564fcc7_o.png

Ā 

Good morning friends! Nothing super exciting to post just yet, but I thought I'd share more about the tweak that I was asked to make as a prerequisite for approval. First I'll say that, though I disagree with the assessment, I completely respect the call that my GML made. As a TK and former DO here on FISD, my GML was simply striving to maintain both a high standard of screen accuracy and a close match to the individual thigh partĀ on the CRL as linked to on this thread by Glen. The Death Star TK image that Joseph posted also shows a great many troopers with their ammo pack lowered. Besides the fact that I like my GML, despite never having met in person, I view this little hurdle as very minor in the grand scheme of things, and certainly hold no ill-will against my GML. In fact, I can appreciate standard-keeping.Ā :)

Ā 

So, last night I stripped off a little E-6000, dropped the front of the ammo pack, and took new photos. I had installed the pack on the thigh tight enough that it can actually maintain it's position regardless of the height! I cleaned up the butt-joint a bit with some WHITE E-6000, lest the gap expose another speed bump for approval; far better quick solution than messy ABS paste, at least for this minor application.

Ā 

52635115113_77e2698be7_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52635114673_5131db7016_o.jpg

Ā 

52634890339_3e0c3cf46e_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52635119863_e543dcdd27_o.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

50697086297_5377d5fd30_o.png

Ā 

52635376893_d13b028930_o.png

Ā 

Now, a question for the @Deployment Officer Team. For when the time comes, would you prefer to see my raised or lowered thigh ammo pack? Personally I like the look of the raised pack better, but I will defer to whatever requirements you fine folks have for upper levels of approval! I also have the additional photos (album) below for your consideration which were not included in my original post. I believe that, now with the addition of these images, I have images of everything required for an EI submission.

Ā 

52634635591_78ddc9c69a_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52634123142_d8dcf97eed_o.jpg

Ā 

52635118738_c4c262de10_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52635070460_f782d7d726_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52635070110_b13aa73186_o.jpg

Ā 

52635069705_348d750e22_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52634893454_8b60d42b71_o.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 52634120677_4154b1e78e_o.jpg

Ā 

52634892569_3a9f2560d5_o.jpg

Ā 

52634632031_62382de6af_o.jpg

Ā 

52635067845_130fe3d7be_o.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Hopefully more news soon!

Ā 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

For when the time comes, would you prefer to see my raised or lowered thigh ammo pack? Personally I like the look of the raised pack better,

Ā 

Hi Caleb, either way would be fine, just Not pass over the cover strip end.Ā Ā :salute:Ā Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaskedVengeance said:

TROOPERS!

Ā 

I just got word from my GML and received the formal email from 501st membership team.

Ā 

52634825326_46bb59f72d_o.png

Ā 

Ā 

TK-73692 reporting for duty.

Ā 

:dancing-trooper:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

:happyandcheerfulbirthday:Ā Let me be the first one to congratulate you Sir. Welcome to the ranks, well done and well deserved !!Ā :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

vor 23 Minuten schrieb MaskedVengeance:

TROOPERS!

Ā 

I just got word from my GML and received the formal email from 501st membership team.

Ā 

52634825326_46bb59f72d_o.png

Ā 

Ā 

TK-73692 reporting for duty.

Ā 

:dancing-trooper:

Ā 

Ā 

Congratulations, TK-73692, and welcome to the ranks!Ā :salute:

Ā 

dLUxd4L.jpeg

Ā 

Can't wait to see your EIB Application and the first Troop Log EntriesĀ :peace:

• Like 3

Can I say for the record that this is one of the most anticipated 501st basic approvals in FISD history?

Ā 

You did it, Caleb, and you did it right.Ā  DANG I'm proud of ya'!Ā Ā :salute:

Ā 

A hearty "Welcome to the ranks, brother".Ā  Now that you have your official TK # it's time to get out with the GA. Garrison, show off that spectacular build and put some smiles on faces!Ā  I'm in north Florida so I just may see you on a troop at some point soon.

Ā 

• Like 1

I didn't want to post on your EIB application as it's so neat so I'll add this hereĀ ;)

Ā 

Great work on your app Caleb, if they were all like this the DO's wouldn't have much to do.

Ā 

As you mentioned you have your Centurion app ready and waiting you may want to reshoot this image, perhaps mention to whoever is taking the photos to keep an eye on your shoulder strap elastic, it's popped off here, may get mentionedĀ ;)Ā 

elastic.jpg.c65710a3782190258a5ecaa482ad19cd.jpg

Ā 

Was just thinking the shoulder straps don't cover your backplate very much, is there any room in your backplate to bring it forward, if so shorten your shoulder strap elastic which may give you a little more overlap of the shoulder straps (incidentally the elastic was fine in this pic ;)Ā )Ā 

shoulder.jpg.e78f353ec8cc57d5e50308924f99704a.jpg

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

As you mentioned you have your Centurion app ready and waiting you may want to reshoot this image, perhaps mention to whoever is taking the photos to keep an eye on your shoulder strap elastic, it's popped off here, may get mentioned.

Ā 

Was just thinking the shoulder straps don't cover your backplate very much, is there any room in your backplate to bring it forward, if so shorten your shoulder strap elastic which may give you a little more overlap of the shoulder straps (incidentally the elastic was fine in this pic.

Ā 

Keen eyes there, Glen! I was sorta hoping that nobody would notice that left elastic band, but at least two of you guys have mentioned it now.Ā :PĀ I'm curious if my other shots that have the bridge properly beneath the band will get me by. For my photoshoot I had actually tightened down my back-kidney connection, the result of which dropped the back and stretched the shoulder elastic, thus reducing the overlap to a minimal amount. I'm going to continue to tinker with the strapping to see if I can find a happy medium, but I may also consider shift my bridges back a bit. I know I already had only 3 or 3.5 of the small ridges overlapping the chest piece, so there may not be much give on that front. I'm just glad I didn't completely chop off the large tabs on the rear of the bridges, and instead opted to downsize them to match the smaller ones.

Ā 

Thanks so much for your feedback! Always feel free to post anywhere; nevermind neatness!

• Like 1