FAC ANH Stunt TK Build

Perry Combover

That turned out GREAT, Chris!  You may have already noticed, but make sure before you attach it to the ABS belt that it lines up with the 45 degree angles on the corners.  The left side if perfect!  :jc_doublethumbup:

EbHYVvJ.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Perry Combover said:

So far, the ears are living up to their terrible reputation. Fortunately for me, the screen accurate helmets weren't perfectly flush either, but I'll leave it up to ya'll. How does the left ear look?ed64da38aff7cca5962dc19495d4cb90.jpg506b09279677beffa68c7b6a00e96fd6.jpg83b248061caa9ba6a7039c8110d1df5d.jpgdedda460f77325161d17b20586a6179e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Seems good to me, the gaps are minimal to my eyes. I had a lot more gaps, but the neck seal really snugged them down a lot.  Nice work

Trimming the ears has always been the bain of most when building a bucket, but I think you nailed it, Chris!  Super nice alignment on those ear screws, btw.

I see no issues on the gaps, but there are a couple of items worth noting:

The brow trim should ideally sit above the tops of the ears.  Raising it just a bit may allow you to get the tops even closer (not that they need to be).  Hopefully you haven't glued the trim in place, as it will make it MUCH easier to paint the traps or apply the decals (if you are using those).

3Iz2REC.jpg     KjmWnIH.jpg  2Suq14c.jpg

The screw heads look to have the correct diameter and will definitely get passed at both Basic and Expert Infantry level, but note that for Centurion (which I hope you will be aiming for) the dome shaped ones you currently have will need to be switched out for the V-shaped flat top style (last image below).  If you have an ACE hardware nearby they sell these individually, but many other chains stores that sell hardware (like Lowe's) carry them as well.

yVWHTMq.jpg        cSiXkTD.jpg  uAJ7s9F.jpg   PFxZZly.gif

Keep up the great work!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

15 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Trimming the ears has always been the bain of most when building a bucket, but I think you nailed it, Chris!  Super nice alignment on those ear screws, btw.

I see no issues on the gaps, but there are a couple of items worth noting:

The brow trim should ideally sit above the tops of the ears.  Raising it just a bit may allow you to get the tops even closer (not that they need to be).  Hopefully you haven't glued the trim in place, as it will make it MUCH easier to paint the traps or apply the decals (if you are using those).

3Iz2REC.jpg     KjmWnIH.jpg  2Suq14c.jpg

The screw heads look to have the correct diameter and will definitely get passed at both Basic and Expert Infantry level, but note that for Centurion (which I hope you will be aiming for) the dome shaped ones you currently have will need to be switched out for the V-shaped flat top style (last image below).  If you have an ACE hardware nearby they sell these individually, but many other chains stores that sell hardware (like Lowe's) carry them as well.

yVWHTMq.jpg        cSiXkTD.jpg  uAJ7s9F.jpg   PFxZZly.gif

Keep up the great work!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Joseph. I haven't glued anything down and just used the supplied screws. That should be an easy fix.

Paint and decals happened over the weekend. Assembled and installed the hovi mic tips over the last few days and I just finished installing the lenses and frown mesh. All I have left is to get my thighs strapped to a belt and I'll be ready to try it all on for the first time. Phew.51147c47344ef075e965eb978be164e7.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon here in sunny southern California and what a better way to celebrate than by trying it all on for the first time. I'll be taking actual pre-approval photos next week when I have time to properly align everything and do it right. Until then, here's a quick preview of what you all have helped me with so far...17e560ac38f2401b950c730122bff3d8.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome when you try it all on for the first time. Looking forward to seeing more pics soon :duim:

• Like 1