FAC ANH Stunt TK Build

Perry Combover

Alignment can actually be handled differently depending on which thigh you’re working on. Your right thigh, which features the ammo back does not have to be aligned because the ammo pack obscures the some (or all) of the bottom thigh ridge. Because of this, I recommend working on this thigh first, as alignment mistakes aren’t as obvious.

Your left thigh may take a bit more attention since the bottom ridge will be fully exposed, and for higher levels of approval the seam between the thigh halves will need to be filled in. Below are links to two RS Props videos that you may find helpful.

Ouch :( . You could clean up the burnt area then apply thin layers of ABS paste until you build it up enough, sand then compound polish.

7 hours ago, Perry Combover said:

I appreciate that. I'll give it a shot and if it ends up sucking, I'll hit up Cal for another one. I'm glad there are so many other things to work on in the meantime.

Oh well, that'll be my warning to not get sloppy.

Had a friend do the exact same thing on his scout build, although weathering is permitted on those and it looked like a great blaster shot;)

Here's a how to on ABS paste

3 hours ago, Perry Combover said:

I'm going to have some paint touch up, but otherwise pretty happy about how this turned out.a93616b29d2e24ce8cba2f09fa38b38d.jpg

Just check the gaps between your end caps and control panel, they look a tad small ;) 

TD measurements.jpg

24 minutes ago, Perry Combover said:

I am starting to strap things in. The shoulders were perfectly installed, but then this. Is this common? If so, how does everyone keep the shoulders from pulling the webbing out?ee5da5bf0c8034f482f8ec10b10c31ff.jpg

I find using industrial elastic the best, doesn't seem to stretch/pull as much. Some even double over the elastic for more strength.

Bit hard to tell from this image, depending on your build and shoulders you may end up having to add a slightly longer strap to the should bell if the issue continues.

I find using industrial elastic the best, doesn't seem to stretch/pull as much. Some even double over the elastic for more strength.

Bit hard to tell from this image, depending on your build and shoulders you may end up having to add a slightly longer strap to the should bell if the issue continues.
Another good call, thank you. I'm terrible with a sewing machine, but doubled up elastic with (probably overkill) velcro on the ends to keep it from spinning on the snap made it solid, but still flexible. One of the best things on this build so far. Very happy.bdbd867a92c9f0a7772893602106dced.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks AWESOME, Chris!  Not sure how far along you are with the lower parts, but when you get the chance could you post up a photo similar to this?:

pdIUtxi.jpg

8 hours ago, Perry Combover said:

So, not exact and far from perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how the shoulder straps turned out. It took *a lot* of trial and error and a couple of re-glues, but here they are.5a6717c595e95d2f2a74850dea009baf.jpg

You can even have the white elastic a little further back so more shoulder strap is covered, this is good for when you stretch, may pop out just having the elastic on the one tab.

AK9w0mr.jpg?1     lbfFArU.jpg?1     FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

• Like 1

Looks AWESOME, Chris!  Not sure how far along you are with the lower parts, but when you get the chance could you post up a photo similar to this?:

pdIUtxi.jpg
I'm redoing the thighs right now since they are much too large around the knee opening. I'm also still working on the burned bicep, but here is what I have so far...6bd535f8744ae0fd92bcb1450dbc1b33.jpge15622ee463584b20d5ea9ff462299e0.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Perry Combover said:

I'm redoing the thighs right now since they are much too large around the knee opening. I'm also still working on the burned bicep, but here is what I have so far...6bd535f8744ae0fd92bcb1450dbc1b33.jpge15622ee463584b20d5ea9ff462299e0.jpg

Looking great Chris!

If I may, you may want to go in advance and avoid the (butt) plate over-riding the bottom of the kidney .

v5SVuVL.jpg

A suggested solution is to use the V-Tabs method.  With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

WM4U2oD.jpg  Uu1X2WM.jpg

ECMOjGB.jpg

CM61d0P.jpg

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Looking great Chris!

If I may, you may want to go in advance and avoid the (butt) plate over-riding the bottom of the kidney .

v5SVuVL.jpg

A suggested solution is to use the V-Tabs method.  With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

WM4U2oD.jpg  Uu1X2WM.jpg

ECMOjGB.jpg

CM61d0P.jpg

I'm all over this. Great solution, thank you.

And good call Caleb. I happen to have some left over black ABS from my Tie Pilot build last year.

• Like 2

I get the feeling that this build is going to turn out spectacular, Chris!  Many folks just forge ahead when they have an issue without asking any questions, and many times they have issues when it comes to approval.  You are doing all the right things by asking lots of questions and posting photos, sir, and for that I commend you!

Keep up the great work, keep those questions and pics rolling in as well as that positive attitude and before long you will be sporting a fantastic set of armor!

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I get the feeling that this build is going to turn out spectacular, Chris!  Many folks just forge ahead when they have an issue without asking any questions, and many times they have issues when it comes to approval.  You are doing all the right things by asking lots of questions and posting photos, sir, and for that I commend you!

Keep up the great work, keep those questions and pics rolling in as well as that positive attitude and before long you will be sporting a fantastic set of armor!

I truly appreciate you all. I can't imagine trying to trudge through this on my own. It makes the process enjoyable. 

• Like 1