New TK ANH build for an old Trooper

RobC_TX1138

Hello all.  I'm a life long Star Wars fan and have slowly been taking steps to join the 501st an start trooping.   I just acquired a used ANH Stunt kit that I want to try and get up to Centurion level.  The seller stated it was an AP build.  I have many questions that I'm doing lot of reading to try and find answers for.  For starters I can't find a webpage for Authentic Props. Are they still operating?

I was also trying to find Level 2 boots and not having much luck. I guess Imperial is closed until 2023?

I'm in the Austin TX area so if there are some seasoned TK troopers in the area, please contact me.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD!

Centurion is an awesome goal and you can find all the help you could possibly need on here. From my latest knowledge, AP should still be operating, you might want to try contact them per e-mail, if you need anything. Not many armor vendors have a website, instead you can find an up-to-date list over here.

Imperial Boots open once a month for about a week during which you can order, then close for the rest of the month to process the orders. Just keep an eye open, they should have another run soon.

In the Attaché List you can find some troopers in your area who have committed themselves to the task of helping TK recruits, so do not hesitate to reach out to them, should none reply to you first.

Again, welcome, and enjoy your white armor journey :salute:

• Like 1

There's a lot of AP build threads on here. My own is linked in my signature and there's many in the ANH Stunt section.

Mark (owner of AP) is active on the forum. Email is indeed the best way to get in contact with him for any questions or repair parts.

Welcome to FISD Robert!

• Like 3

Hello Robert and welcome! Awesome to hear that you aim to take it to Centurion!

If you have any other questions (any) just feel free to shoot in this thread!

Glad to have you here! :peace:

Hi Robert. Welcome. 

as Revlimiter said, Mark is best to contact by email.  He does not have a website. I recently built an AP kit.  It is a great kit.  Always feel free to ask lots of questions as you go.  There is a lot of great help here.  

Can anyone check the members for sale area for used size 13 TK boots? I will probably get new ones thru Crowpops or Imp, but thought I’d  see if someone was dumping theirs? 
Also anyone know this vendor? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264160210445?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aP5a53yQQ4q&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y5dcganasyk&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2 minutes ago, RobC_TX1138 said:

Can anyone check the members for sale area for used size 13 TK boots? I will probably get new ones thru Crowpops or Imp, but thought I’d  see if someone was dumping theirs? 
Also anyone know this vendor? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264160210445?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aP5a53yQQ4q&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y5dcganasyk&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I doubt those would pass, elastic section should be rounder and further up on the boot

s-l500.jpg.bff942c5acaaf530abf31431bd90bb49.jpg

gallery_12157_20_118220.jpg

Also did a quick look for boots in the sales are and nothing coming up in a 13. NOTE if purchasing from IB many go 1/2 to 1 size up.

• Like 1

Robert! Welcome to the white space for space white! lol. If i might suggest, if you have not already, start a build thread (WIP) over in that area of the forum and ask questions all you can there. sometimes these "Welcome" Sections get neglected as we are trying to keep up with helping members in the WIP side of things. Definitely in the right place for help. we look forward to your progress!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Robert, there isn't a question we can't answer so please ask as many as you need.

I also have an AP armour at Centurion level all be it from an older version of the CRL. It doesn't take too much work to get your kit up to spec so it is great to read that you are aiming high.