Full Armor Up Opinions

BATS2150

Ok all, I finally did a full armor up after endless mods and strapping issues. Only Issue now is the helmet. It keeps riding up and just got to figure out a fix. Here are some pictures and welcome opinions and feedback. 

0J429dh.jpg

KHJdt7w.jpg

5PfeDFp.jpg

BtPVdaS.jpg

TxUJPmW.jpg

47O8UIB.jpg

D4SCgI3.jpg

Edited by BATS2150

50 minutes ago, BATS2150 said:

Yeah, just getting the little details done and trying to get the helmet popping up when I put it on. I am thinking of making a chin strap to help keep it from popping up when I put it on and all I can see is though the grin grill. 

Originals used chin straps, although I found using one a little annoying, I now use 2 blocks of thick foam either side of the head to help keep the helmet in place

Screenshot_20210510-124629_Samsung Internet.jpg

38 minutes ago, BATS2150 said:

True, I seen that in the Original helmets. I have a little 1/4 inch padding and will try that on the sides.

I'm using 1 1/2" - 2" yellow foam, quite easy to compress. I also have velcro glued to the pieces so I can remove and wash when they get sweat build up, E6000 holds fine.

Just now, BATS2150 said:

Well I put some padding on the sides and it seems to work but I will see.

That foam is very dense and you may find you get a headache or just head pain if wearing for a long time, yellow (furniture) foam is very soft and will compress nicely, hey but what ever you have on hand works

• Like 1

Photos are very small so can't see much detail, still looks like your thighs on the rear are hitting your posterior. 

DjyMGmU.jpg.cd253ae765250bd6a9bc5df832a8d87e.jpg

You also have a bit of a step on the thighs now that you trimmed them, they should be a lot softer in angle, compare the step to these references

gallery_12157_15_2547.jpggallery_12157_15_1150.jpg

Also watch your drop box positions ;) 

swFNUg7.jpg.69490fc594ac97be3f0172587dc5482c.jpg

You may find once you start moving around you hit in a few places so more trimming may be needed, here are a few threads for those of a shorter height, will give you an idea of what you can and can't trim.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

It seemed in the picture where you have your back turned towards the camera that at least the left thigh is a bit too twisted to the left! Ideally, if possible, the cover strip of the thigh should be in the middle of the leg! I think that the right thigh might also be twisted too much to the right, but it's hard to tell with images that small!

Edited by Nairy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well just a little update on what I been working on when I could. I had to do a bit of trimming on my legs and paint/clear coat them for a little scratch resistance and cover up a grandkiddo stain.  Not a picasso but had to do with what I had. 

gibBFJc.jpg

OIOElZj.jpg

FmdkJu8.jpg

wwi5upm.jpg

That foam is very dense and you may find you get a headache or just head pain if wearing for a long time, yellow (furniture) foam is very soft and will compress nicely, hey but what ever you have on hand works

Another option for the helmet padding is some Air Conditioner weatherseal. I’ve done that in a few helmets and it’s strong enough to hold well but not going to be too strong to hurt. It’s also a little more liquid resistant than some foam padding.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-1-1-4-in-x-1-1-4-in-x-42-in-Grey-Air-Conditioner-Weatherseal-AC42H/100059869

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk