I just like this picture

tk0471

:D

I love these photos, here's the one from the other side.

Makes you want to dive in THAT time machine and go back and grab a couple :D

untitledJPG-kopi.jpg.fb74861e675233c4beab3a349ace21b7.jpg

Andy

I thought that as well about the aerators, they look like they were formed in place

but everything we know says that they were added after :blink:

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Also, it looks like quite a few have 5 cut teeth on either side of the frown. Maybe its just the light, but hey they have formed aerators so why not?

Your right. There are helmets that have 3, 4 or 5 teeth cut out. Personally, I like the stunt helmets with 3 teeth cut out, like the one Peter Diamond wore when he was shooting at Luke and Leia across the bridge in the Death Star.

If I counted correctly, there are 28 helmets in this photo - half of the 56 or so made for the filming of ANH.

I read somewhere (probably StarWarsHelmets.com) that one of the surviving helmets was sold at auction for $30,000.

Using this amount as a crude measure (I'm just having fun here, I figure the helmet sold for $30,000 because there are so few original helmets left), we're looking about $840,000.00 in this photo alone.

Extrapolate it even ridiculously further, and we could brag that the total 56 helmets would be valued at over $1,680,000.

Also in the photo are stacked sheets of uncut armour. I can't even begin to guess what their value must be. Any guesses?

You know, I just counted the helmets 4 times and kept coming up with 27. I didn't take into account the one AA is wearing :lol:

Those sheets of armour are of the arms and legs. You would never get a full set of armour on a sheet of that size. The sheets look an odd size too. Looking at them, I'd say they are 8' long (which is common) judging by the 8 helmets lined up side by side (helmets are roughly 1' x 1'), but look about 3' wide, not the usual 4'.

They do look like a bunch of skulls! I have always loved this pic as well. I wish I had a pile like that in my house. I guess I'll have to settle with my two TE2 for right now.

ok, I like this one too, it's a promo shot from Star Wars (corrected, ESB). Notice the stormtroopers holsters, drop boxes, etc.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Those suits are not from Star Wars. I think they were specially made for the ESB promotion and there is another photo I found from the same shoot in London dated 1980 (below). What is interesting is that these suits closely resemble ROTJ suits and they have the edging trim and bubble lense, something that wasn't seen until 1983 in ROTJ (apart from one trooper in ESB).

3328721.jpg.909a8b63180718a6a01df55903b5663f.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

troopermaster said:

Those suits are not from Star Wars. I think they were specially made for the ESB promotion and there is another photo I found from the same shoot in London dated 1980 (below). What is interesting is that these suits closely resemble ROTJ suits and they have the edging trim and bubble lense, something that wasn't seen until 1983 in ROTJ (apart from one trooper in ESB).

What happened with Vader's helmet there? He looks a bit shell-shocked.