TK-42128 Requesting TROS/TLJ First Order Stormtrooper EIB Status (Denuo Novo) 2nd Version [Approved]

Name:  Ardeshir Radpour
Username:  equuspolo
TK-42128
Southern California Garrison
Los Angeles Squadron 

Height = 5'10
Weight = 165 

Armor Maker = Denuo Novo
Helmet Maker = Modified Anovos Premium
Boot Maker = Imperial Boots
Gloves = Endor Finders
Belt = Denuo Novo
Belt Pouches = Denuo Novo and Trooperbay
Pauldron = Denuo Novo
Neck Seal = Denuo Novo
Holster Maker = Damtooine props and Denuo Novo 

Gaskets = production made silicon rubber gaskets 

F-11 =  Branfuhr Studios Resin Kit- Custom built by me with custom light system. 

SE-44C = 3DPrintMerchant 

Electronics = Wireless Microphone with Acker Amp 

Custom Parts = Chest yoke and Backplate welded together with ABS Slurry.  Chest Pills and Chest cut out backed with Textured Fabric, TD custom modified Denuo Novo.  Belt, Cod, Butt Plate and TD attached to armer with custom Made Anovos leather waist tassets.  Holster Dantooine props, urethane spats from Sanitized Creations

UkqkMna.jpg

R0wtWEK.jpg

uUJeGky.jpg

5G1rwWa.jpg

mtnzVlS.jpg

ZRml0ZT.jpg

SCR4bY4.jpg

hgFAPhV.jpg

yluyjdR.jpg

14XeEhN.jpg

qleyC5X.jpg

wKyp7uz.jpg

2 Special Details 

ULFfS2d.jpg

QZ6Mh00.jpg

B6K4U9W.jpg

ZV3fhgE.jpg

VfR3mMq.jpg

CjOCh1W.jpg

vLSIzxq.jpg

n6sJGYP.jpg

tD9Rc9f.jpg

f03Jhlu.jpg

J0xJF0d.jpg

xFnlTJw.jpg

cocGqfd.jpg

nyBRxOT.jpg

qeZm4rt.jpg

q7WhNvO.jpg

7kncCwI.jpg

d7i726Q.jpg

TfBzrcj.jpg

nMFJ2pf.jpg

ovvJ5Qp.jpg

0lGItFQ.jpg

OHdnm7b.jpg

yn2gJ0e.jpg

Tp1v3TM.jpg

LN7UOXD.jpg

vr2zMH1.jpg

lXSyHbx.jpg

aUiGC21.jpg

Denuo Novo Spats

sHBLQLF.jpg

Sanitized Creations Urethane Spats

GMYcEdJ.jpg

CVFDcDw.jpg

vVjSkhV.jpg

F-11 rear tab and ring options 

XyaVKoP.jpeg

SE-44C working light

7uuQrt7.jpeg

3JWznEy.jpeg

HRu7uGw.jpeg

gasket fit

qzw5Ccj.jpg

Ptt8mvw.jpg

thMMDG5.jpg

8HOA2aN.jpg

vQYGc1O.jpg

d6w1Kfd.jpg

rl3ncxF.jpg

Edited by equuspolo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Ardeshir,  

Awesome build as always. Thanks for applying for EIB. One of us will be with you asap.

Added to the processing line sir.  :salute: 

Thank you brother 

• Like 1

Hi Ardeshir, I'll be making your review.

In order to continue I would like you to do me a favor brother.

1- Looking closely at your helmet, it could be my eyes but,  it seems to have 9 teeth and not 7 as indicated by the CRL for basic level. Could you bring a closer photo with better light to confirm this point please?  

CRL for Basic: Mouth area is angled and has 7 teeth with mesh/grill behind.

Posted Photo                                                                                                     Reference Image

I86hZjc.jpg        0ITICBt.jpg

2- CRL for level 2 :  D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap, rectangular in shape and painted white.

Yours us rounded and painted Black

Posted Photo                                                                                                                                            Reference Images

Dw0Ndrm.jpg                      mcP1TAF.png    UF6ExNS.png   wQxwQx0.jpg tEL5KWc.jpg

Thank you. :salute:

16 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Ardeshir, I'll be making your review.

In order to continue I would like you to do me a favor brother.

1- Looking closely at your helmet, it could be my eyes but,  it seems to have 9 teeth and not 7 as indicated by the CRL for basic level. Could you bring a closer photo with better light to confirm this point please?  

CRL for Basic: Mouth area is angled and has 7 teeth with mesh/grill behind.

Posted Photo                                                                                                     Reference Image

I86hZjc.jpg        0ITICBt.jpg

2- CRL for level 2 :  D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap, rectangular in shape and painted white.

Yours us rounded and painted Black

Posted Photo                                                                                                                                            Reference Images

Dw0Ndrm.jpg                      mcP1TAF.png    UF6ExNS.png   wQxwQx0.jpg tEL5KWc.jpg

Thank you. :salute:

wow hello.  You’re absolutely right and thanks for the catch.  I’ll be making the correction on the helmet.  I don’t know how that escaped me wow wow wow. It might be a bit.  As for the blaster that’s a different story lol as we had this discussion before on the previous approval.  I’ll see about painting it white but the actual one I held had a black d ring.  Quite a few of them had black or missing D rings.  So I’d be inclined to remove it all in all.  Since it’s an optional accessory I’m not going to be inclined to change mine and if I did I’d be changing it back as I like this look.  I’ll have to think about it and I may just make an extra end cap tab with the all white just to appease this approval.  We will see hahaha. Just being honest as I’d like to go with exactly what I hekd

• Like 2

Just out of interest I tried to find another helmet with 9 teeth to find the origin/maker and came up empty handed.

You may have mixed up the make of the helmet (I see it says Denuo Novo in the specs) 

On 12/8/2022 at 4:47 AM, equuspolo said:

Armor Maker = Denuo Novo
Helmet Maker = Denuo Novo Premium

But appears it's an Anovos helmet, it's the same one from your first EI TLJ submission "Helmet Maker = Anovos Premium Fiberglass Helmet". You submitted 2 helmets in that application so could be why it had never been noticed before.

R22jMxk.jpg

It's interesting as I've not seen any helmets with 9 teeth prior to this one, may even have been a custom modification.

Intriguing to be sure

• Like 2

I have no clue.  I had a plate that was made and no clue where the teeth came from.  Anyway it is corrected now on this helmet and there will be a new helmet arriving which I’ll include 

B6K4U9W.jpg

ZV3fhgE.jpg

VfR3mMq.jpg

CjOCh1W.jpg

vLSIzxq.jpg

n6sJGYP.jpg

Edited by equuspolo
  • Like 3

Also correct that is an error.  It is an Anovos Premiere fiberglass helmet that has been heavily modified.  Chin was cut, clips are replaced with TLJ clips, noseplate is replaced with TLJ noseplate, now teeth have been custim

cut out from a trace of the executioner helmet.  The new TLJ helmet will be arriving shortly and I will upload that to photos as well.  

• Like 2

Im Going to update the above photos so that the reference is correct for people when they see the thread.  Some may not see the rest of the thread and it could mislead them. 

regarding the end cap I am going to make multiple cap variations for this so that all are visible.  But I held a black one and saw those and regardless of it being a smokily or not it is my preference.  All ring plates I saw were Silver. Some missing rings.  

• Like 1

For anyone following, there are definitely some TFA variant blasters in TLJ and TROS and there are some big differences between them, BUT those were not the more commonly used or produced versions, for those wanting some more info check out the ongoing research in this thread

• 4 weeks later...

So I want to address the blaster issue again as I have held the actual blasters and saw variations.  So since we do want to set standards I want to make sure we are not limiting or forcing people to change things that are unnecessary.  While this is my approval thread, I want to keep this a public discussion vs a private one.  With regards to the blaster and we have had this discussion before and I am going to out the references to support this.  We shouldn’t be making differences on curtain costumes just to force changes and expenses on members.  These are The Rise if Skywalker samples.  Therefore, I not only ask for Grace all the way to the centurion level with this as I am exceptionally happy with my blaster but also to show that there are possibilities available to keep other members happy. I believe in the highest standards possible and have been an avid supporter of strict standards, but they have to come with some reason as well as purpose.  Not just for the sake of making things different for the sake of making it different.  

here we go 

General pride grabs the trooper blaster to kill Hux.  White ring base and not square but rounded shaped ring and round rear sight 

lO3K5cZ.jpg
lJXxaWu.jpg

Troopers handling chewy Silver ring base and black more squares shaped ring also not round but angled rear sight 

wf4hP16.jpg

Same troopers handling chewy wirh angled rear sight and silver ring base and black ring with charging handle 

Wddn61i.jpg

Another angle of the above 

N24iaBJ.jpg

Another angle of the same group to show ring, charging handle and no picatinny rail

GlSuKwN.jpg

Angle of troopers engaging on Kajimi and silver back ring holder and no ring while trooper on left has silver and black set up 

Lc2k9Tm.jpg

Same troopers just different angle

txTX15a.jpg

famous TROS scene with blasters displaying different aspects.  Black small ring with silver ring base on left and charging handle on the right 

wiPIHYi.jpg

same troopers with charging handles clearly visible 

ylhok2e.jpg

Troopers with Hux showing his with picatinny rail and the other without 

EZGp2lg.jpg

So this is just a set to display my point.  Also for what it is worth, I wore this costume, not in these scenes for something else.  I saw the blasters and held one and mine is modeled after what I wore.  

With regards to the future of what FISD is going to require.  Armor Differences are one thing, complete blaster differences and specifics are one thing.  But when it is on the show and it is displayed and it is clearly visible then we must allow these.  They are not anomalies but rather actual existing pieces.  So not only am I asking grace on this for my blaster, but I’m suggesting that on some things there may have to be tolerances.  Such as rings and ring caps or for example E-11 blasters with coils or without etc etc etc.

at some point of these considerations are possible when they are not only supported but also actually within the actual world of the movie, then even I will stop submitting for approvals and be discouraged from Advancing builds.  This particular blaster is a perfect example.  Or for that matter Rogue One armor and the mass variations in those E-11 blasters as I held many many many of those 

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Brother, we're just waiting for the D-ring update as requested in the CRL .   :salute:

Did you see my above post regarding the  ring?  Also it’s an optional accessory

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, equuspolo said:

it’s an optional accessory

Just some info, blasters are only optional accessories for basic legion approval.

For L2 and L3 blasters are required, more info in this thread.

Current CRL:

OPTIONAL Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below:

F-11D Blaster

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Rear sight is painted black.
  • D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap, rectangular in shape and painted white.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, equuspolo said:

Did you see my above post regarding the  ring?  Also it’s an optional accessory

Hi Ardeshir, as Glen pointed the blaster for high levels is not optional.  

Thank you.  :salute:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Ardeshir, as Glen pointed the blaster for high levels is not optional.  

Thank you.  :salute:

understood.  Well then I have made my case above for Grace as it is well represented 

Glen no disrespect taken.  But I don’t understand this logic especially when there is so much evidence above.  I think it’s a pointless discussion and it makes it seem like we are just making things difficult for the sake of being difficult.  

This discussion to me is a bit overdone and I will say this, proves the frustrations that many have.  Everyone here knows I will go as far as I can to meet everyone’s suggestions here while still building what I know to be not only as accurate as possible but perhaps maybe even an upgrade. 

What I will say is even now I’m feeling like these may be my last submissions.  Even if I photographed the actual suit from the movie and submitted that, then it would be nit picked.  I actually took crl photos of a couple of the outfits I wore and I guarantee you if I submitted those they would be not picked as if they are accurate or not.  Including the rogue one and the clone.  

it’s not my personal experience that matters, it’s the fact that the photos above substantiate it.  It straight out shows what is in the movie.

I have a few of my own items, not ones I made I’ll say.  Undersuit, neck seal, gloves, boots and I can guarantee you that opinions will fly regardless of the fact. 

Here is what I will say.   I am a staunch supporter of FISD and always have been exceptionally grateful for all of the incredible and legit encouragement and help and support.  Always have promoted it and supported it amongst all the stormtroopers that contact me and believe me I believe in the high standards of rhe armor and props but also how people wear them and behave in them.  No damn blasters pointing in the air like rhe Disney parks.  

But even I have to say now that sometimes it just feels like people are just selecting something for the sake of it being different or making things difficult.  It’s not reflecting well on FISD.  I’m just putting this out there. 

With regards to the GML’s or DO’s wow awesome and always grateful.  Always.  And the suggestions and criticisms always productive and and welcome.  But when every little detail gets scrutinized to the point where even someone like me says, he I built this to what I saw and what I held and what I wore and have also built that on the experience I have gained by your guys vast knowledge and it still seems to get nit picked or in this case in my opinion a little irresponsibly regulated for the sake of regulating, it seems a bit much. 

I will accept all of your final judgments and at this point may not even take these to centurion level and the next suits I build will be just submitted for basic approval even though they may even be better and I won’t even submit them to FISD.  What’s the point? It just creates a headache that becomes pointless.  

So if these are just declined for EIB I am fine, and again I may decide against submitting for centurion anyway on these.  You’re telling me because of a validated over and over and over again D Ring that we are having this discussion which is clearly displayed that I am Being held up.  Ok.  So be it.  I respect that.  

I will be building the most accurate rogue one and clone kit out there.  Clone will go to clone detachment and rogue one may stay at basic level.  Then you guys can pick and choose what you want.  I have over 150 insane resources for that and it just makes no sense to get in to this reenactment discussion over every little detail.

let me make this clear because even now I have come to the conclusion that this is not about accuracy, it’s about a devious regardless of facts, that we are just going to make things difficult and just about a subjective opinion rather than an objective fact. 

Deeply sorry about this.  But I feel like it has to be stated.  It’s being stated loudly outside of the forums and with people.  I have and will continue to be a staunch supporter of FISD and accuracy to the max.  But why subject anyone to nit picking that deters people from attaining higher levels as opposed to encourage them to do so. 

50 minutes ago, equuspolo said:

With regards to the GML’s or DO’s wow awesome and always grateful.  Always.  And the suggestions and criticisms always productive and and welcome.  But when every little detail gets scrutinized to the point where even someone like me says, he I built this to what I saw and what I held and what I wore and have also built that on the experience I have gained by your guys vast knowledge and it still seems to get nit picked or in this case in my opinion a little irresponsibly regulated for the sake of regulating, it seems a bit much. 

I will accept all of your final judgments and at this point may not even take these to centurion level and the next suits I build will be just submitted for basic approval even though they may even be better and I won’t even submit them to FISD.  What’s the point? It just creates a headache that becomes pointless.  

So if these are just declined for EIB I am fine, and again I may decide against submitting for centurion anyway on these.  You’re telling me because of a validated over and over and over again D Ring that we are having this discussion which is clearly displayed that I am Being held up.  Ok.  So be it.  I respect that.  

I will be building the most accurate rogue one and clone kit out there.  Clone will go to clone detachment and rogue one may stay at basic level.  Then you guys can pick and choose what you want.  I have over 150 insane resources for that and it just makes no sense to get in to this reenactment discussion over every little detail.

let me make this clear because even now I have come to the conclusion that this is not about accuracy, it’s about a devious regardless of facts, that we are just going to make things difficult and just about a subjective opinion rather than an objective fact. 

Hi Ardeshir,

Sad to read your complaint and as a D.O. just can say  on behalf of @justjoseph63 @Chemi and me that all the time we have try to do our work in the best, responsible, objective and professional  manner possible according our knowledge and the main tool the Legion has gave as that is the CRL and the references we have.

Our main goal has been "to serve not to judge " , "to encourage not to discourage" , "to help and not to block" . Every time we have to tell a Trooper to make a change in order to continue the review, we are not laughing at, on the contrary we discuss it and when there's no way to skip the issue ,we must go through the pain of communicating it and fearing that the applicant decides not to continue. Incredibly, we have seen how the majority of EIB and Centurion applicants have taken up the challenge (more than a D ring , brother ), and reached the high levels.

I'm not fluent in English as I would like so I apologize if something I wrote make you feel disrespect .

Hope you can find the correct way to suggest the CRL changes you consider and in a near future our work can be done easily.

With much appreciation and respect Brother.  :salute:

• Like 2

Brother you and the DO’s are awesome and the input from everyone else here has been amazing.  No disrespect was ever taken and that’s why I wanted to make it clear.  As well even the D Ring.  It’s not about the D Ring at all. 

Everyone here is amazing.  It’s just the way the system is set up and I think has overtime been misinterpreted and perhaps evolving.  

It’s not about the outfit I want or bending the rules to accommodate anyone, especially me.  I am a student and a respectful observer to much greater experience here than mine.  

but that’s not to say my experience and as well knowledge is in anyway slight or I’ll informed and I make mistakes.  And for that I always apologize or respect the corrections eagerly.  

but to simply reject Star Wars and what is on screen or what all of a sudden is decided it is not acceptable when in clear site it is, seems a bit out of touch with what the goal is.  Screen accurate, let me emphasize screen accurate and not necessarily a dictate.  And I respect authority very much.  That’s why I said if it doesn’t meet it then I withdraw it.  But it is screen accurate.  Let me make it clear.  

black is accurate.  White is accurate.  But for me to change it for the sake of meeting a requirement that arbitrarily decide we accept the white and not the black is simply wrong.  I could argue that the black ring and angled are more accurate because they have appeared across three movies and that the ones that are round were quick adjustments for the new film because rhey ran short or was a quick fix on set or anything else could be made.

it is pure and simple and FISD has always said we need screen references.  It’s not about sitting in judgment.  I can make that change very very easily.  Have you asked why I am not?  I can make two but caps and replace it for the approval and put it back to what I like after.  Have you guys asked why I won’t.  God knows look at all the stuff I’ve built.  So why not this?  And I have always made almost all of the adjustments if not all that are requested.   But why not this one.  Because at some point I have a principle I want to stand on.  I feel that at some point you have to just say  “come on”.  Especially when it is clearly displayed. 

wf4hP16.jpg
lO3K5cZ.jpg

wiPIHYi.jpg

how are these not valid valid valid screen examples from very prominent and famous scenes.  How are these discarded? Is it just to make things difficult on people or just someone deciding well my judgment is more important than the movie. 

and even based on these if you approve I am not so sure I will continue.  

I’m in the  process of making a screen accurate F-11D and not sure I will post that.  What’s the point and purpose. Seems to be nothing at some point but just a headache. 

and I’m not saying I have or should have free rein.  Quite the opposite.  I believe in the right standards.  But they can’t be arbitrary.  I accept this but not that, I like this and not that.  This is acceptable on screen and this is not. 

a perfect example was rhe ridiculous discussion regarding the HWT.  I kept my mouth shut but it upset a lot and I mean a lot of people.  And not only did I supply the actual crl photos to FISD but those were the very photos approved by everyone on kenobi.  Higher ups.   We have crls for costumes that are blurrs in our world or old graphics.  Here you had a clear cut example of a FISD approved costume modified and rhen deborah chiw appeoved and Doug appeoved.  Made it on screen.  And there is just an arbitrary, no.  Now people are building their own HWT that matches it.  And after their approvals making the kids.  

it just comes across wrong and it seems to many many many as petty.  

So it’s hard to not get discouraged and think that it might have a bit of personal animosity or agenda set out.  

Afain I have always been treated with respect and have always afforded everyone here the highest respect.  I am just voicing a principle and it’s no one’s burden to accept.  But I also have mine that not only do I think keep my best interest in mind but also advance rhe interests of FISD not hurt it.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 10:31 AM, equuspolo said:

Everyone here is amazing.  It’s just the way the system is set up and I think has overtime been misinterpreted and perhaps evolving.  

Yes the CRL's are evolving, noone can state they aren't after this last major update to this very CRL.

What we do absolutely need to do is follow a process, and there are several reasons why.

First there is no agenda, why would there be, and to safe guard against that type of thing from happening, we have not only the open discussions on the forum, but staff discussions and LMO discussion where needed.

The other part is the members Polls, this is done again for the same reason, so it is not a one person decision, not mine, not a DO's and not just one member.

You cant loose sight of the fact almost every legion member also makes changes to there armour after approval, even basic approval so everyone can do what they want to make their armour more comfortable etc etc.

Second, the system is in place to help minimize errors, but also to not present what can very easily look like favoritism towards one member over another. These things have a Butterfly effect, and we do everything possible to remove that, and keep all members comfortable.

You presented a case, and it is being worked on,  your case is not ignored, it is being handles with the same level of action ans seriousness that all CRL potential updates are given.  In fact it is also being expanded upon, but like all balanced and fair systems the process takes time. You know this first hand as the TLJ thread has been running for over 2 years, we had no correct images so we couldn't update until we did.

Patience is the key here, this needs to be done in the correct fashion and  that is the fair and balanced way to do it for everyone concerned including our current and future members.

I have offered up more possibilities in that thread because you are correct, this isn't about a D ring colour, it is about multiple variations and different parts, and if we consider one, we need to consider more, and it deserves the due process of discussion, and outcomes to be put to membership polls.

I think its pretty clear that we are invested in continuing to update our CRL's, so your patience and understanding are appreciated.

• Like 3