Here we go!

Ok, so I've wanted to build a Stormtrooper forever just like the rest of you and it's finally time. This has been years in the making. I originally thought " hey, I can build a clay mold and vacuum form my own armor!" Boy was I wrong!. Anyhow, I'm 48 and finally in a position where I can afford the armor. So, I contacted Darkside Dave. He totally made me feel like I to could put this together. Now, the waiting game! My E11 just arrived in New York from Germany, coming to Tennessee so it looks like I'll be I'll be able to start that! Ukswraith's voice and speakers are in my hand and I cant stop playing with it, and my boots have been ordered from IB Boots. How many times can a person check on tracking you ask? Well,it's a lot I can tell you!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello and welcome Terry! :salute: Boy oh boy did I refresh my package tracking page when I was waiting for mine!
Amazing that you have taken the first steps! The excitement cannot be measured :laugh1: If you could extract electricity from it then I'd say the electricity for my Christmas lights would have been covered :laugh1:

Do you plan on taking it all the way to Centurion? Hint hint nudge nudge :popcorn:

In the meantime, here is a thread with very helpful info!

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the research, remember measure twice and cut once ;) 

One word of warning through, Terry.. when BBB day comes, you will tear open that box like a kid at Christmas (like most of us did) and then realize "Oh crap, I have to put this thing together", lol.  Not to worry, though. In addition to research, for a dynamite looking set of armor the main key is to ask questions.  Lots of questions.  

Many builders just forge ahead when encountering a problem and most of the time it ends up badly.  Better to hit us up for guidance rather than guess.  Trust me.  ;)

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Terry! :salute: Boy oh boy did I refresh my package tracking page when I was waiting for mine!
Amazing that you have taken the first steps! The excitement cannot be measured :laugh1: If you could extract electricity from it then I'd say the electricity for my Christmas lights would have been covered :laugh1:

Do you plan on taking it all the way to Centurion? Hint hint nudge nudge :popcorn:

In the meantime, here is a thread with very helpful info!
Try being the key word here...

• Like 2

Hi Terry. 

welcome to the FISD. I remember waiting for my BBB. Very exciting. 

looking forward to your build thread. Remember. Ask lots of questions. There is a wealth of information here to share. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Totally.  I mean, I can see people buying boots just to get the bag!

Hmm, I wonder if I need new boots to keep weathered for my HWT build…

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, MaskedVengeance said:

Hmm, I wonder if I need new boots to keep weathered for my HWT build…

I bought a second pair for my HWT since I troop in that armor more.  If you are looking for something temporary, I suggest charcoal dust.  That way you can clean it off if you want to go as a shiny white TK.

I bought a second pair for my HWT since I troop in that armor more.  If you are looking for something temporary, I suggest charcoal dust.  That way you can clean it off if you want to go as a shiny white TK.
https://imgur.com/a/ZRGidNJ

You can also use water based acrylic paints, very cheap and will easily rub off with a polish ;)