Shiri's Denuo Novo First Order TK Build Thread

Shiri

Shiri,
You're looking good so far. Keep asking plenty of questions and posting plenty of pictures; you'll get all the help you need here. I'm definitely taking notes before I start my own kit. :lol:

Will do! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s only an inch or so on each side you don’t need to shim. You cut the back in half, glue the sides and the TD will cover the gap in the back. If you want a more firm connection/feeling you could ad fabric and a zipper to close the back. I’m building the same kit and it’s just plain awesome to work with :happyandcheerfulbirthday:

Ok if I’m honest, if I suck my gut in, it’s an inch gap on each side but if I don’t, it’s more like two or so inches gap on each side.

3 hours ago, Shiri said:

Ok if I’m honest, if I suck my gut in, it’s an inch gap on each side but if I don’t, it’s more like two or so inches gap on each side. emoji53.png

TD will still cover it and if you use a solid closure that won’t pop open then use the armor as a sort of corset and yes I’m serious:) My armor has a gap at the top and what I’m doing is to use said fabric (stretch) and a zipper and make it as tight as I can.

• Like 1

TD will still cover it and if you use a solid closure that won’t pop open then use the armor as a sort of corset and yes I’m serious My armor has a gap at the top and what I’m doing is to use said fabric (stretch) and a zipper and make it as tight as I can.

Lol thanks!

Nice! I usually trace the cut lines with pencil before I start trimming. This kit looks so much easier to put together than mine  with the numbers and all.

Some parts have easy to follow cut lines but others are confusing or nonexistent

On 12/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, Shiri said:

Lol thanks!

Hope your build is coming along. Just wanted to mention that using fabric with stretch didn’t work all that well, atleast not for me so I ended up sewing the zipper straight to the velcro and that gave a much better connection:)

Cs2wSCE.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Hope your build is coming along. Just wanted to mention that using fabric with stretch didn’t work all that well, atleast not for me so I ended up sewing the zipper straight to the velcro and that gave a much better connection
Cs2wSCE.jpg

Good to know! Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hope your build is coming along. Just wanted to mention that using fabric with stretch didn’t work all that well, atleast not for me so I ended up sewing the zipper straight to the velcro and that gave a much better connection
Cs2wSCE.jpg

I just read your post again and am curious why you sewed the zipper to Velcro?

I haven’t posted anything in a bit but I have made some good progress and I’ll post more pics soon.

So I easily can adjust the size incase my midsection increase/decrease. 

Ah! Good idea! So do you glue one side of the Velcro to the abs and then sew the zipper on to the other side of the Velcro?

And don't panic about strapping, it's what ever works for you, there is no right or wrong way (as long as it's not seen from the outside) hence why it's not a requirement for any of the costume levels ;) 

• Like 1