Waiting on my BBB

Halfpint

11 minutes ago, Halfpint said:

I will take some more pictures and hopefully you can see the T-tracks better. As for the grip does that mean the part at the fire selector should be plain black as well? 

Just the grips as they as these are separate

Sterling-L2A3-Sub-Machinegun-Kit-416x277

20 minutes ago, Halfpint said:

Thank you for the fast reply. So but that means the grips on mine can stay this way ( they are all black besides the part at the  fire selector) and only the T-tracks we’re supposed to be all black?

Correct :duim:

12 hours ago, Halfpint said:

So but that means the grips on mine can stay this way ( they are all black besides the part at the  fire selector) and only the T-tracks we’re supposed to be all black?

Glen is spot-on, Alan.  The interior parts of the mechanism were of course metal, and the trigger guard plate (pic 2) and selector switch were normally painted black, but the interior assembly (pic 3) was not and the base metal could be seen (pic 4), so your weathering there is fine.

The grip and T-tracks were synthetic (plastic) and although they can have scratches (like the one in the first pic) any weathering should not have a metallic appearance, so what you have is ideal.  Note how shiny the grip is as compared to the matte finish of the trigger guard. ;)

image.png.8aa339ac7c3b2eba6dec48117b3d09d8.png  image.png.a4aa7772186be7aaa626b8193f427cd0.png  image.png.60f05b69f74c79d7900a5c28889ebcca.png   image.png.5db94f62f88b07d4618a53e4e2c7c1cb.png

Not sure how accurate you want to get, lol, but the M19 scopes were made of brass.  No worries at any level of approval if you want to keep the silver, just a heads-up from an old guy with OCD. :laugh1:

image.jpeg.e3d0124c34d6d13f8f67e56cf9523ff8.jpeg   image.png.2ef3102f7bd8a27ebe6cbb5699b9bd72.png

Keep up the great work!

42 minutes ago, Halfpint said:

Ok better is not good enough I suppose. Any hints ? 

"Looking better" ie looks good, leave it as is

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Always fun to see the transition of

45047865zu.jpeg   ->   45102033wh.jpeg

Looking good! I'm sure you're very excited, and you'll be approved in no time! Hard for me to tell exactly what it is, but there's something odd going on with your shoulder bridges. Do you just have them taped down for the photo? There appears to be a lot of excess soft material poking out on the sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Halfpint said:

Sneak peek 

45102033wh.jpeg

Looking good  Alan,

If I may , prior to submit for 501st approval with your GML,  a great source of feedback on your Armor build is to post in the bellow Section. There are always some details that once fixed can make  you to look your best.   :salute:

• Like 1

Great to see you finally in your kit Alan, looking forward to your application photos and inevitable approval :popcorn:

• Like 1

NICE looking set of armor there, Alan, and it looks like it fits you very well!  I'm sure you will have a few small tweaks here and there, but that's to be expected.  Not sure what type of strapping system you are using for the thighs, but you may want to rotate them out a bit if possible.  The reason I say that is because you may find that when you walk the tops of them are catching on the cod.  Having that extra space will make it much more comfortable.  ;)

image.jpeg.4117775e22b6663ad1dc6c97ee0890d9.jpeg        image.jpeg.b4b382f179da5a2d2e54b01a69b088a5.jpeg  image.jpeg.4ed1d7be360d309b95b6ad443da3c22f.jpeg  image.jpeg.72ce4840cb082c9813e13669dd182bb5.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you all. And yes I do have a second snap button to lower the thighs a bit n order the avoid it catching the cod. Like I said I just jumped into the kit to try it on and will look forward to adjusting it properly. And info you all have for me is greatly appreciated 

• Like 1