Waiting on my BBB

Halfpint

Hi everybody,

so now I will start this WIP thread but I have to say that I am having my TK d9ne by Trooperstuff /RWA and am waiting on it. 
i am happy that they are helping me to make my childhood dream come true.

Douglas from Trooperstuff keeps me up to date on the build so I would like to share a few pictures in here.

Arms being made to my measurements 

image.jpeg.87655c6ce163708c71105d290ea33d0b.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing the progress, just remember measure twice so they can cut once ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Happy new year even though it’s the 5th already. Quick update: So I am happy that soon my BBB will finally arrive here. Once I received it I will need you guys help in order to adjust it all the right way. Hope everyone is doing fine. Plus I will upload a pic of my E11 blaster to see if I can use it for my clearance as well. 

B48A11F2-E919-4220-B3BA-2D7398212014.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Halfpint said:

Happy new year even though it’s the 5th already. Quick update: So I am happy that soon my BBB will finally arrive here. Once I received it I will need you guys help in order to adjust it all the right way. Hope everyone is doing fine. Plus I will upload a pic of my E11 blaster to see if I can use it for my clearance as well. 

B48A11F2-E919-4220-B3BA-2D7398212014.jpeg

Hi Alan and congratulations for your BBB day, :salute:

To post your photos I would suggest to use a Photo host , the most used here is imgur, so you can add better quality photos to receive better feedback.

bellow is a link to a tutorial  Don't hesitate to ask any question you have, we are here to help.  

vor 19 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Hi Alan and congratulations for your BBB day, :salute:

To post your photos I would suggest to use a Photo host , the most used here is imgur, so you can add better quality photos to receive better feedback.

bellow is a link to a tutorial  Don't hesitate to ask any question you have, we are here to help.  

Awesome that’s exactly what I was looking for. Because I was wondering why my data got less and less for uploads. Will do that 

Congrats on your BBB day, Alan.. the kit looks awesome!  Once you've suited up I would suggest taking some pics and submitting them in our "Pre-Approval" thread (info. link here).   This way we can give you any pointers for when you get ready to apply for Basic 501st approval.  As for the photos you will need, I would advise taking a look at some examples of the required ones for EI (link here).  It will also help to have those example pics nearby for reference when taking your photos. ;)

The size of the photos cannot be "too big".  Larger, detailed pics will help, and there is no limit to how many you can/should post.  The more the merrier!  

Blaster looks great as well!  Although blasters are not required for Basic approval I noticed that it has the M19 style scope instead of the more common M38.  Not to worry, though, it is 100% approvable at all levels!

It may be just a reflection in the photo, but it looks as if the T-tracks have some "weathering" (silver paint).  If so, not a big deal, but if you are (hopefully) aiming for Expert Infantry approval they will need to be solid black (the originals were made of plastic) so just a bit of black spray paint will do the trick.

image.jpeg.a5e5451f8b28be3f587ae4cd07e7755b.jpeg    image.jpeg.934a6267fa84bba8d616633b39cc48cd.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing your Pre-approval, and if you have any questions or issues just ask!

• Like 1

Awesome. Thank you for the feedback. I will have the blaster all black since that is not a problem. I will come back with questions as soon as my BBB is here. Thank you very much for your time and yes I am aiming for expert infantry so hopefully that will happen one day. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Halfpint said:

... yes I am aiming for expert infantry so hopefully that will happen one day. 

That's the spirit!  To paraphrase a tagline from Home Depot, "You can do it, we can will help"!

The one thing to remember above all is that you should never, ever be shy about asking for advice.  Your questions are just as important as our answers.

• Like 1

Exciting times, looking forward to seeing you kitted up, it's an amazing experience when you first wear the armor :D

• Like 2

I put all of mine on for the first time today for some photos and inspections.  It was a very surreal feeling.  You're looking out at a green world from inside a bucket.  You're being told by others you look like a stormtrooper but you don't see that yourself, you see a green world through the lens.  Then you look at a photo after and can't believe it is you under there.  Very strange experience but one I'm anxious to do again with, hopefully, less nerves.  You're going to like it!  Bart

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bartman said:

I put all of mine on for the first time today for some photos and inspections.  It was a very surreal feeling.  You're looking out at a green world from inside a bucket.  You're being told by others you look like a stormtrooper but you don't see that yourself, you see a green world through the lens.  Then you look at a photo after and can't believe it is you under there.  Very strange experience but one I'm anxious to do again with, hopefully, less nerves.  You're going to like it!  Bart

Wait until your first troop, standing there having photos with younglings, high fives and seeing them smile, then you realise your cheeks hurt because you have been smiling so much, then it hits you, nobody can see you smile, your wearing a helmet :laugh1:

e4e81e236a3e0855-600x338.jpg

• Like 5

Am 8.1.2023 um 00:42 schrieb Bartman:

Oh believe me I can’t wait. Looking forward to it so bad. Love to hear the experiences you all had. 

Congrats on your delayed Christmas present! We wanna see photos of you kitted up, Alan! And once you're ready to submit your 501st application, you can create a pre-approval thread to gain initial feedback prior to submitting your GML (Garrison Member Liaison). Were you ever able to connect with fellow German guilders? In case not, I'm paging @Morgi. p.s. Luca (Morgi) likes memes. :laugh1:

• Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb MaskedVengeance:

Congrats on your delayed Christmas present! We wanna see photos of you kitted up, Alan! And once you're ready to submit your 501st application, you can create a pre-approval thread to gain initial feedback prior to submitting your GML (Garrison Member Liaison). Were you ever able to connect with fellow German guilders? In case not, I'm paging @Morgi. p.s. Luca (Morgi) likes memes. :laugh1:

K3QGEA8.jpeg

Hi Alan!

A belated Welcome to the FISD from my side as well!

We've got a ton of TKs in Germany, several Attachés, so I can assure you, you're in good hands if you ever want some local help. Since Caleb went ahead and tagged me, I want to offer you my help as well, if that's something you're interested in -- if that's because I might know some local help, sources or simply because of the language barrier. As we say over here in the FISD: Troopers helping Troopers. So feel free to reach out at any time!

Of course you can also stick to all the help and feedback you're getting on here, I can assure you that these people will help you make the most of your armor :D

Sadly the German forum is a bit inactive, but as you're seeing there's tons of other resources waiting for you. 

Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see your final armor :peace:

• Like 2

Hi Luca,

I would love to get your help and of course all of the others. Yes the german forum is indeed very inactive as far as i can tell. Language is not a problem since i am an american living in germany for the last 43 years, so i am fluent in both. But of course my main language nowadays is german hahaha.

I will let you all know as soon as my BBB has arrived and then will start to post some pictures and start the pre-approval. In the meanwhile i will have my blaster all black. At least something i can do right now.

thank you all for your time

Alan

• Like 1

It's a bit hard to see as there appears to be some reflection in the first image, but T tracks and the grip should be a gloss black as they were plastic, for higher levels the DO's don't insist on gloss finish but they do mention no weathering ;)