Denuo Novo Now Offering Assembled FOTK Armor...

TheRascalKing

This won't end well, some may not understand why the costume may not be approved straight out of the box, although I'm sure a few will slip through with some GML's, I can just hear "but this guy got approved without making changes". 

Oh and yes I know this can happen with any makers armor.

I'm still waiting to see the excerpts from their "professional Stormtrooper builders" and what experience those professionals have and to what standards do they build, costume, screen accuracy or club inclusion. 

"All together you should have enough to cover the essentials to start your build into the becoming a stormtrooper. In our next piece of this series, we are going to cover The Gotta Haves vs Nice to Haves - excerpts pulled from some professional Stormtrooper builders out there who have done and seen it all themselves!"

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I have seen one of these kits in person. Overall it was well trimmed and decently put together, however; the two things that I think are the biggest drawbacks are the armor is not assembled based on the individual wearer size and body type and the second, some of the assembly methods would not hold up for trooping an event. 

• Like 1

This won't end well, some may not understand why the costume may not be approved straight out of the box, although I'm sure a few will slip through with some GML's, I can just hear "but this guy got approved without making changes". 

Oh and yes I know this can happen with any makers armor.

I'm still waiting to see the excerpts from their "professional Stormtrooper builders" and what experience those professionals have and to what standards do they build, costume, screen accuracy or club inclusion. 
"All together you should have enough to cover the essentials to start your build into the becoming a stormtrooper. In our next piece of this series, we are going to cover The Gotta Haves vs Nice to Haves - excerpts pulled from some professional Stormtrooper builders out there who have done and seen it all themselves!"

From what I’ve visibly seen it’s very close to what costumers wear in Galaxy’s edge. So it will require some adjustments.

The seam in the yoke is still there for sure.

But the biggest thing that I am concerned with is a prebuilt costume from them comes with no extra trimmed abs for any reason you’d need it, one in particular is sizing up armor. Which that’s the next thing I hope is understood by buyers. This armor is made for thin guys. So if you have ample calves, thighs, midline…it’s not going to be the best fit without some adjustments.

It’s in fact the same reason I cancelled my order years ago and fought for the refund, because it was not going to fit me.

I personally try to recommend to those who ask me in our garrison to buy kits and learn to build as it will save a lot of headaches, but as we all understand, this isn’t always going to happen.

The mention of “professional builders” concerns me as that’s just marketing speak to get attention. It’s very much like anyone who sells a costume and says “It’s 501st approvable ready to go” anyone of us who knows or is a GML understands that’s a statement that’s not really accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

One of the builders is a member, they posted a video on their Facebook and instagram feeds.

That's good to know. Even still, it's wise to know that if someone else builds, whether 501st or not it doesn't always guarantee approval, especially with the pre assembled FOTK and adjustments we already have noted.