After 48 years I'm finally going to be a TK thanks to Daves Darkside!

dblcross

Very exciting times are ahead for you Terry, you will never forget your first troop as a TK in the 501st.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the boards, Terry!  Dave makes a GREAT product.. I've been trooping in AM armor for over 7 years and still no splits, cracks or yellowing.  Be sure ask if you have any questions (no matter how small) and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome to FISD Terry! I'm about to build my Second TK using Dave's AM armor this time (once it arrives). My first set was an ATA kit.

Be sure to make a build thread so we can help you along, and be sure to ask questions. We are here to assist in anyway we can!

Amazing Terry, welcome! I know how you feel! The first troop was extremely rewarding! 

If you have to wait for your armor like I had to, I can suggest becoming obsessed with the EIB and Centurion applications, awesome activity to pass the time! :laugh1:

Welcome Terry! I am just now placing my order for another TK and am gonna travel this road with you with AMs new 5.0 armor. i built the 2.0 and it was amazing so can only imagine whats coming. Cant wait to see you get your approval and added to the ranks here. Good luck and as stated, if you havent already, start your build thread. put things you already have bought or are planning to buy. track and log all your info as to be able to go back later and laugh at yourself lol (ive done it). but most of all, and this is so very important, have fun sir. I love you said you want to make kids smile, because that is what this is all about. you got this man and you have an amazing group surrounding you here. dont be afraid to ask.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dblcross said:

How long does a Triple D kit normally take to receive? No rush. Just curious.

Really depends on the supplier and if they are sending a kit or completed. One of our members has waited @ 6 months for a completed kit. 

• Like 1

I ordered mine in July of last year (2022 JUL 05) .

He tells me it should be shipping in the next few weeks.

He had issues getting supplies (plastic, etc). Plus had to deal with a hurricane and some other fun things.

I'm told his kits are amazing, so I'm super excited waiting for mine!

27 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Neck seal, holster, and belt ordered!

Woohoo! MBB (medium brown box) days are super exciting too! I remember when my first blaster arrived in the mail.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Woohoo! MBB (medium brown box) days are super exciting too! I remember when my first blaster arrived in the mail.

Dude, I hope I can build my kit as impressive as yours! Congratulations on Centurion! 

2 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Dude, I hope I can build my kit as impressive as yours! Congratulations on Centurion! 

You're practically a Tennessean, So I hope you Volunteer any advise to my build that you can! And go Bulldogs if that helps! (honestly I don't care for the Vols, or football in general but it was still funny!)

44 minutes ago, dblcross said:

You're practically a Tennessean, So I hope you Volunteer any advise to my build that you can! And go Bulldogs if that helps! (honestly I don't care for the Vols, or football in general but it was still funny!)

Thanks Terry! I took the long road on my armor build, but if it’s any comfort to you, I had never constructed anything like it, costume or otherwise, before. Just take things slow, check references and guides, post lots of photos, and ask lots of questions. I think you’ll find a great many troopers, including myself, who will be happy to Volunteer (haha) their input.

By the way, though my armor is from ATA, Dave makes my preferred thermal detonator (I have eight from various armor makers), so great job on getting onboard with AM!

Oh, and I’m a Sunday football kinda guy, and actually neither TN nor GA. #BroncosCountry #WeAreTerrible

8 hours ago, dblcross said:

You can, Terry!  The key points to armor building I always suggest are:

1.  Have all your supplies on-hand before beginning.

2.  Research.  Research.  Research.  Check out build threads, Expert Infantry and Centurion submission threads specific to AM armor.  Each maker has their own little nuances, and it helps to know what these are.

If you need help finding these, just ask.

3.  Post lots of photos on your build thread every chance you get (this is especially important when you have an issue).  When in doubt, ALWAYS post up pics before cutting/gluing.  Trust me on this one.

4.  Take.... your....time.  I cannot stress that enough.

5.  Ask questions, and lots of them.  Your questions are just as important to us as they are to you.  

6.  You will get frustrated/discouraged at times.  When this happens, take a step back and refer to item 5 above.  We will get you through it.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

• Like 1

One habit I've started, which I'm sure each and every one of you does this as well. All of the new Starwars content coming out has got me looking at TK's with a lot more scrutiny! I'm now looking for shoulder bell elastic, cover strips, drop boxes, spacing, and God knows what else!mXhbxuM.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dblcross said:

One habit I've started, which I'm sure each and every one of you does this as well. All of the new Starwars content coming out has got me looking at TK's with a lot more scrutiny! I'm now looking for shoulder bell elastic, cover strips, drop boxes, spacing, and God knows what else!

Exactly the same was me :laugh1: .   Another useful resource for  your build is the Gallery Section , the EIB and Centurion Approved apps. 

Remember to open your own Build Thread and receive all the feedback. :salute:

• Like 1