Test Fit of Ab and Thighs

BATS2150

You may be better off just having the one build thread as it's a little easier to see other pieces you have worked on.

That said you won't really know how your ab/cod/kidney will finally sit without your chest and backplate, these will change the height of the ab/cod/kidney, so definitely don't trim or bend anything until you can do a full kit-up

Your ab wants to come up, it is sticking out under your chest, need tighter strapping between, this should help everything come up and give you  a bigger gap between cod and thighs.

qMOPaHS.jpg 

Compare with this image of Luke and see just how far his abdomen is under the chest, his chest is over his ab buttons, yours may not come up this much. Also not how the chest height changes with movement

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif

16 hours ago, BATS2150 said:

Yeah, I caught a nasty armor bite with the cod piece. I also have to replace the shoulder strap velcro because it came off during the test fit. 

Are you using Velcro for the shoulder bells?

Velcro can be used 

Shoulder Straps

• These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.
  • The rear tab of the shoulder strap is optional and may or may not be present.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • No visible rivets are allowed.
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • These shall free float in back.
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Although not mentioned until L3 adding white elastic around the fabric and shoulder straps can help hold them down.

UrnD3dz.jpg?2k.     lbfFArU.jpg?1     FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

I did some adjustments on the abdominal piece and butt. ABS that I constructed from Glens tutorial to keep it in place, to include adjusting the strapping on the butt and ab piece. Now I have to find a way to keep the left calf piece from moving and sit in place. I seen some few post that some troopers use Velcro straps on the boots and bottom of the calf piece. I will try that and see how it works out. 

qNceQn7.jpg

uqpNjmA.jpg

QGDbelL.jpg

Mlx7c4A.jpg

41 minutes ago, BATS2150 said:

I did some adjustments on the abdominal piece and butt. ABS that I constructed from Glens tutorial to keep it in place, to include adjusting the strapping on the butt and ab piece. Now I have to find a way to keep the left calf piece from moving and sit in place. I seen some few post that some troopers use Velcro straps on the boots and bottom of the calf piece. I will try that and see how it works out. 

qNceQn7.jpg

uqpNjmA.jpg

QGDbelL.jpg

Mlx7c4A.jpg

Could you point to this tutorial on the abs/butt fixes?  I think I will need to adjust my armor too as I am not getting the correct overlaps/spacing on my commissioned AP armor and I want to get my ducks in a row before doing something wrong to correct it.  Thanks.  Bart

qNceQn7.jpg

uqpNjmA.jpg

QGDbelL.jpg

Mlx7c4A.jpg

18 hours ago, BATS2150 said:

Now I have to find a way to keep the left calf piece from moving and sit in place. I seen some few post that some troopers use Velcro straps on the boots and bottom of the calf piece. I will try that and see how it works out. 

I use elastic straps and snaps, I find this allows some give when you bend especially for bending really low, then will pull back in position when standing upright. 

V Tabs looking good, I've only used one either side to date, normally it's enough but I also have more elastic strapping.

For anyone following the closer to the ends the V tabs are the better as they stop the plates from opening up.

(pre double snaps)

qrjihT5.jpg

• Like 1

Still looks like your strapping isn't very tight between chest and abdomen, you can see the gap between the chest and ab in the below photo. Double check this once you have someone else there to take the photos, could be as you are lifting your arm to take the photo it's pulling up the chest.

DuiHjH9.jpg

I adjusted the straps and still need to tighten the arm straps cause still getting a little bite. Also need to bring the chest plate down just a bit cause the bucket rides up and can't see anything. May need to pull the padding from the top. 

QYsLB73.jpg

fe5070b.jpg

LjUpQDk.jpg

LMX1Fqd.jpg

Edited by BATS2150
Information