E-11 Pugman vs E-11 Hero Differences

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I did my best to make sure this landed in the right place.

RS is making my ESB commission and they asked if I want my E-11 to be Pugman or Hero. What are the differences in weight, materials, screen lineage, accuracy etc?

It would mainly be used for display -- which is the better option? Not entirely clear on the differences.

Thank you!

The Pugmans were used in ESB.  I assume what they are calling a "Hero" blaster was the standard ANH E-11.  Here are 2 of my builds that show some of the differences:

ANH E-11

3fYUWLG.jpg

ESB E-11

E44YJi6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 2:55 AM, justjoseph63 said:

The Pugmans were used in ESB.  I assume what they are calling a "Hero" blaster was the standard ANH E-11.  Here are 2 of my builds that show some of the differences:

ANH E-11

3fYUWLG.jpg

ESB E-11

E44YJi6.jpg

Where are these from? Do you find the pugman or the hero version to be better for display purposes?

From I recall the Pugman version is a rubber/resin cast of another E-11. So it is a full solid static prop. All the normal open cavity areas you would find on a sterling built E-11 like the front sight guard are filled in solid as it would be near impossible to make molds to capture that space/detail. 

Pugman has lineage to ESB used props so that is the plus point for this blaster. RS obtained the molds from the movie so RS Pugman copies are basically the same identical prop background troopers used on set. 

But for a display piece, if want to show more details, the regular E-11 blaster they offer might be better. 

full?d=1542144850

774142_10151335663839333_879020158_o.jpg

Here is a video Paul @RS Props did showing their  reguar E-11 & Bapty version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejUMlKi0SvY

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bulldog44

13 hours ago, ExpertAmateur said:

(...)   Do you find the pugman or the hero version to be better for display purposes?

If you display only ONE blaster (instead of a whole collection) I would clearly avoid the pugman version.

You will also find more sources for the regular ANH E-11 and (if correctly built) it has a far more realistic appearance and details.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

If you display only ONE blaster (instead of a whole collection) I would clearly avoid the pugman version.

You will also find more sources for the regular ANH E-11 and (if correctly built) it has a far more realistic appearance and details.

Agreed.  When trooping (especially if there are a lot of kids present.. of all ages) you will often get asked "Can I hold your gun"?**  If you have a rubber blaster you don't have to worry about them dropping it.  But, for display purposes I prefer a realistic looking version.  

** I personally don't suggest letting anyone hold your weapon.  The reason being is that you have no control over where they will point it (or at who) for a photo.  I normally say "Lord Vader forbids it" or "It's against Imperial regulations" or something along those lines.

• Like 1