TK-10537 Reporting for Duty

I received my TKID Today!

44JvxUv.jpg

Reporting live from the Carolina Garrison, outside Raleigh, NC!

I learned about the 501st over five years ago, and sat on doing anything about for too long. I finally pulled the trigger and am so happy I did! 

Lessons Learned:

-Make a build thread! (I didn’t). I could have gotten answers so much faster than spending days researching, cross referencing, hoping for the best, second-guessing myself, and then doing it the way I thought was right all along.

-There is often more than one right way to do something. Sometimes the right answer is what is within your skill level or budget. If the end result gets the look, it’s right!

-The initial trim lines don’t have to be the final lines of the armor. It’s a custom build, it should be custom fit! Sometimes that means more, sometimes less. Just don’t trim TOO much…

-ALL the answers are on here (somewhere). Keep looking. Keep reading. Read posts of applications for EI and Centurion and read the comments/ guidance to see what is really scrutinized (when you’re stressing over the little detail that you later find out is covered up anyway)

-Cutting and fitting the thighs isn’t THAT scary…

First troop is this weekend! The first of many!

Cheers!

TK10537

Edited by BeernPizza
  • Like 3

Congrats. 

15 hours ago, BeernPizza said:

The initial trim lines don’t have to be the final lines of the armor.

I wish I would have known this when I started. Took me awhile to get over the fear of cutting to fit vs. trying to color in the lines. :)
Looks great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TikiTechie said:

Took me awhile to get over the fear of cutting to fit vs. trying to color in the lines. :)

Thanks Jim!

That fear is very real! ;) I like that analogy too "coloring in the lines"!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello again Lee! Did you have an awesome first troop? Got any images of it perhaps? Start a Troop Log so we can follow your journey! :jc_doublethumbup: