FN1313’s ANH Stunt Build thread

FN1313

39 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Looking good Kyle,

Just be sure that you trimmed and sanding completely the front section of return edges

9Uv1HPO.jpg

References

5sgWC9m.jpg  

1K8Qi3k.jpg

Yep I will be making sure of that. It’s going to be easier to do that with Dremel, so I will trim those back some more later with the Dremel and sanding down

• Like 1

hace 19 horas, FN1313 dijo:

Of course save all your scraps just in case you need abs paste
b5cf727aea86d16ac38ad635f507bcd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not a big fan of the ABS paste :laugh1:...I like to use Sugru (for areas that don't need much resistance), or a bicomponent moldable putty(white) for areas with more "stress". The sanding job and the final finish is much "smoother". :jc_doublethumbup:

Oh, and it's much better to wear the undersuit when you fix the armor parts, it will help you to have a better impression of how everything will fit.:salute:

Keep up the good work Kyle!

Forearm question.

For the wrist end does it have to be a flat plane cut ending? Or can there be some curvature for wrist movement?

Here’s an image of what I’m wanting to know (it’s not the best, but I hope it makes sense what I mean) I also don’t intend too extreme, just wanted to know what is correct before proceeding further.

fe6d021347db03e4c80d2d3cd9986788.jpg

7 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

Forearm question.

For the wrist end does it have to be a flat plane cut ending? Or can there be some curvature for wrist movement?

Here’s an image of what I’m wanting to know (it’s not the best, but I hope it makes sense what I mean) I also don’t intend too extreme, just wanted to know what is correct before proceeding further.

fe6d021347db03e4c80d2d3cd9986788.jpg

Flat ending. As you can see in the reference images I posted earlier. :salute:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FN1313 said:

Yep I will be making sure of that. It’s going to be easier to do that with Dremel, so I will trim those back some more later with the Dremel and sanding down

Zip off the edge with the dremel and then hit it with 220ish grit sandpaper on the inside to smooth out the edge. It'll take care of low spots and give a comfy edge that doesn't bother your undersuit or skin. :salute:

• Like 1

Here’s some shots I took to verify the fitting and comfort of the biceps over a sweatshirt. The sweatshirt would be a little thicker than the undersuit, so that’s good to see they fit and were comfortable in flexed positions. Especially more so should I choose to wear thermals in colder troop conditions.

(Forgive the ambiance, It’s the only mirror I had access to at the time.)

dn9H0uV.jpgw61AxKQ.jpgvxKRAPW.jpgMmqzCBd.jpgMmqzCBd.jpg

Enjoy my Mr. Olympia pose practice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

Alright question before I glue.

How’s my cover strip looking. If this is good I will do the same with the rest and get to gluing.

c2920ce3673462239fa9f4ac6dec1a4e.jpg

According to that photo and the previous , I think you're ready to go.  

Cz2E08B.png

According to that photo and the previous , I think you're ready to go.  

Cz2E08B.png

Not all photos uploaded before your comment, what do you think with the cover strip photos now?

• Like 1

Just watch how much glue you apply, can be a tedious job removing it ;) Also rough up both surfaces with some coarse sandpaper to help the glue grip to it.

• Like 1

Nice job, If you're using E6000,  just take care of the glue excess, You can try putting less or wait for 10-15 minutes and  to remove the excess with a toothpick or some piece of ABS plastic. 

Once the glue cures, it will be hard to remove that excess

sRMzXyO.jpg

• Like 2

Nice job, If you're using E6000,  just take care of the glue excess, You can try putting less or wait for 10-15 minutes and  to remove the excess with a toothpick or some piece of ABS plastic. 

sRMzXyO.jpg

Good points. I also just remembered that this armor has that protective coating so I pulled the strip off and am going to redo it so the right side is out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

sRMzXyO.jpg

I've got so much glue to remove. The cover strip slipped and the glue got everywhere on my forearms!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I've got so much glue to remove. The cover strip slipped and the glue got everywhere on my forearms!

I find using a sharp piece of plastic scrap removes it really well, just re-cut the piece when it goes dull/blunt, some use a toothpick, a wet rag for very thin glue smears, rubbing the thumb over can also work

• Like 1

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

I find using a sharp piece of plastic scrap removes it really well, just re-cut the piece when it goes dull/blunt, some use a toothpick, a wet rag for very thin glue smears, rubbing the thumb over can also work

So much glue!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Yeah I spent an hour rubbing my thumb over the glue bits after removing my first strip because I had the wrong side facing out. It’s not impossible to do, just takes some work.

Edited by FN1313
  • Like 2

On the topic of strips though, what is the width of all of them. Arms are 15mm, but thighs and shins are which?

I tried finding the info but seems I’m struggling seeing it.

7 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

On the topic of strips though, what is the width of all of them. Arms are 15mm, but thighs and shins are which?

I tried finding the info but seems I’m struggling seeing it.

Arms 15mm

Thighs 20mm

Shins - front 20mm

- back 25mm

• Like 2