Newby from Sweden

ZaanSolo

Hello Everyone

I am so excited to have found the forum thanks to the Swedish Garrison, as I have been wanting to be part of a community that gives back as well as participate in a hobby we love.

Brand new at the building of costumes and ideally would love to create a Captain Phasma. Any and all advice will be welcomed with open arms, I had a read through some of the threads but not sure of the most up to date info and suppliers specifically for Phasma. 

Looking forward to being part of the community.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, info on the First Order troopers and Phasma can be found in the First Order Battle Group

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

This thread is also full of info

Looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon

Welcome aboard ! 

The only  experience I have had with Fiber Glass armor is to see other trooper's one and let me say that IMO it looks too rigid for movements and for adjustments.

ABS on the contrary is easy  to  work with (trim, glue  etc) 

Good luck a this index can be useful for you.  

:salute:

Jim's kits are flexible fiberglass, FOTK, Phasma, he does make other fiberglass costumes as well. They are a little heavier than ABS plastic but detail can be better. I would not say they are easier to assemble, you still have all the strapping to do. Both ABS and Fiberglass need sanding, filling and painting.

Perhaps reach out to some suppliers and check on pricing and shipping, the latter has risen quite considerably recently. 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:16 PM, ZaanSolo said:

Hello Everyone

I am so excited to have found the forum thanks to the Swedish Garrison, as I have been wanting to be part of a community that gives back as well as participate in a hobby we love.

Brand new at the building of costumes and ideally would love to create a Captain Phasma. Any and all advice will be welcomed with open arms, I had a read through some of the threads but not sure of the most up to date info and suppliers specifically for Phasma. 

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Great to see you found your way here:duim:

• Like 1