Honey Mustard's Artillery Trooper Build Thread

All looks good Logan, with the thighs and shins being so close together, can you walk comfortably?

Also have you tried to negotiate stairs, the could be an issue for you without causing damage to your parts of armor bite injury to yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 5:14 PM, Sly11 said:

All looks good Logan, with the thighs and shins being so close together, can you walk comfortably?

Also have you tried to negotiate stairs, the could be an issue for you without causing damage to your parts of armor bite injury to yourself.

Yup! I can walk as well as I can in my sandy! Sorry for the late response, been really sick lately. 

Here are some pics with the green screen, I also took some pics of each of my gear pieces that I will be uploading tomorrow (including the internal strapping for the backpack) :) 

EBFCB7F9-F011-4940-8FBE-03BA4FBBBA46

5B1465FE-E797-4ACB-9722-8F305CC9F8AB

8EF4235D-BE56-4F69-B8C1-44D5A533EEA1

C5193D52-8A63-4D0D-8A5C-436495B41B8D

1E5772F9-0E9C-4435-B85A-994703F280A6

• Like 4

Your images don't appear to be of a high resolution, these are 1334 x 625 pixels.

Watch the lighting, you can see the light is on your right side back so the front is darker, normally I have a few lights from the front which helps. It's entirely up to our DL the quality of photos used in the CRL's, he may offer some tips/requirements

Also you may want to try to bring your chest upwards it looks a little low compared to the back plate. There is also a large section of white (ab plate) showing on the sides, reference below

side.thumb.png.4eb301d9d25c568b66f068dff8d844c0.png

• Like 1

It can be difficult (and often impossible) but the correct way to do a green screen photo is with several lights lighting the screen itself, then a decent chunk of distance, then some lights on you. You should be rather far away from the back wall. 10 feet at least, but more if you can manage.  The more distance, the less green shows up on your armor. If you're right next to the screen, your armor turns green as well.

Additionally, it looks like the white balance is different in most of these. Force your phone or camera to a specific white balance for all of the shots in the same session. It depends on the temperature of your lighting equipment. Choose one that makes your armor look whitest and stick with it. Not too yellow or too blue.  Most phones and all cameras will allow you to do this in a manual or "pro" mode.

Also, +1 on Glen's input.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Honeymustard said:

EBFCB7F9-F011-4940-8FBE-03BA4FBBBA46

Heck yea. You look phenomenal, my dude. Very exciting to see someone finish this costume to a high level and grace our boards with it so that others can follow in your footsteps and look similarly awesome.

While I'm still not a fan of 850's sculpt and ABS in general for these, this is genuinely the best I've seen their armor look yet and is a fantastic build.

I agree about the underarm area (difficult just due to the shape of the 850 chest plate/connectors), and would check the trim of the lower section of your posterior against reference photos as well. Only other thing I can see is that the backpack appears to be riding very low and should sit up above the back box.

artillery-stormtrooper-main_b55b4bb9.jpe

Couple of little adjustments and you'll make for a heckuva CRL model. Great work. 

• Like 1

Alright so just to elicit some more feedback I did have a question about the white under the armpit area. I know I can reduce it by shifting my parts up and down, but is the idea to not have any white showing from under the black strapping? Because if so I’ll probably have to cut into my plate.

I tried to duplicate the stills I have from the show as best as I could. I did notice that the trooper does seem to have white that comes up from under the black strapping, I attached some photos to show it. 

C4248344-2E68-4864-91C1-7EB6505CBFB3

3F3A3853-1512-4B52-A176-FE909E9359EB

Additionally with the backpack and buttplate I’m not too sure as to what you guys are referring to. I attached a picture of my butt piece well. Do you guys have any other stills you could send my way that could better demonstrate the points you guys are mentioning? I would appreciate any and all help! :)

26D9E61B-B4A8-41C4-AE2B-51B393DDAE3B

I would suggest as he is kneeling the ab/back was pushed upwards, it's also on the back not the front like yours, standing you shouldn't see any white.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 6:52 AM, Honeymustard said:

I know I can reduce it by shifting my parts up and down, but is the idea to not have any white showing from under the black strapping? Because if so I’ll probably have to cut into my plate.

Yes sir! :salute: The idea is zero white showing while standing and you will very very likely have to cut the top of the ab plate to have it hidden under the black side extension.  Just about everyone with this style armor (new generation?) needs to cut it under the armpit like that.

As a bonus, it'll be a lot more comfy and breathe better with that plastic removed.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:52 AM, Honeymustard said:

Alright so just to elicit some more feedback I did have a question about the white under the armpit area. I know I can reduce it by shifting my parts up and down, but is the idea to not have any white showing from under the black strapping? Because if so I’ll probably have to cut into my plate.

I tried to duplicate the stills I have from the show as best as I could. I did notice that the trooper does seem to have white that comes up from under the black strapping, I attached some photos to show it. 

Additionally with the backpack and buttplate I’m not too sure as to what you guys are referring to. I attached a picture of my butt piece well. Do you guys have any other stills you could send my way that could better demonstrate the points you guys are mentioning? I would appreciate any and all help! :)

26D9E61B-B4A8-41C4-AE2B-51B393DDAE3B

If you're standing naturally, there shouldn't be white showing above the black underarm connector. If you're moving around, it's whatever, but your barrel should be cut accordingly, though 850s super long chest piece might make it challenging.

As to the posterior - it's a pretty flat, angled cut on the little tab at the bottom that's pretty distinctive from OTTKs. Hopefully no one else is inspecting this area this closely hahaha

nPgL9WL.jpg

large.4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscree

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Armpit area is looking much better, not a butt plate expert on these but it also looks more to the shape of the screen used part now.

MnvdVQk.png

Just throwing my thoughts in here, but the downward part on the posterior plate might actually follow the lines of the raised square bit above! It isn't much but the angles right now are more steep than in my reference image to the left, and following the lines of the box made the angle of the part look more similar! Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, Nairy said:

MnvdVQk.png

Just throwing my thoughts in here, but the downward part on the posterior plate might actually follow the lines of the raised square bit above! It isn't much but the angles right now are more steep than in my reference image to the left, and following the lines of the box made the angle of the part look more similar! Thoughts?

Alriiiight then. I had to go and buy a new butt plate. But here’s the update. What do you guys think? Edges are cut the same way.

IMG_7358

• Like 4

Apologies if my diagram was unclear, but that's looking much closer to the reference photos now - great work!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Honeymustard said:

Alriiiight then. I had to go and buy a new butt plate. But here’s the update. What do you guys think? Edges are cut the same way.

IMG_7358

To me that is perfection! :peace: Amazing work Logan!

• Like 1

Excellent Logan, your hard work has paid off.

Now what we need are the photos of all the parts separate as per how the R1 TK CRL looks.

Us it as your guide when taking the photos , we do this for consistency across our CRLs.

Check it out and if you can supply me the same similar set of images, i can get to work removing the backgrounds and building the complete CRL, of which you will be the CRL model.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM so we can discuss.

Exciting times are now very close.

• Like 1

You look fabulous! :duim: I can also help out with cropping the images for the crl, I can bang them out in two red and one green (an expression here in Sweden, two red is referring to two red Danish hot dogs and one green is a Danish beer, so basically the time it takes to eat two hot dogs and drink a beer on the 15-20 minute ferry over to Denmark :laugh1:)