Greetings from Tennessee

I was working on getting a ROTS vader started but that will have to wait awhile since I want to go atleast a lvl 2 cert to start with without causing a divorce from the cost and wife is more accepting of trooper pricing, that said my bud and I are going to be ordering our First order trooper kits in next with weeks after researching where and what to and not to buy from. He is a "normal" guy and wont have a issue, I on the other hand am 6'2 and 240lbs with a big of a dad gut so my biggest concern other than being able to cert is actually fitting in a kit. Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated it. 

Hello and welcome aboard, First Order Battle Group section has a lot of info for our FOTK's.

This should help you on your way

Hello there, and welcome from just across the state line from Chattanooga, in Georgia! OT TK guy myself, but I look forward to following along on your FO build! Tons of people here to serve as a resource!

Welcome aboard Stephan! I think you'll find all the help you need here.
I just ordered a FOTK kit from Deuno Novo on the 7th and am looking forward to getting what appears to be an outstanding kit. However, I would be interested to hear what others who have already received their kit think about it's overall size. Just off the top of my head, I know that @TheRascalKing @daryldoak, @Peregrinus and a few others have received theirs and posted build threads. They may have some input on it's size. There's a few other makers out there, so I'd encourage you to look around the forum and see what others have to say.
When I receive mine, if no one's given you a good answer yet, I'll hit you up. Regardless, we're glad you're here and looking forward to seeing you start building.

• Like 1

I received info from Jim at Jimmiroquai a couple of weeks ago.  His kits are flexible fibreglass and this is what he says about sizing.

”Without mods, this armor will fit someone 5'6" to around 6'1". Waistline 32" - 45" (guestimate). Thighs 
are 27" circumference at the widest part. Biceps are 17". If you are familiar with working with fiberglass, or 
know someone who is, you can modify the armor to fit outside the range. FOTK armor is actually more of 
a “one size fits almost all” kind of design with gaps being covered by the gaskets”

hope this helps

• Like 1

I'm 6'1" and pretty solidly built. I'm active, so I have pretty substantial thighs and forearms, so that's always a point of worry for me. If I were wearing anything more than the shorts (and UnderArmour leggings under them), the thighs would probably be a bit snug, but size-wise, I'm good. I've been slowly shedding my COVID stress-chub, and my current main concern is seeing how the corset fits (really, more than with the OT TK, the one-piece ab and kidney plate feels like a posture trainer. No slouching in this kit!) -- and it's not a huge concern, at that.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:39 PM, Doggydoc said:

I received info from Jim at Jimmiroquai a couple of weeks ago.  His kits are flexible fibreglass and this is what he says about sizing.

”Without mods, this armor will fit someone 5'6" to around 6'1". Waistline 32" - 45" (guestimate). Thighs 
are 27" circumference at the widest part. Biceps are 17". If you are familiar with working with fiberglass, or 
know someone who is, you can modify the armor to fit outside the range. FOTK armor is actually more of 
a “one size fits almost all” kind of design with gaps being covered by the gaskets”

hope this helps

Jim’s “guesstimates” are pretty conservative to say the least. This is a picture of me with my ROTK abdomen, showing the flexibility of his armor, as well as showing just how accommodating it is for people of all sizes.

aC20i2D.jpg

This should help

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2022 at 8:06 PM, BigJasoni said:

Welcome aboard Stephan! I think you'll find all the help you need here.
I just ordered a FOTK kit from Deuno Novo on the 7th and am looking forward to getting what appears to be an outstanding kit. However, I would be interested to hear what others who have already received their kit think about it's overall size. Just off the top of my head, I know that @TheRascalKing @daryldoak, @Peregrinus and a few others have received theirs and posted build threads. They may have some input on it's size. There's a few other makers out there, so I'd encourage you to look around the forum and see what others have to say.
When I receive mine, if no one's given you a good answer yet, I'll hit you up. Regardless, we're glad you're here and looking forward to seeing you start building.

For reference, I’m 5’9 155lbs.  The DN ab pretty much exactly fits around me.  I know it can be expanded in the back and hidden under the spine plate.