Novice ANH stunt build-paige

Paige

Day 2 of trimming forearms and biceps 

Having trouble with the biceps. 

*** Update!!! A little about me:

I have loved STAR WARS my whole life. I live in a small town near Houston, TEXAS. I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from The University of Mississippi. I switched careers and currently teach 6th grade SCIENCE!!! I love to work out, play golf, and spend as much time with my 4-year-old son and husband. :)

I am 29 years old. 

5'11''

176 lbs

F03F6944-AE33-4AD7-BA92-15B99DAA4246.jpeg

7DAA041C-8662-4645-B73B-ACFC73786B5D.jpeg

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paige said:

Having trouble with the biceps. 

F03F6944-AE33-4AD7-BA92-15B99DAA4246.jpeg

If you don't know which one is which, the one with a little indentation belongs to the left bicep!

Great to see you have started a build thread, it's the best way to get feedback while you are building.

Here's a thread you may find useful

• Like 1

Curved lexan scissors can really save your sanity. I believe this is the set I bought ages back. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hobbypark-Puncher-Scissors-Straight-Trimming/dp/B088X1M5VM/

Long straight sections can be scored with a razor blade and snapped off, but curved fiddly bits like the biceps really benefit from those little curved shears. They make quick work of things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great to see you have started a build thread, it's the best way to get feedback while you are building.

Here's a thread you may find useful

I appreciate this. I left zero return edge on the forearms then have read about leaving some on the rest of the amor 

100% easier to take off than put back on

When in doubt you can always refer to the gallery sections too ;) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/

• Like 1

@Paige Basically the suit that Glen linked https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/ is a suit owned by one of the owners of RS Prop Masters (they are a vetted seller) - and the biceps on the suit basically has no return edge at all on the left arm (except a tiny little dink), and on the right arm there is a little return edge on the front part of the bicep (the part that has the U shape). The bottoms of the biceps has no return edge.

Left

9pX9KNO.png

Right

37I4apq.png

So I guess you could leave just a little bit on the areas where you are unsure as @gmrhodes13 and @Doggydoc said, and just ask again later! :salute:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paige said:

I appreciate this. I left zero return edge on the forearms then have read about leaving some on the rest of the amor 

If you have had the chance to look at my "Return edges" thread you will know that I am not a fan of them on most pieces.  One of the main reasons is "armor bite", where certain pieces can dig into you or cause chafing during a troop.  This is especially important in areas like the cod are (inside tops of the thighs), bicep insides etc).

The problem is that if you leave the return edges and the pieces are glued, if you remove them later the openings will be too large and the piece(s) may not fit correctly.

You are doing the PERFECT thing by asking questions.  Ask lots of them, and keep those photos rolling in!

• Like 2

Day 3-4

Still trimming and gluing parts. 
Starting the legs tonight. 
E6000 smells as bad as everyone says. The cancer warning is refreshing. Hopefully wearing my balaclava keeps the carcinogens out……

I GOT MY E-11 BLASTER TODAY!!! 

CA0F96E5-F993-4C7F-9459-1210710D1013.jpeg

8958CD2A-9513-43D0-B3A9-984F4C1DFC3B.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, revlimiter said:

And you really get used to E6000 fumes. They sorta become comforting.

Are you OK Adam? :lol: I'm here for you if you need to talk! :laugh1:

8 hours ago, Paige said:

CA0F96E5-F993-4C7F-9459-1210710D1013.jpeg

@Paige Wow, you're flying through the build! (as you said you would :peace:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, revlimiter said:

And you really get used to E6000 fumes. They sorta become comforting.

For me it's the smell of cutting or sanding ABS. I love the smell of trimming ABS in the mornings...

4 hours ago, Paige said:

I am trying!!! Working late into the night.

Most of my build has occurred between the hours of 10:00pm-2:00am, or 4:00am-7:00am. Although recently I had a couple stay-up-until 4:00am nights, and one all-nighter too. On that infamous night I almost cut off a knuckle with a slipped xacto knife.  Great job wearing those gloves! Looking forward to seeing your progress and completion on your MTK kit. Also what E-11 blaster did you end up getting?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nairy said:

Are you OK Adam? :lol: I'm here for you if you need to talk! :laugh1:

I nearly spit out my tea. lol :laugh1:

But really... when I walk into the garage and it smells of curing E6000, it reminds me of the time that @Scimitar  and I built my armor in a week long sprint. Happy memories.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paige said:

Any advice on how to make the thermal detonator silver clips?? can I get them from a hardware store?? 

Flat aluminium strip

References here 

A how to here

4 hours ago, Paige said:

Any advice on how to make the thermal detonator silver clips?? can I get them from a hardware store?? 

Tutorial Video 

OR 

If you want to buy accurate ones 

• Like 1