Propstore Auction - Another TK Up For Sale

gmrhodes13

Propstore Auction - Another TK Up For Sale

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/318/lot/95253?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F318%3Fpage%3D2%26view%3Dgrid%26catm%3Dany%26order%3Dorder_num%26xclosed%3Dno%26featured%3Dno%26key%3Dstar%2Bwars

Regular TK, shins overlap inside over outside too. Nice price for a Hasbro blaster as well

tkb.thumb.jpg.9d6a7601e95ce862e192676013a9ef58.jpg

• OUR EXPERT’S NOTES

This lot will be auctioned on Thursday, November 3rd. The auction will begin at 3:00PM GMT and lots are sold sequentially via live auctioneer; tune in to the live streaming broadcast on auction day to follow the pace. Note other lots in the auction may close on Friday, November 4th; Saturday, November 5th; or Sunday, November 6th.

A stormtrooper costume from Jon Favreau's Star Wars television series The Mandalorian. Stormtroopers appeared throughout the series in costumes created by the 501st Legion, a fan group dedicated to creating screen-accurate Stormtrooper suits. This particular suit was worn in the Season 1 episodes "The Reckoning" and "Redemption."

Consisting of white, vacuum-formed plastic components, this costume includes a hand-painted helmet with a green-tinted visor; a chest and abdominal plate featuring decorative grey and blue buttons; three segmented back plates connected by black straps; a pair of plated pauldrons with connected elastic straps labelled for "R" and "L"; forearm, leg, hand, and thigh armour; leg armour plates; a belt with dropboxes and a black holster; a removable thermal detonator; and a pair of white leather Chelsea boots.

The underlayer of the costume consists of a black ribbed neck polyester dickey; black long-sleeved polyester Under Armour shirt; black polyester/nylon belt with a plastic buckle; black polyester trousers; and black polyester gloves with silicone grip texture. This costume exhibits scuffing, minor marks on several armour components, and discolouration on the boots.

Estimate: £10,000 - 15,000 Ω

tkbc.thumb.jpg.858ba7a2774098151865151cd85de47d.jpg

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/318/lot/95254?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F318%3Fpage%3D2%26view%3Dgrid%26catm%3Dany%26order%3Dorder_num%26xclosed%3Dno%26featured%3Dno%26key%3Dstar%2Bwars

• Like 2

This will be the 4th set of armour auctioned off as 501st members cash in on their screen time in the TV series. At least the fourth I am aware of, could be another.

If Disney don't care then why should legion right.

It's not a good look in my books, but each to their own.

Generally if you can be bothered doing some sleuthing, it's not too hard to figure out who it is putting it up for auction.

That's how we worked out who sold the first couple lol.

Wonder how much this one will garner, I do find it interesting to see what the perceived value is to a collector on any given day/auction.

• Like 1

If someone is going to pay that much money it could at least look up to our higher standards, so that "false information" doesn't spread :laugh1:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nairy said:

If someone is going to pay that much money it could at least look up to our higher standards, so that "false information" doesn't spread :laugh1:

I doubt the purchasers of the last few suits would even know that the armor was not the actual Mandalorian version intended to be front and center in the show and that they were actually purchasing a ANH version from a 501st legion member who appeared on the show.

Would I be upset if I found out this was an extra/fill in costume? DAMN RIGHT but I'm not the purchaser, who knows if the purchases did find out how they would react. It's really not false advertising as the suit was used on the show.

The actual issues with the costume though I'm surprised it met LFL standards to be used on the show but who knows who is checking that prior to attendance.

I don't have any issues with the seller either, listen if I could get 10 grand or more for one of my costumes I'd sell it too, I could really use the money, I would however be thinking would someone be trying to contact me later when they find out what they had bought.

Who knows, that's just me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

SOLD for £46,875 for the suit + £13,750 for the blaster = £60,625 or ~$69,994.90 USD 

wNordlk.jpeg9gQOtN1.jpeg

New record...

:explodingemotie:

• Like 1

Yes I had a "what tha" moment when I saw the end price.

"What's it worth" well pretty much what ever someone is prepared to pay, you just need to find the right buyer, amazing it sold for so much more than the other kits.

It's good to at least see the wording mentioned that it was a 501st members and not one of the specific production armor sets.

It would be interesting to hear Disney's take on this, legion members aren't able to make any profit on merchandise after all. 

• Like 2

What makes me furious more than anything is so many people that signed up were turned down. Some just wanted the opportunity to be apart of something great.

The 501st is a NON PROFIT organization. The members of this organization that were given this opportunity should be grateful, in addition they're paid $500 a day. 

As much as this bothers me I also realize a lot of people are struggling financially these days. Maybe, just maybe, it was for a good reason. 

• Like 4

Seventy thousand dollars for armor that isn't even close to Centurion level and a modified Hasbro blaster seen for a few minutes on a TV show.  Good God.  Someone went into this knowing exactly what they were going to do afterward.

"How to become a Stormtrooper for Fun and Profit"

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, TheRascalKing said:

SOLD for £46,875 for the suit + £13,750 for the blaster = £60,625 or ~$69,994.90 USD 

wNordlk.jpeg9gQOtN1.jpeg

New record...

:explodingemotie:

I wonder what the price would've been if one those death troopers in mando, sold their gear.  30,000? 70,000? 100,000?

And here we go with a helmet this time.

Check the second image below for my favorite bit lol (Highlighter Yellow)

F2JyTyg.png

FwdcdpU.png

• Like 1

7skPhvn.png

..."likely" LOL.

By the way, I have a few buckets for sale:

Version 1-  Almost used in a local cable access show-  $3,500.

Version 2-  Seen on the jumbo screen during the Disney Christmas parade in 2016-  $8,400.

Version 3-  Glimpsed by Anthony Daniels at Disney (May the 4th, 2017)-  $11,600.

Version 4-  And the big one.. photographed with "Weird Al" Yancovic-   $28,900.

Serious offers only, please.

:laugh1::laugh1:

• Like 5

hace 1 hora, justjoseph63 dijo:

7skPhvn.png

..."likely" LOL.

By the way, I have a few buckets for sale:

Version 1-  Almost used in a local cable access show-  $3,500.

Version 2-  Seen on the jumbo screen during the Disney Christmas parade in 2016-  $8,400.

Version 3-  Glimpsed by Anthony Daniels at Disney (May the 4th, 2017)-  $11,600.

Version 4-  And the big one.. photographed with "Weird Al" Yancovic-   $28,900.

Serious offers only, please.

:laugh1::laugh1:

@justjoseph63Do you ship to Spain?:D

I have a helmet "likely" signed by Lucas...$300,000 I think would be a fair price...:laugh1:

• Like 2