Swag - 501st, FISD, etc.

BAZINGA

I realize a lot, if not all, I see out there for swag is strictly for 501st members I just have some questions about what is all out there and when the time comes it is something that is readily available or is it stuff that is only ordered in cycles, etc.  

I've seen videos of coins being passed around.  That sort of stuff interests me.  There seems to be many types.  What is the story on those?

I've also heard of trading cards, but I've never actually seen any in person.  Are those a thing?

Are there items that can be purchased to give away to kids or some such?  I like, when at work, kids come in their their parents and we can find something to give them.  It always gets a smile and I'd love to do that when I get to a trooping stage.

What are you all doing, if anything, to hand out or have for your personal collection?  I was talking to someone today and brought up the 501st and found that I was more excited than I was letting myself think I was as I explained all of it to them.  They thought the organization sounded awesome and I said, Yeah, it's why I want to be part of it.  Sort of picked up my day that had been crappy for most of it.

Bart

Disney recently applied restrictions of the amount of merchandise that can be produced so there aren't as many runs of different merchandise as there used to be.

There are also restrictions on what can be produced, all merchandise is overseen by legion command and any run over 250 pieces also needs Disney approval.

Most of the standard merchadise is patches, challenge  coins, racing shirts, pins, tshirts and caps but there can be others and these can take place in runs. There can be no profit made on any merchandise run.

Runs are normally held by the merchandise officer or a volunteer member. Some runs don't happen very often, racing shirts are one of those and normally are ever couple of years.

The 501st, detachments and some garrisons do trading cards, have a search on Google images you will see quite a few. Yes you can hand these out to the public, also can be traded with other members. 

Locally we purchased 501st - Garrison rubber wrist bands which we hand out to younglings at events, with parents knowledge and approval. We ave also given out colouring pages.

There are however restrictions on some events as to what can be handed out, we used to hand out stickers but we can no longer do so at our local convention.

Hope that's answered a few of your questions.

Info on challenge coins 

BjBfHPW.jpg.8dd60f6a6c32db5b92de9772c9b703c6.jpg

Many (if not most) of the items we offer can only be seen once you get your Basic 501st approval (official TK #) and request Legion access here on the FISD.  Runs of various merch vary throughout the year, but as Glen said we are limited to the number of items we can offer.

Trading cards are indeed a thing and we can help with that when the time comes.  These are nice to have to hand out to kids and such during troops.

This is the current standard template                                                                                                               

8N52IQG.jpg  VAFnSAe.jpg 

Or you can design your own

k2GpoJp.jpg    tuxBmMX.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bartman said:

Thanks.  Yes, I am always into keepsakes such as pins, t-shirts, coin and the trading cards so should I be lucky enough to get accepted in a few months I'd be all over this.

Bart

Here's a fun item with the Holidays coming up. 

Found it at my local Hobby Lobby craft store. :jc_doublethumbup:

eY6bXyI.jpg

• Like 1

Joseph, Our local Squad (Star Garrison, STX) just had a photo shoot with a photographer, for trading cards, and we just got our photos back.  So now I wanted to see what the process is for ordering the trading cards through FISD?  These will be my first and I'm super Excited about it!  Star Garrison is in the middle of redesigning our Garrison trading card.  So FISD will be my first.

This is the current series 9 run of trading cards, nice to look at and see what's out there.

4 hours ago, Lost TK said:

Joseph, Our local Squad (Star Garrison, STX) just had a photo shoot with a photographer, for trading cards, and we just got our photos back.  So now I wanted to see what the process is for ordering the trading cards through FISD?  These will be my first and I'm super Excited about it!  Star Garrison is in the middle of redesigning our Garrison trading card.  So FISD will be my first.

You can apply for your own card here: 

Both are in the Garrison Merchandise Forum which if I remember need you to be a 501st member to get access to.

• Like 1

I submitted my certification link a few weeks back but haven't seen any updates on it.  Not sure if I sent it to the right person.  I am TK-52873, with the Star Garrison, STX Squad, in the 501st database.  Can you assist me with getting set up with FISD?

Here is the link to my profile.

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=33144&costumeID=124

29 minutes ago, Lost TK said:

I submitted my certification link a few weeks back but haven't seen any updates on it.  Not sure if I sent it to the right person.  I am TK-52873, with the Star Garrison, STX Squad, in the 501st database.  Can you assist me with getting set up with FISD?

Here is the link to my profile.

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=33144&costumeID=124

Not sure what happened as you did do the right thing, but I've updated it now.