TK Helmet Mods

BATS2150

Ok, well took some time from my thigh polishing to install the helmet audio/mic/fan system. Took a little time, moving connector boxes to a good position so my head will fit and seem to got the right set up. Oh, if drilling a hole for the audio pickups, move your finger out of the way or the drill bit will bite you nasty. 

aunr5kg.jpg

PfYPbc3.jpg

NHrQGof.jpg

YeYjJtg.jpg

Really nice job on this, Michael!   Are you going for Stunt or Hero?  The reason I ask is that this will determine what color the inside if the Hovi tips should be.  For Stunt, the interior should be white and is a requirement for Level 2, and the Hero interiors should be black (as it is now) for Level 3.  The screens can also be black for Hero.

Painting the rims white is a requirement for Level 2 for both costumes.  This should take you all of 2 minutes!

Stunt                                                                                        Hero

NMwRKtM.jpg    Fo8vIXj.jpg   tiXIyHj.jpg

Keep those photos rolling in!

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Really nice job on this, Michael!   Are you going for Stunt or Hero?  The reason I ask is that this will determine what color the inside if the Hovi tips should be.  For Stunt, the interior should be white and is a requirement for Level 2, and the Hero interiors should be black (as it is now) for Level 3.  The screens can also be black for Hero.

Painting the rims white is a requirement for Level 2 for both costumes.  This should take you all of 2 minutes!

Stunt                                                                                        Hero

I'm presently working on rebuilding a SDS kit and installed a full Ukswrath communication system that included new Hovi speakers.

My eventual goal is to obtain full TK HERO Centurion level approval.

Will these past muster or do I need to paint the white rings & silver mesh black?

nAdOJ6J.jpg

The Hovy tips seem to be white inside and they are speakers for the comm/mic set up but looks like a stunt-build helmet from AP. Oh and I got Xmas early cause my E11 came in today from Brett at Quest in Canada. 

LXyczQp.jpg

lMhCgpm.jpg

6qG3T2P.jpg

Edited by BATS2150
add picture

15 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

We should really update the CRL on this as it's come up quite a few times.

• Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

Mesh may be black.

The inside is not white it's black with only the nipple white.

Rim of the mic may be painted white or left black.

6bcac3ec37a2b26d564e36fec0d8814e.jpg