Requesting pre approval for Authentic Props ANH Stunt TK

Doggydoc

Hello, I would really appreciate some input on my costume before submitting to the 501st for approval.

Name:  Gerald Gyorffy

Canadian Garrison

Armour maker: Authentic Props

Height 5’10”

Weight 220 pounds

h3Zw6wx.jpg

A75MeXh.jpg
AFz7YmE.jpg

MlGmMdd.jpg

sMi5aVJ.jpg
VYKBIa5.jpg

jhKwocg.jpg
RhT8eTa.jpg

Gy3ywSR.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, nothing major sticking out, just looks like some tweaks may be needed.

You have a big gap between your back and backplate, I would tighten the strapping in between the chest and backplate. Also normally on the front the shoulder straps should be 1 large tab and 4 to 5 smaller tabs, yours looks like 1 large tab and 1 and 1/2 small tabs, AP may only allow a certain amount of ridges though due to the angles on the chest much like ATA, I only have 2 and 1/2 small tabs.

top.jpg.6c1e3a84146d75ef7fda2bd300a38082.jpg Sq6eUcM.jpg?1 

gallery_12157_16_28275.jpg

Thighs could come up a little, would give you a little more room at the knees, also adding some foam behind the sniper plate can help pull it away from the bottom of your thigh. Slightly different gaps at the wrists. You can see some of your undersuit bulging next to your shoulder bells, you can make adjustments when taking photos (especially on the back image for L2 L3 photos ;) as the gaps are quite large on the rear photo )

h3Zw6wx.jpg

Normally when I add some support material to the shoulder straps I only add it where the strap doesn't sit on the armor, this is because if you do it all the way it does increase the height of the shoulder straps, as you can see in the below image, may not be an issue just take note. Also not the separation between your strap and support piece at the front ;) 

straps.jpg.139542295d83118c8f493bcc70c1f989.jpg

It may also just be the lighting but your tube stripes looks very very dark, you may need to adjust your lighting when taking photos of them.

You can also remove the large tab from the back shoulder strips as well if you like although not a requirement. (make sure you have made all your adjustments first)

NOTE As seen in the photos below, there are no large tabs on the rear of the shoulder bridges.  This is not specifically mentioned in the CRL, but removing them is highly recommended if possible.

qb4YVKO.jpg?1   B3vL4VO.jpg?1

Note how low your neck sits on this back photo compared to references, this may because of the loose strapping.

MlGmMdd.jpg 

Right rear calf not completely closed.

lower.jpg.614c8997bbb91b93f5d72597bc320dce.jpg

I'd normally suggest your TD to sit a little further down BUT both AP and ATA have smaller pipes than other makes which make them look thin and long and they sit a little higher.

Last one, try to use a contrasting background, makes it easier for your GML/GWL to edit your photos for membership profile, thread on the subject here

I really don't think you will have much trouble with your GML, good luck hope to see you approved soon

Thank you Glen.

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You have a big gap between your back and backplate, I would tighten the strapping in between the chest and backplate.

I have tried shortening the elastics but then it pulls the back piece higher and my butt cheeks stick out of the butt plate, not to mention the wedgie from the crotch strap.  Is there a way to fix this?

2 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Thank you Glen.

I have tried shortening the elastics but then it pulls the back piece higher and my butt cheeks stick out of the butt plate, not to mention the wedgie from the crotch strap.  Is there a way to fix this?

Perhaps loosen the elastic from backplate to kidney then see if the backplate can come up and in more, a small gap there shouldn't be an issue. 

• Like 2