Got my first real cosplay and just registered here!

ellington73

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If its for pre approval I would post your photos into that area https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

If it's photos for updating your costume you could post here or perhaps in the ANH builds area

Ok cool. Actually I think I'm gonna have to take new pics with a correct background style for judging for my application, after what I was reading here on the forums. I am still updating currently as I need to map out and install my Hearing Assist mics and speakers. I've just been slack lately and haven't finished. Was making forms out of styrofoam to place in the bottom curved rim of my bucket. That way I have a larger, flat surface for my ICOMM, Amplifier, Battery Pack, and my two sided Velcro to stick to better. Fingers crossed.

Edited by ellington73

5 minutes ago, ellington73 said:

Ok cool. Actually I think I'm gonna have to take new pics with a correct background style for judging for my application, after what I was reading here on the forums. I am still updating currently as I need to map out and install my Hearing Assist mics and speakers. I've just been slack lately and haven't finished. Was making forms out of styrofoam to place in the bottom curved rim of my bucket. That way I have a larger, flat surface for my two sided Velcro to stick to. Fingers crossed.

For your pre approval it's not really a problem not having the right background, it's more to see if you are kitted up correctly or need any adjustments before you apply to your GML. It's more for your GML/GWL having a contrasting background makes their job easier, also for L2 and L3 applications ;) 

12 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

For your pre approval it's not really a problem not having the right background, it's more to see if you are kitted up correctly or need any adjustments before you apply to your GML. It's more for your GML/GWL having a contrasting background makes their job easier, also for L2 and L3 applications ;) 

Thank you GMRhodes13 for the clarification.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellington73 said:

Starkiller, I haven't actually submitted my application for costume approval yet. I wasn't sure if I should post my photos on this thread, or post in the thread for pre-approval with the photos I have, or take better photos before I submit my application for costume approval?

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion on my part!

On 9/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

If its for pre approval I would post your photos into that area https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

If it's photos for updating your costume you could post here or perhaps in the ANH builds area

I'm gonna make a post in the pre-approval thread, but i'll throw up a couple on here if anybody is interested in my cosplay.

aimingblaster (1).jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellington73 said:

I'm gonna make a post in the pre-approval thread, but i'll throw up a couple on here if anybody is interested in my cosplay.

Before posting up your pre-approval thread may I suggest having a look through the TKC CRL (costume reference library) just to make sure you meet all the requirements as there had been some changes over the last few years ;) 

37 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Epic! :trooper:

Thank you! I was extremely stoked when I got it, and then when I put it all on, it was like a perfect match. Might need some adjustments to my thigh armor, cause I can tell limitations in movement and slight pinching. I've only worn it a couple times around the house, so it might also be a case of me getting used to maneuvering and walking in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellington73 said:

Thank you! I was extremely stoked when I got it, and then when I put it all on, it was like a perfect match. Might need some adjustments to my thigh armor, cause I can tell limitations in movement and slight pinching. I've only worn it a couple times around the house, so it might also be a case of me getting used to maneuvering and walking in it.

It's definitely a project that never seems to end--in a good way. Getting that comfortable fit comes down to wearing it over and over and making adjustments when you find something that needs adjusting. Also, I absolutely had to wear my armor a few times before I had the walk figured out :)