Got my first real cosplay and just registered here!

ellington73

Hello everyone! My name is Brad and I recently purchased a complete, finished, armor kit from a 501st member. I purchased the other things I needed; balaclava, undersuit, gloves, holster, and all my electronics to install in my bucket. Only thing I have to left to install in the helmet is my UKsWrath Hearing Assist kit. Everything else; ICOMM, UKsWrath Speaker Hovi tips, amplifier, microphone, and dual fan system, I installed. Still have some final things to do to secure everything in place. I'm interested in joining the 501st. I just think it would be a great group to be a part of, and I truly think that the fundraiser part, love, and support the 501st brings to people through their events would really warm my soul. After all the negatives I had to deal with in my life; unexpected death of my wife, tending to her 76 year old mother, and just general life stresses, I feel this would be really be good for my soul and overall spirit. Thanks to all who read and listened. I'm very new to all of this, but am glad to have found White Armor, and hopefully I can become a Legion member and join the Carolina Garrison. Much love and MYFBWY all!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ellington73 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Brad and I recently purchased a complete, finished, armor kit from a 501st member. I purchased the other things I needed; balaclava, undersuit, gloves, holster, and all my electronics to install in my bucket. Only thing I have to left to install in the helmet is my UKsWrath Hearing Assist kit. Everything else; ICOMM, UKsWrath Speaker Hovi tips, amplifier, microphone, and dual fan system, I installed. Still have some final things to do to secure everything in place. I'm interested in joining the 501st. I just think it would be a great group to be a part of, and I truly think that the fundraiser part, love, and support the 501st brings to people through their events would really warm my soul. After all the negatives I had to deal with in my life; unexpected death of my wife, tending to her 76 year old mother, and just general life stresses, I feel this would be really be good for my soul and overall spirit. Thanks to all who read and listened. I'm very new to all of this, but am glad to have found White Armor, and hopefully I can become a Legion member and join the Carolina Garrison. Much love and MYFBWY all!

Ā 

I'm sorry for your lossĀ  and hope joining us give you some reward when you see the little ones ( and not so little too), smiling when they see you in your armor.Ā 

Ā 

Welcome to FISD and take a look to the Getting started section and let us know how we can help you.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Good luck and looking forward for your TK ID soon.Ā 

Ā 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Ā 

:salute:

Ā 

Ā 

Brad, I think you are going to fit in here.Ā  Many of us have gone through something that has made us more aware of those who are having a difficult time and may need help.Ā  That drives many of us toĀ  strive to give back to others and bring smiles to their faces.Ā  Good luck on your final installs and upcoming approval!Ā  Can't wait ot see you out there trooper!

Welcome aboard Brad, and sorry to read of your loss.

You are in the right place for assistance as we have a pre-approval section so you can kit up and add photos so we can make sure you are looking just right for your approval with your local unit.

Once you have made 5 posts a more of the forums should be accessible for you like creating sales threads etc.

You are in for some fun with this hobby, that is for certain, so enjoy the ride.

Ā 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/191-tk-pre-approvals/

I appreciate the words of kindness and the welcomes! Yeah it happened Dec 6th 2021, and it's just so weird for somebody to be there everyday, then the next they're not, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. I'm 48, have always loved Star Wars since the Original trilogy and my very first 3.75" figure, C-3PO. Almost 7 years ago, Black Series 6" figures brought me back into collecting v Star Wars toys, which opened up me to buying original vintage playsets, and newer release figures and vehicles, cause the articulation was way better, and the better paint apps, and I have a few Hot Toys also, haha. Ever since I was a kid, I swore to myself the one day, I would have a set of Stormtrooper armor displayed on a mannequin, standing at attention, in my house one day. Purchased the armor in April, maybe May, and had to return the mannequin because it was too tall to get so the armor on it. I literally have 1 room full of toys, and almost 2/3rds of another room for the rest. It's predominately Star Wars, but I also collect Marvel Legends (mostly Spider-Man characters), McFarlane DC Multiverse (mostly Batman), GI Joe Classified, and other random toys from the 70's/80's that I had as a kid.

• Like 4

It's great to have you here, Brad!

Ā 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Ā 

Seeing the smiling faces as you're suited up is incredibly heartwarming and rewarding--I can't wait for you to experience it!Ā :trooper:

Brad, seriously my condolences man. Thatā€™s quite a lot to be dealing with youā€™ll be in my prayers. I wasnā€™t much for therapy and counseling until this year dealing with my own past experiences and trauma so that said I encourage you to talk to someone and find community in person if you donā€™t have good support around you.Ā 
Ā 

Welcome as well! Donā€™t be disappointed by this hive of scum and villainy haha. Very helpful lot here though from what Iā€™ve experienced.Ā 

Welcome aboard Brad from another newbie going through my initial kit review with a new SDS (Shepperton Design Studios) TK Hero kit.
Iā€™m coming into this adventure as a 66 year old retiree going through yet another midlife crisis :-)

My initial interaction with the local Bloodfin Garrison group has been fantastic!

I did my first official trooping event at a Rogue One viewing at a local IMAX theater and managed to break a lot of trooping rules :-)

I wish you all the best as life moves on for you. Greg

I can not imagine your loss.Ā  MyĀ condolences to you.Ā  I have found people on this forum to be very accepting of everyone whatever bumps and bruises they may have been going through or still are.Ā  I hope this adventure works well for you.Ā  Bart

Welcome to the forums, Brad.. glad to have you aboard.Ā  Sincerely sorry to hear about your loss... I have been in your scenario and it really takes the wind out you to say the least.

Ā 

Just know that we are here to help you make your dream of becoming a shiny white spaceman come true, so in addition to collecting action figures, you can now become one!Ā  The first time you don your armor and step out on your first troop will be a memory you will never forget.Ā  I have trooped with many members of the Carolina Garrison, so you are in great company there.Ā  SO many new friends to make!

Ā 

You are more than welcome (and encouraged) to ask all the questions you want to.Ā Ā 

Again, thank you everybody for your replies and well wishes! I didn't expect to see this many more comments. It has made me smile and feel better upon seeing them, and I appreciate you all for your comments. I'm almost done running my helmet electronics. I have to make some adjustments to install the Hearing Assist mics and speakers, but the fans, my ICOMM, Hovi-tip speakers, and amplifier are all working perfectly fine! I was gonna post photos but the file sizes are way bigger than the 512kb allowed.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ellington73 said:

Again, thank you everybody for your replies and well wishes! I didn't expect to see this many more comments. It has made me smile and feel better upon seeing them, and I appreciate you all for your comments. I'm almost done running my helmet electronics. I have to make some adjustments to install the Hearing Assist mics and speakers, but the fans, my ICOMM, Hovi-tip speakers, and amplifier are all working perfectly fine! I was gonna post photos but the file sizes are way bigger than the 512kb allowed.

Ā 

Woo! Helmet electronics almost done! Also, here's some tips on posting photos without needing to pay attention to file size--I found these helpful when I first arrived.Ā :)

Ā 

On 9/20/2022 at 2:10 AM, Starkiller said:

Ā 

Woo! Helmet electronics almost done! Also, here's some tips on posting photos without needing to pay attention to file size--I found these helpful when I first arrived.Ā :)

Ā 

I was just thinking about making a post asking about how to reduce the file size of photos on an Android phone, so this is perfect hahaha! I'm used to doing that in Photoshop, so I'll check this out. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I would say you're good to post pics in here for now since you're still waiting on 501st approval/access!

Starkiller, I haven't actually submitted my application for costume approval yet. I wasn't sure if I should post my photos on this thread, or post in the thread for pre-approval with the photos I have, or take better photos before I submit my application for costume approval?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellington73 said:

Starkiller, I haven't actually submitted my application for costume approval yet. I wasn't sure if I should post my photos on this thread, or post in the thread for pre-approval with the photos I have, or take better photos before I submit my application for costume approval?

If its for pre approval I would post your photos into that areaĀ https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

Ā 

If it's photos for updating your costume you could post here or perhaps in the ANH builds area

• Like 1