undersuit pockets

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I think anyone that get's into costuming suffers with at least a little OCD, if not a MASSIVE amount :laugh1:.

BMb71QL.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I felt embarassed and stupid for letting the OCD get out so it feels a bit better knowing I'm in good company with that.  I took some time to breath and let it settle down so I could see the bigger picture again.  Bart

• Like 1

I love being OCD in many areas of life! So here’s my choice for an under suit. 

As a former pro level GP motorcycle racer, I always wore and still do to this day, wear a one-piece liner suit under my race or street leathers.

Check this out:

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/psycleskins-undersuit-base-layer/

This one is a nice snug fit, no visible logo graphics and cheap at US$59.95 on sale presently.

DtWK3PT.jpg?s=sms
I have to agree with an earlier post that I think I really don’t need to carry a wallet or keys when trooping. The one official trooping I’ve done so far, there were several “handlers” with us who gladly carried my iPhone primarily to take photos for me.

Hey Bart, isn’t this an absolute blast!

Edited by Oldracer
Ha! Figured out how to insert photos :-)

4 hours ago, Oldracer said:

I love being OCD in many areas of life! So here’s my choice for an under suit. 

As a former pro level GP motorcycle racer, I always wore and still do to this day, wear a one-piece liner suit under my race or street leathers.

Check this out:

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/psycleskins-undersuit-base-layer/

This one is a nice snug fit, no visible logo graphics and cheap at US$59.95 on sale presently.

DtWK3PT.jpg?s=sms
I have to agree with an earlier post that I think I really don’t need to carry a wallet or keys when trooping. The one official trooping I’ve done so far, there were several “handlers” with us who gladly carried my iPhone primarily to take photos for me.

Hey Bart, isn’t this an absolute blast!

So bathroom breaks must be troublesome in that?

I don't anticipate much in the way of handlers where I'm going to be.  I'm still trying to figure out what I will do if there is anything locally.  I am not aware of anyone who would be remotely interested in that job.  I guess I am a pocket kind of guy for the bare minimum.

"... blast" <--- I'm not sure yet.  Certainly many elements entertain my mind and figuring it all out is a bit of an OCD delight.  I don't think I will fully grasp it all until I'm in the armor wondering "now what?".  I do wish there would be more local opportunities.  When I see pictures of troops that have numbers I get jealous.  it would be a sweet deal to make this adventure more social for me.

Bart

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

So bathroom breaks must be troublesome in that?

I don't anticipate much in the way of handlers where I'm going to be.  I'm still trying to figure out what I will do if there is anything locally.  I am not aware of anyone who would be remotely interested in that job.  I guess I am a pocket kind of guy for the bare minimum.

"... blast" <--- I'm not sure yet.  Certainly many elements entertain my mind and figuring it all out is a bit of an OCD delight.  I don't think I will fully grasp it all until I'm in the armor wondering "now what?".  I do wish there would be more local opportunities.  When I see pictures of troops that have numbers I get jealous.  it would be a sweet deal to make this adventure more social for me.

Bart

Most motorcycle leathers under suits have 2-way zippers so once you’ve peeled down the top half of the leathers, you can take care of business with the bottom side of the zipper.

I’ve been amazed with how many 501st Legion Bloodfin Garrison members I’ve met in the past month since starting my review process. 

I hope you are able to get into an active local group as I think that’s going to be a big part of the overall experience.

I like using a two pieces, I don't really have any issues with toilet breaks, although most of the time you find you don't need one as you can sweat a lot. With the two piece you can manoeuvre your armor/cod to the size and gain access ;) 

I haven't needed a bathroom break while trooping yet, but also like 2 piece. To me, it's convenient to change out of the undershirt and put on a tee after a troop. I leave the leggings and put shorts on over.

I mean I just have no idea what to expect.  Can I go 2 hours in armor?  5?  6?  I'm thinking not just because standing around is hard on my back, but maybe if the fun is rolling on and I lose track it's a day.  Bart

26 minutes ago, Bartman said:

I mean I just have no idea what to expect.  Can I go 2 hours in armor?  5?  6?  I'm thinking not just because standing around is hard on my back, but maybe if the fun is rolling on and I lose track it's a day.  Bart

I have back, neck and knee issues and I can tell you having the armor on helps me keep upright, but yes the having fun does take your mind off any pain

• Like 1