undersuit pockets

I'm just looking for a logo free undersuit pants and wonder if pockets are better on the hip or on the leg or?

I'd like to have pockets, but realize they can't be visible so in which area are they covered properly?

Bonus points if you have an Amazon Canada link to ones you know are 501st approved.

Thanks.

Bart

Hey Bart,

It might be best to look for the cheapest ones you can find for your first undersuit, in case you find you have any pinch or rub points that need sanding, so you don't rub holes in and destroy a nice suit... but this is my current favorite, from Imperial Boots (who have a wave open now). Their 2-piece suit is very high quality material, logo free, and has pockets on the outside of the thighs that should be covered by your thigh armor. They work great, and will not stain your armor purple like some lower-quality suits. As always, nothing is "501st approved"... it either complies with our standards and is 'approvable', or not (and this would be). Hope that helps!

undersuit.jpg

https://www.imperialboots.com/product/stormtrooper-undersuit/

Thanks.  I looked at that one today.  It was about $190 Canadian until I get it here.  Hard to justify as it was more than the boots.

I have cheap ones right now (which I do not think will last) for the initial measurements I took and for fitting/adjusting purposes, but they have no pockets so eventually I'm going to want something better.  I just don't know if $190 will be the better.

Bart

Ladies yoga pants may be a more economical choice with side pockets, but finding them without logos/colored stitching is the tough part. This isn't a cheap hobby, but I feel ya.

5 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Ladies yoga pants may be a more economical choice with side pockets, but finding them without logos/colored stitching is the tough part. This isn't a cheap hobby, but I feel ya.

No not cheap and I expected to pay for a bunch of one-off stuff such as boots.  Undersuits though, that's a bit different.  They aren't hand sewn or that special or custom fit so I have to whine about $190 for those particular ones. (the horrific exchange rate doesn't help).  I'd prefer to spend the money on other needs to get a quality product such as the blaster I ordered which just is plane sick it looks so awesome!

Bart

20 minutes ago, Bartman said:

No not cheap and I expected to pay for a bunch of one-off stuff such as boots.  Undersuits though, that's a bit different.  They aren't hand sewn or that special or custom fit so I have to whine about $190 for those particular ones. (the horrific exchange rate doesn't help).  I'd prefer to spend the money on other needs to get a quality product such as the blaster I ordered which just is plane sick it looks so awesome!

Bart

Have you tried local sporting/running shops, many carry compression clothing. Locally I purchase mine from Kmart (a bit different Kmart to the US) and they are pretty cheap at $15aud each.

You may find you may not be able to fit much in your thighs so side pockets may not help, some hang a pouch off their neck for carrying keys phones and such.

32 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Have you tried local sporting/running shops, many carry compression clothing. Locally I purchase mine from Kmart (a bit different Kmart to the US) and they are pretty cheap at $15aud each.

You may find you may not be able to fit much in your thighs so side pockets may not help, some hang a pouch off their neck for carrying keys phones and such.

Yeah, I found the cheap ones I'm using for fitting purposes locally, but no pockets.  The better ones are slathered in logos.  I also don't live in a big city so options are extremely limited.  Ordering from within Canada is my preference just for shipping costs alone.  Bart

3 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Yeah, I found the cheap ones I'm using for fitting purposes locally, but no pockets.  The better ones are slathered in logos.  I also don't live in a big city so options are extremely limited.  Ordering from within Canada is my preference just for shipping costs alone.  Bart

Thought of getting a pocket sewn in?

Also depending on your thighs and armor you may or may not be able to get anything into a thigh pocket, some fit people pretty snugly.

I've also seen these types of pack used, sew on some elastic with velcro and you could add it separately over the leg or even velcro to the inside of the thigh.

multifunction-nylon-storage-pouch-waist-

Lots of different ones out there

81jGo4EqmgL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Pockets you say? I freakin love pockets.

1) Pants - In the US we have Dick's Sporting Goods. Is that in Canada? If not, get a US trooper to send you some pants. The DSG house brand has a cell phone pocket that hides perfectly under our thigh armor and the belt holster. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/dsg-mens-3-4-compression-tights-with-pockets-21qyfm34cmprssntgdsg/21qyfm34cmprssntgdsg

2) Chest - I have a travel wallet E6000'd onto my inner chest. I keep my actual wallet in there most troops. Easy to slip in before I put the torso on.

89400-cent-18.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BPN6GQ

It was this one. It shows sold out, but anything about this size works.

3) Drop boxes -

tk109.jpg

Extremely useful for keys on parking lot changes.

4) Thermal Detonator -

tdstorage08.jpg

I keep stickers and toys to give to kids in there. It's magnetic and elastic, so it closes back up by itself each time I reach back to open.

And there's more storage options if you really need to carry stuff around on a troop. I taped my holster shut at the bottom and filled it with lego minifigs for a hospital visit. It was perfect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

Pockets you say? I freakin love pockets.

1) Pants - In the US we have Dick's Sporting Goods. Is that in Canada? If not, get a US trooper to send you some pants. The DSG house brand has a cell phone pocket that hides perfectly under our thigh armor and the belt holster. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/dsg-mens-3-4-compression-tights-with-pockets-21qyfm34cmprssntgdsg/21qyfm34cmprssntgdsg

2) Chest - I have a travel wallet E6000'd onto my inner chest. I keep my actual wallet in there most troops. Easy to slip in before I put the torso on.

89400-cent-18.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BPN6GQ

It was this one. It shows sold out, but anything about this size works.

3) Drop boxes -

tk109.jpg

Extremely useful for keys on parking lot changes.

4) Thermal Detonator -

tdstorage08.jpg

I keep stickers and toys to give to kids in there. It's magnetic and elastic, so it closes back up by itself each time I reach back to open.

And there's more storage options if you really need to carry stuff around on a troop. I taped my holster shut at the bottom and filled it with lego minifigs for a hospital visit. It was perfect.

I'd say you take the prize for storage and you can come reorganize my closet space too!  That thing in the front of the armor may be the easiest.  I am trying to figure out how to have the voice changer system in there somewhere too.  Bart

1 minute ago, Bartman said:

I am trying to figure out how to have the voice changer system in there somewhere too.  Bart

Many add to behind the chest, I use velcro on the back to hold in place, mine is similar to this image, plenty of room there.

ac3edc3874ee1999e84dbd87e8d63b07.jpg

Some hang it around the neckImageUploadedByTapatalk1458179215.100261.jpg

I'm assuming if the sound system goes in the front then there is no room left for a pouch?  Really I just need to be able to carry the usual crap around with me.  Wallet, keys and phone.  I don't want to be a pack mule.  Pants pockets seemed the easiest solution.  Down the road once I am comfortable I might want to cut into the TD or open the drop boxes for stuff but not just yet.  Bart

1 minute ago, Bartman said:

I'm assuming if the sound system goes in the front then there is no room left for a pouch?  Really I just need to be able to carry the usual crap around with me.  Wallet, keys and phone.  I don't want to be a pack mule.  Pants pockets seemed the easiest solution.  Down the road once I am comfortable I might want to cut into the TD or open the drop boxes for stuff but not just yet.  Bart

Really depends on your size, I also have room behind my ab plate and have a large piece of foam holding it out so the belt doesn't pull the sides in too far. At the end of the day once you have everything in hand it's a case of making things fit for you and your comfort.

I did make removable end caps on my detonator but someone mentioned they have had one taken in the past so I decided to no longer use it for valuables. 

0lmNkhe.jpg

Many folks fit their helmet electronics in the bucket. There's honestly a ton of room around your ears and the back of the neck if you don't want to go for a hearing assist setup. But we're all differently shaped. A roomy bucket for one trooper will be tight on another. My own bucket is super-packed and very form fitting to my head after jamming every possible piece of tech into it.

Having your electronics in the chest makes it easy to move from one kit to another. Having it all carefully mounted in one helmet means it basically lives in that one permanently. However, the weight of electronics CAN cause the chest armor to crack in the neck area. Though that can happen anyway.

But I digress.

There's certainly room for electronics and a small wallet pouch in the chest with some planning. :jc_doublethumbup:

I haven't read this thread thoroughly but have you tried Ebay for various under suits.

I purchased an all black 2 piece for my OTTK and do remember seeing options with phone pockets. They were also very well priced.

• Like 1

This is my thinking:

When suited up and out in public I have no need for my wallet, and if I needed to use my phone that would require removing my bucket (which I don't do in view of the public) so I would need to go back to the changing area where my bin is stored.  I keep my wallet/phone inside the bin.

After 7 years of trooping I have discovered one thing.. as long as the bins are stored in a private changing area I have never felt the need to even lock mine save on a very few occasions when the area was not secure from the public, so on those occasions I just locked it and kept the key on a rubber band around my wrist (under my glove) for easy access.

We tend to be a very honest bunch and look out for other's things as if they were our own, and on many troops there is always someone (handlers/fellow 501st folks) in the changing area.

I may be a little naïve in my thinking/method, but I've never had an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

This is my thinking:

When suited up and out in public I have no need for my wallet, and if I needed to use my phone that would require removing my bucket (which I don't do in view of the public) so I would need to go back to the changing area where my bin is stored.  I keep my wallet/phone inside the bin.

After 7 years of trooping I have discovered one thing.. as long as the bins are stored in a private changing area I have never felt the need to even lock mine save on a very few occasions when the area was not secure from the public, so on those occasions I just locked it and kept the key on a rubber band around my wrist (under my glove) for easy access.

We tend to be a very honest bunch and look out for other's things as if they were our own, and on many troops there is always someone (handlers/fellow 501st folks) in the changing area.

I may be a little naïve in my thinking/method, but I've never had an issue.

Perhaps the best option of all.  Bart

• Like 1

We have a lot of parking lot changes in my garrison. I haven't yet trooped for a whole year, but yeah... lots of parking lot changes and a good deal of changing areas where the public could access our bins.  That's why I've gone overboard with storage and pockets. :( I'd love to just leave things in the bin and do when it's possible.

I left my keys with a handler one troop. And... had to search for her for a good 15 minutes once the troop ended. She'd gone to talk to friends and I couldn't leave or find her or change or anything. I made up my drop box key holder right after. 

I can live without the phone on me.  I hate them at the best of times anyway and don't need it going off in the middle of anything to ruin the illusion.  I am always concerned about leaving my wallet anywhere.  Same with the keys.  A secure area would be okay if it was really secure.  I'd probably still try to find something with a pocket that is hidden just for peace of mind.

That goes back to the original question though.  What is in Canada to order that has a pocket location that works?  Where are my other countrymen here?  I have one local store I thought of last night to try yet, but I'm pretty sure it is all logo stuff they have there.

Bart

As Andrew mention you could do a search on Ebay ;)

Ebay Canada link  C $18.97 free shipping

s-l1600.jpg

Ebay Canada link  C $22.49 shipping C $5.22

s-l500.jpg

Sorry, you've all been unintentionally subjected to my OCD which is not something I wanted to show.  Since I cannot properly articulate this I'll just thank you all for your suggestions and move on.

Bart

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Sorry, you've all been unintentionally subjected to my OCD which is not something I wanted to show.  Since I cannot properly articulate this I'll just thank you all for your suggestions and move on.

Bart

I think anyone that get's into costuming suffers with at least a little OCD, if not a MASSIVE amount :laugh1:.

There are never too many questions, only silly mistakes from not asking them ;) 

• Like 1