Newbie from the UK!

Dutts91

Hi everyone!

Greetings from Liverpool, UK :D I’ve recently been cleared in the UKG with my ANH Stunt TK and so am awaiting my 501st ID at the moment… I initially completed my 501st application around 8 months ago so hopefully it won’t be too long before it comes through…

The hope and the plan is to go for EIB, leading onto Centurion so I’m all ears for hints/tips/pointers from you all on how to achieve these levels.

It’s a dream to become a member of the 501st and I truly am excited to get inducted and trooping with you all at some stage!

Best wishes,

Mike

5738492F-211C-416A-80A2-3B2A359CA0AE.jpeg

Edited by Dutts91
  • Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper. Once you receive your TKID you can request higher forum access here: 

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Mike, and congratulations again on your clearance.

Regarding EIB and Centurion, you won’t have a huge amount of changes to make (in my opinion). Probably worth having a little look at some previous RS EIB and Centurion threads to see what changes have been requested and see if your’s might need similar.

Once you get your TKID, you’ll be ready to post your EIB thread and get things moving.

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your kind words, all! :D

Fingers crossed I won’t be waiting too long for it, although each day without it seems to drag! :lol: As soon as it arrives, I’ll get everything updated… I take it it comes through on email?

Excited to be here and to learn from you all :salute:

Best wishes,

Mike

• Like 1

Hey Mike, welcome and congrats on that beautiful set of armor!

Unless you've received feedback and have things to fix, there is NO WAY that the approval process should take more than a month, so I would definitely follow up with your local unit's GML to ensure everything was submitted and received properly. Let us know if you have any questions on the process and good luck!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 11:32 PM, Dutts91 said:

I initially completed my 501st application around 8 months ago so hopefully it won’t be too long before it comes through…

Hi Mike, 

How exactly did you apply? Have you been to the UK Garrison forum yet as you would need to follow some steps there.  If you've only applied on the 501st site then that is what the issue is.

IF you want a bit more of a step by step do feel free to message me but this is a good starting point if you've not:
https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?mode=register

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us.html

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and for being so welcoming! :D

1 hour ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

How exactly did you apply? Have you been to the UK Garrison forum yet as you would need to follow some steps there.  If you've only applied on the 501st site then that is what the issue is.

Hi Chris,

I initially applied on the 501st site last November. I’ve signed up to the UKG forms at the same time and have had my costume cleared in the last couple of weeks by the UKG.

I’ve just not had anything through with any 501st ID on it since being cleared so was wondering if there was an issue with the original 501st app in the system somewhere.

Hope this explains it a bit better!

Best wishes,

Mike

22 minutes ago, Dutts91 said:

I initially applied on the 501st site last November. I’ve signed up to the UKG forms at the same time and have had my costume cleared in the last couple of weeks by the UKG.

Was your costume already completed when you applied, and did you indicate as such on your Legion application?

18 minutes ago, Dutts91 said:

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and for being so welcoming! :D

Hi Chris,

I’ve just not had anything through with any 501st ID on it since being cleared so was wondering if there was an issue with the original 501st app in the system somewhere.

Hope this explains it a bit better!

Best wishes,

Mike

Maybe message the GML and check that all is okay. 2 weeks isn’t crazy but normally I’d expect less. Could be something I’ll you’ve not picked a legion Id. 

3 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Was your costume already completed when you applied, and did you indicate as such on your Legion application?

Bit of a strange one, as I had a costume at the time of applying but then have changed it since and gone through a new WIP with the new armour in the UKG Armoury (which is the one that’s been cleared). I genuinely can’t remember if I indicated or not on my initial application. I’ve sent an email to my GML to kindly ask if they can check for me.

Just now, Dutts91 said:

Bit of a strange one, as I had a costume at the time of applying but then have changed it since and gone through a new WIP with the new armour in the UKG Armoury (which is the one that’s been cleared). I genuinely can’t remember if I indicated or not on my initial application. I’ve sent an email to my GML to kindly ask if they can check for me.

That may be the issue then, yea... your GML should be able to sort it, and worst case have you reapply with the costume they approved. Good luck!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Maybe message the GML and check that all is okay. 2 weeks isn’t crazy but normally I’d expect less. Could be something I’ll you’ve not picked a legion Id. 

I did send an email in earlier to the GML to kindly check for me, just in case! I did pick a number of available IDs at the time of applying so may well be just taking a bit of time to come through (unless all have been taken in that time frame!) :lol:

1 minute ago, TheRascalKing said:

That may be the issue then, yea... your GML should be able to sort it, and worst case have you reapply with the costume they approved. Good luck!

Appreciate that, Justin, thanks so much for your help!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutts91 said:

I did send an email in earlier to the GML to kindly check for me, just in case! I did pick a number of available IDs at the time of applying so may well be just taking a bit of time to come through (unless all have been taken in that time frame!) :lol:

Normally the process from the legion side is pretty quick after the GML has finished their review. Hopefully you'll have your TKID soon :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally the process from the legion side is pretty quick after the GML has finished their review. Hopefully you'll have your TKID soon :D 

Hopefully! :D Don’t want to appear impatient at all, just keen to get inducted, trooping and onward to EIB/Centurion levels all being well!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dutts91 said:

Hopefully! :D Don’t want to appear impatient at all, just keen to get inducted, trooping and onward to EIB/Centurion levels all being well!

Nothing wrong with being eager, happens to us all, take this time to research EIB requirements and make sure you have all the photos needed :duim:

• Like 1

Appears congratulations are well in order, officially welcome to the ranks trooper TK21241 :salute:

• Like 1