TK- 34677 requesting ANH stunt Centurion status (Armor Masters)(515)

WillJ

Good afternoon,

Please find attached my submission for Centurion status, thanks.

Respectfully submitted,

Willj

1. Name - Will Jarvis
2. Garrison - Florida (Tampa Bay squad)
3. Armor Maker - Armor Masters (built by Dave Conklin, aka Darkside Dave)
4. Helmet Maker - Armor Masters (built by Dave Conklin, aka Darkside Dave)
5. Belt Maker - Imperial Issue
6. Neck Seal Maker - Anovos
7. Boot Maker - Imperial Boots
8. Flexible Handguards - JustJoseph63 
9. E-11 Blaster Maker - Unknown (purchased from Ken Heavenridge)
10. Height - 6'00"
11. Weight - 210 lbs.
12. TK Type - ANH Stunt
13. EIB - 1047

uHp6epW.jpg?1

DXA03vQ.jpg?3

pZoEiay.jpg?2

QHFqR06.jpg?1

4qlHUap.jpg?1

poWpCNs.jpg

52sYZUM.jpg

1H0apgl.jpg

s4SLYrn.jpg

S9GS3Lt.jpg

QltvipG.jpg

0H42S15.jpg

XJPVYaj.jpg

prLQGte.jpg

Ump9LHK.jpg

sxBERS5.jpg?1

HuOZQcu.jpg

8Vi8Rl6.jpg

f49mtkZ.jpg

ibFLd68.jpg

1tDoUeZ.jpg

MzCBvCQ.jpg

YDAMIPB.jpg?1

U3cbtdZ.jpg

Q961LJA.jpg

V4gXEbb.jpg?1

Am9GujO.jpg?1

3MdJiof.jpg

Ydp5Kpj.jpg?2

GhJS5pw.jpg

QxetxRz.jpg?4

cpWdczq.jpg

ENth0M2.jpg

4tDV8V2.jpg

1gI0msc.jpg
pAojZu7.jpg
P2ZXNKe.jpg?2
y4jc3dJ.jpg?1
R07CQzv.jpg
64E17LD.jpg
qRALTzR.jpg
3OnBELF.jpg
KRqdtzL.jpg?1
aUw32XS.jpg?1
EvITvog.jpg
OUVeoQM.jpg
u1kc60r.jpg

pMEE0DL.jpg

9E9UYoe.jpg

Edited by WillJ
Add Expert Infantry Request Thread URL, add second strapping photo.
  • Like 1

Great looking suit, Will! Just a few of my observations, though I’ll let the DOs speak to what they’ll be expecting to see. Forgive the formatting, but I’m writing this from my phone.

- Love the coverage of your armor; you have very little undershot showing! Belt height relative to the lowest ab button is excellent. Your ab and kidney has an great minimal connection. And no visible seam at the bottom on the raised ridge of your left thigh piece!!

- Looks like you may want to check your backplate and kidney alignment, as your back plate sometimes drops down in front of the kidney.

- Optimally, the end of your canvas belt should be hidden behind your thermal detonator.

- Some of your arm cover strips extend a little beyond the ends of the armor return edges. They may need to be trimmed down a bit.

- The Han snap may be positioned a little too far back and close to the kidney. I’m not sure what the thresholds might be.

- Either the strapping or v-tabs between your kidney and posterior piece are colored white, but shouldn’t be visible against your black undersuit. You could either replace with black, or paint them black.

- The DOs might request a photo of your torso interior strapping.

- I’ve seen on some AM builds that the flat angled portion at the end of the posterior (where you currently have your two snaps) is actually trimmed off. I’m not sure if this is always done.

- On your ab plates, particular the large one, to best match screen references, the edges of then cover piece should be trimmed to fall within the threshold of the molded potion on the ab piece, Esther than hang a bit past/over the edge.

- Love seeing inner cover strips on the arms!!!

- The decals that Dave provides have a black outline that is a tad wide. Not sure if this is impacting up for approval.

- Your shoulder bridges are a bit wide, and could do with a little trimming on the edges to bring them in closer to the ribbed pieces. You might be able to trim a bit more off the rear ends of them too.

- Great job forming a bend into your abs belt!!

- On your thermal detonator, your end caps look a bit wider than the recommended approximately 20mm. The control panel also initially looks a bit wide, since the ends of it extend past the screws in your clips, but if you narrow your caps a bit, and push your clips out wider to keep them flush with the caps, the screws might then align with the edges of the control panel.

- Great job on your helmet! Perhaps your right ear (as the wearer) could be angled a bit more to align the ear screws with the rear edges of the trap decal above.

Sorry I haven’t been able to provide any photos of when I described; I’m sure others will be around to provide you with more information and references! Once a great, fantastic work with your build! You got this!!

Edited by MaskedVengeance
  • Like 1

Hi Will, and welcome back, brother!  Great to see that you jumped on things and that we are seeing your submission for Centurion. :duim:

Please do add some interior strapping photos... I know that you have them in your EI thread, but rules-is-rules, lol.  Plus, I am VERY curious to see how you got the posterior plate from

this     SJf0p5M.jpg   to this    0uj07dg.jpg

It looks like you may have removed all (or most) of the return edges off of the bottom/sides.  If so.. BRILLIANT!  Or did you just raise it?

One other thing is the drop box on your left side.  In your EI photos it looks fine, but in your new ones it wants to wander inside a bit.  I think the issue lies with the Chicago screw that holds it onto the canvas belt.  Moving that screw out is a possibility, but for a quicker fix would suggest just removing the screw, scootching the strap over and gluing it straight to the canvas belt.  Easy peasy.  Please snap a pic or two when you are done and post it up ASAP! 

aozWOS8.jpg     9ulxGDy.jpg

Joseph,

Thank you. I have corrected the belt / drop box issue (strap was hung on the screw). I have also included a photo of the strapping and another of the interior of the groin rivet.  As far as the rear sag, it was a strapping issue (since corrected). I am having trouble adding the link for EIB approval. I click edit, add the link as # 14 and then click edit post at the bottom yet the link doesn't save. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

14 hours ago, WillJ said:

I am having trouble adding the link for EIB approval.  Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Done!

Hi Will. Thanks for your patience. It's almost done...;)

Just asking you a favor...In order to move along, I see that there is still a bit of overlap between the back and the kidney (when you have your arms down)...Surely, correcting the straps a little bit will solve it. When it is fixed, I would appreciate if you could post an updated picture of that part....

I also need you to update the photo that Joseph requested(the drop box on your left side)...

Thanks Will.

Looking great Will! AM is awesome armor and this is a beautiful set.

A very strong recommendation to put some fuzzy Velcro or the like over the Chicago screws in the back of your belt too - anywhere metal is going to contact your armor will scratch it badly in no time (holster and TD clips included).

I wonder though if the bottom tab where your male snaps are currently mounted on the posterior will need to be removed, as was requested by a previous DO in one of my mentee's submissions not that long ago? Might be worth mentioning to Dave as well if that's how he builds them... just a thought and an easy fix if so! I just like seeing consistency :salute:

From this:

s4SLYrn.jpg

To more like this:

qSh9Uk1.jpg

Hi Will, and thank you for your Centurion application! 

CRL and CENTURION Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of CENTURION.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Just a couple of things here:

-Shoulder bridges are a bit wide...You can trim them a little (to make them more accurate).:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

cRgPwiO.jpg           uVKIF2z.png   1ZYyZ7h.png   XXmxtjM.png

-We think you've done an excellent job correcting the overlap in this area. But you can adjust it a little bit more, and your look will definitely be more screen accurate.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

PA2GqNp.jpg        a2SpIZk.png   i6Y57Zb.jpg   nO0pd3y.jpg

Congratulations Will...:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

You have earned the Centurion badge. But remember, you can always apply those small changes we have suggested and make Lord Vader proud of you...:laugh1:

P.S.: Don't forget to request your Centurion certificate HERE;)

• Like 2

• Chemi changed the title to TK- 34677 requesting ANH stunt Centurion status (Armor Masters)(515)