Boot Comparisons

CountCunning

Hello all,

I've recently come into a bit of a windfall and though that I'd buy my boots while waiting on my replacement P100 filter cartridges to ship. I was wondering what the general consensus on the boots from Imperial Boots is versus the boots from Crow Props. I've ordered from Crow Props in the past and was satisfied with the product, but I've also heard good things about Imperial Boots. Aside from price, is there a major difference between the two? Do they both fit the same? Is one more comfortable than the other? Is one more sturdy? Is there a third maker out there who's making R1 boots that isn't as widely talked about, but is just as quality as the other two? I'd really appreciate hearing about your experiences and getting your feedback on who I should go with.

Thanks all!

- Daniel

There are lots of threads discussing Imperial Boots but not many for Crow Props, unfortunately some have encountered issues with shipping and wait times with Crow Props 

Basically there are only the two suppliers of RO/FO boots. The good thing with Crop Props is they will make a pair to your sizing and Imperial Boots will no longer do custom boots.

I can't speak in regards of the Crow Prop boots but I have Imperial Boots for my FOTK and Sithtrooper, both I could not find fault with, my FOTK boots are still going strong after 6 years with little wear on the sole. Only issue was sizing up, I found 1/2 a size up was enough some others need a full size up.

Crow Props does appear to have a thicker sole and wide stitching around the top compared to the Imperial Boots.

Imperial Boots

trooper_boots04.jpgtrooper_boots05-copy-800x947.jpg

Crow Props

Trooper+FO-R1+Short+Boots+3.jpg?auto=for

Trooper+FO-R1+Short+Boots+4.jpg?auto=for

Screen references

large.star-wars-tfa-stormtrooper-full-rtlarge.star-wars-tfa-stormtrooper-boots-c

• Like 1

I'm working on my first suit and I've kind of hit a brick wall with boots, as well. It looks like Imperial Boots and Crowprops are the only two legit sources, but I could be wrong. I've seen mention of TKBoots, but it appears to be defunct. I'm leaning towards Crowprops because they actually tailor the shoes. I have wider feet so anything custom made is going to fit better than a standard shoe size.

19 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

There are lots of threads discussing Imperial Boots but not many for Crow Props, unfortunately some have encountered issues with shipping and wait times with Crow Props 

Basically there are only the two suppliers of RO/FO boots. The good thing with Crop Props is they will make a pair to your sizing and Imperial Boots will no longer do custom boots.

I can't speak in regards of the Crow Prop boots but I have Imperial Boots for my FOTK and Sithtrooper, both I could not find fault with, my FOTK boots are still going strong after 6 years with little wear on the sole. Only issue was sizing up, I found 1/2 a size up was enough some others need a full size up.

Crow Props does appear to have a thicker sole and wide stitching around the top compared to the Imperial Boots.

Imperial Boots

trooper_boots04.jpgtrooper_boots05-copy-800x947.jpg

Crow Props

Trooper+FO-R1+Short+Boots+3.jpg?auto=for

Trooper+FO-R1+Short+Boots+4.jpg?auto=for

Screen references

large.star-wars-tfa-stormtrooper-full-rtlarge.star-wars-tfa-stormtrooper-boots-c

Thanks for the info! I can't exactly tell based on the expo photos of the FOTK, but are those soles the same thickness as the Crowprops boots? I've had some reservations about getting them based on how thick they are, but if that's how they're supposed to be I'm happy to go for them.

4 hours ago, CountCunning said:

Thanks for the info! I can't exactly tell based on the expo photos of the FOTK, but are those soles the same thickness as the Crowprops boots? I've had some reservations about getting them based on how thick they are, but if that's how they're supposed to be I'm happy to go for them.

Both would be approvable but my preference on look would be Imperial boots, they have a line around like the display FOTK and stitching also not as noticeable but it's totally up to you :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popsiclewizard said:

Anyone know how long Crowprops takes to make a pair of boots? I'd like to know what to expect before I pull the trigger on a pair from them. 

Your best bet would be reach out to Crow Props directly, times can vary depending on what time of year it is, how many other boots he's making and what size your boot is.

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Your best bet would be reach out to Crow Props directly, times can vary depending on what time of year it is, how many other boots he's making and what size your boot is.

I've reached out to them 3 times and have received no response. That doesn't instill a lot of faith, so I thought I'd ask here. 

1 minute ago, popsiclewizard said:

I've reached out to them 3 times and have received no response. That doesn't instill a lot of faith, so I thought I'd ask here. 

I found FB messenger was the best contact for a response.

As I say there are a lot of variables as to time, my mando boots took 2 months.