AP Armor Size Help

Based on yesterday's fitment test (as seen in previous photos) there were a couple areas that needed additional attention. 1) The right shoulder strap that snaps to the right "bell" was loose, allowing the shoulder bell to slip to the front/back. 2) The elastic that goes around the biceps in both shoulder bells needed tightening. 3) The ab plate needed an additional 1.5" trimmed. Originally I thought it was perfect after I trimmed just the kidney plate, but noticed that the ab plate was being pushed forward/down by the kidney plate. 4) The Velcro inside the thighs that attach to the belt loops were too high. This was letting the thighs rest too low.    I have just finished making all these modifications. Just waiting a bit longer for the 6000 to dry and we will run another test. 

59 minutes ago, Commander Code said:

Not too sure yet. I am budgeting ~ $200 for the blaster. This project has already set me back $2k and I'm not done. :/

I belive the QD is $190 before shipping. :D

4 hours ago, Commander Code said:

Not too sure yet. I am budgeting ~ $200 for the blaster. This project has already set me back $2k and I'm not done. :/

You can find a list of suppliers here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51534-e-11-suppliers-2021/

• Like 1

Good day Empire fam! Hope all are having a great day. Today is bucket day!     I am feeling confident with my armor and all the work put into it. This brings me to the part I was looking forward to the most through this whole project.  I have taken advice and inspiration from many on this forum. I am hoping to be able to accomplish what Kamikaze and others have been able to achieve. Here is the start..

FoHemiR.jpeg

Ye7iTtw.jpeg

SYQPRu0.jpeg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good

Thank you! Will be finishing the lenses today and tomorrow.   Tomorrow my voice amps and iComm unit comes in.  Just gotta line the bucket with neoprene and install Velcro for the padding.  Then I will knock out the 12v fan rail and switches for amp and fans.  And finally installing it all!  Stay tuned B):tkrotj:

• Like 1

Ooooo! Looks nice.

You might want to leave some gap between the bottom of your lenses and the bucket. There's no need to completely seal them up and a bit of an opening will both let heat out and keep the lenses from fogging easily. They can still fog, but it'll take more extreme conditions for it to happen.

tk81.jpg

My bucket showing the lens attachment. The gap in mine is on the high side of acceptable, but it IS acceptable. And it's great not having fog issues except in very cold weather.

troop2022-16-1.jpg

Gap at the bottom isn't noticeable from the outside unless you're specifically looking for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

Ooooo! Looks nice.

You might want to leave some gap between the bottom of your lenses and the bucket. There's no need to completely seal them up and a bit of an opening will both let heat out and keep the lenses from fogging easily. They can still fog, but it'll take more extreme conditions for it to happen.

tk81.jpg

My bucket showing the lens attachment. The gap in mine is on the high side of acceptable, but it IS acceptable. And it's great not having fog issues except in very cold weather.

troop2022-16-1.jpg

Gap at the bottom isn't noticeable from the outside unless you're specifically looking for it.

Very nice! I will keep this in mind. This should make it easier as I don't have to worry too much on the precise suction fit I have seen. Thanks.

• Like 1

I can't figure out how you guys get your heads in with all that stuff!  I tried on a helmet a few years ago and barely got it on or off and I didn't think my noggin was that big!  I'll have to aim higher I think than what I had planned for it.  Bart

4 hours ago, Bartman said:

I can't figure out how you guys get your heads in with all that stuff!  I tried on a helmet a few years ago and barely got it on or off and I didn't think my noggin was that big!  I'll have to aim higher I think than what I had planned for it.  Bart

Not all of us have very much in the helmet, I have a 10mm thick piece of foam in the top, blocks of foam either side of my head, 2 fans which sit in the recess behind the mic tips and 4x4 battery AA packs in the cheeks, and I wear a head mic. Some helmets are also larger than others so they can accommodate a little more. From memory AP and ATA are very similar in sizing which would be the smaller end of helmets compared to some others.

• Like 1

Here is the final day of Bucket work. 

dJUss2R.jpeg

qoGsgcy.jpeg

9yAZXJj.jpeg

M0W65QG.jpeg

oW8VKqj.jpeg

QZrk5mz.jpeg

Vqr4WRr.jpeg

bpX7iTD.jpeg

The splitter cable I made ended up not carrying enough power to power the icomm even though it works perfectly in every other application. So I ended up cutting the JST PH 2 pin connector off of the Aker speaker and attaching it to a TS mono 3.5mm audio cable to allow the sound to come straight off the Aker in the bucket to the BT transmitter. This works for now but I will likely purchase a male to male 3.5mm splitter as I don't want to have to worry about playing with the volume levels on both amps in order to sound good. 

https://i.imgur.com/L1r0ERC.mp4

My right shoulder bell got twisted in the vid. 

9 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Is there no sound on the video?  Bart

Appears not, Imgur is a little weird with videos and can have problems with sound,  most use Youtube ;) 

• Like 1

Uploaded!

This vid was before I "dialed in" the voice amps and adjusted the condenser mic position in my bucket. It is a bit better now. And also setup my trooper chatter from an mp3 player to the voice amp in my ab plate along with wireless reciever for bucket audio. More pics and vid to come.

Edited by Commander Code
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 12:52 AM, BATS2150 said:

Nice, I put the fans, the mic/audio pickups and power in there. It was a pain to get that stuff in, trial and error but managed to get it and almost drill a hole in my finger in the process. 

NHrQGof.jpg

Are you using the hovi mic speakers? 

This marks completion of the armor (minus so very small tweaks that will be made prior to submission for L2/L3. The addition of the foam really gives a snaug fit for each piece. It also acts as sound dampener. When the armor is knocked on, it sounds solid and not hollow/clanky. 

uAYO2FJ.jpeg

FFoJRjA.jpeg

sQ3rq20.jpeg

Edited by Commander Code
  • Like 2