AP Armor Size Help

Hey troops, 

I just received a "ready to wear" armor set from AP. I am aware some adjustments are sometimes required. However, I am noticing some "major" concerns regarding the armor construction compared to my size and specs provided for the commissioned build. Firstly, the width of the front lower ab plate and the rear butt plate is way too much. I am almost hoola hooping in this thing. Is this normal? I have other concerns but let's start there.

5' 11" 

Weight: 150 lbs.

Chest: 38"

Waist: 31.5"

Thigh: 20"

Calve: 14"

Forearm: 10.5"

Bicep: 12

If my thoughts are correct I will need to shorten the straps between the chest/back plate and the ab/low back plate. I will also need to shorten the straps connecting the shoulder bells to the biceps. Will likely need to fill the void in the forearm as to keep it from spinning around my forearm. The biggest adjustment seems to be tightening the ab/cod and low back/butt plate to "hug" my body. These are the immediate adjustments I am looking to make. The thighs and calves also need tightening. 

You would be better of using a free online photo host so the images show in the thread, many of us use Imgur, a how to here

Correct, adjust strapping from chest to ab, then backplate to kidney, then take another look

Many of us with skinnier arms have to add some padding/foam into some sections, biceps, forearms, thighs and on some occasions behind the ab plate, this helps take up some of the slack when you tighten your belt, if you tighten too much your sides can overlap so the foam helps.

• Like 1

Yeah, your assessment is right. It is a bit large. For the arms and legs I would suggest trying foam padding. The strapping from the chest to ab is surprisingly loose - tightening these straps is easy.
The mid section is big. It’s hard to tell from pictures, but I almost wonder if trimming and redoing the strapping/clam shell might be worth it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You would be better of using a free online photo host so the images show in the thread, many of us use Imgur, a how to here

Correct, adjust strapping from chest to ab, then backplate to kidney, then take another look

Many of us with skinnier arms have to add some padding/foam into some sections, biceps, forearms, thighs and on some occasions behind the ab plate, this helps take up some of the slack when you tighten your belt, if you tighten too much your sides can overlap so the foam helps.

Thank you! I will be re posting the original pics plus more I have taken. I am really trying to get this complete by debut time (couple months). 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Yeah, your assessment is right. It is a bit large. For the arms and legs I would suggest trying foam padding. The strapping from the chest to ab is surprisingly loose - tightening these straps is easy.
The mid section is big. It’s hard to tell from pictures, but I almost wonder if trimming and redoing the strapping/clam shell might be worth it. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm a toothpick. And was fearing being advised taking the whole cage apart :blink: I was thinking the demensions I provided would have been pretty evident I am literally a mannequin size :laugh1: