Nairy Requesting TK Pre Approval Review - ANH Stunt (RS Prop Masters)

Nairy

Hello and welcome to this messy thread! Enjoy scrolling? Awesome, here you'll do a lot of it!

1.  Jonatan Östling

2.  Swedish Garrison - Stockholm
3.  RS Prop Masters - Full Commission Build
11. 182cm
12. 100kg
13. ANH Stunt (and ANH Hero suited up pics coming soon, got too sweaty)

kaJx0Jo.jpeg

Hx8CSqh.jpeg

HMAY4O3.jpeg

OpYYEXj.jpeg

EBNpoox.jpeg

L5a0C3N.jpeg

ibDqnkn.jpeg

RpeCOSP.jpeg

13eAlVe.jpeg

xVyC7YE.jpeg

rQl8IBX.jpeg

5kkDLyG.jpeg

iNy9lrc.jpeg

JWkQWmo.jpeg

L57OHgM.jpeg

WbBr7qx.jpeg

L5SN5ZH.jpeg

BtY8bCN.jpeg

Ahwtpsp.jpeg

nSzj2tz.jpeg

G4ezLol.jpeg

zeICmIR.jpeg

V7KJ5N8.jpeg

YKQWoOx.jpeg

Sjz0EC3.jpeg

8LEE2bN.jpeg

9pO6xMF.jpeg

TbaoQdZ.jpeg

5VwLdUN.jpeg

RgcbdbZ.jpeg

C40Jj8X.jpeg

l1LkUwS.jpeg

Owe6Mhu.jpeg

ch7WOVt.jpeg

fFEuvUE.jpg

1hLqTqM.jpg

oQoPcxF.jpg

FKgpy05.jpg

zPBkXrv.jpg

HDyoV51.jpg

ZXEZX5Y.jpg
4fhrL8V.jpg

jYSu8F7.jpg

IWHzqNs.jpg

Cejpjvq.jpg

Edited by Nairy
Images didn't show

Unfortunately some of your photos don't appear to be showing, many of us use Imgur a free online image host, upload your photos there then copy and paste the links into your post

• Like 1

@gmrhodes13 Hmm ok I'll try, all images are showing for me both on PC and on my phone. Are you using the app or the browser? I'm using Chrome browser atm

3 minutes ago, Nairy said:

@gmrhodes13 Hmm ok I'll try, all images are showing for me both on PC and on my phone. Are you using the app or the browser? I'm using Chrome browser atm

That would be because you uploaded them ;) 

Appears you are using Google? does not work on this forum you need to use a photo host

image.thumb.png.afeca328ba8bfff62cc4a19022672813.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nairy said:

@gmrhodes13 Could you check if it's good now? :) 

All good, working now :duim:

• Like 1

Looking good, just a few tweaks, more for higher level approval.

When you take your approval photos don't have your blaster holstered ;) Some of us add a plastic section inside the belt to try keep it level but with the weight of the blaster they can pull down/

HMAY4O3.jpeg

Side shims should be ok for basic approval but for L2 and above these would have to be seamless 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.

Again take out that holster which should help you stand straighter, at present your shoulder straps not sitting flat on the rear.

OpYYEXj.jpeg

You might have to add some slightly longer elastic to the drop boxes, they appear to be sitting up tight to your belt, overlapping in some images

Hx8CSqh.jpeg

A small piece of your neck seal is sticking up

L5a0C3N.jpeg

You may have to touch up the bottom of the thighs on the back for L2, notice the gaps in the middle under the T track 

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Any mobility cuts on the back do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge.

OpYYEXj.jpeg

Belt corners should meet the fabric belt, this is for L3

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

5kkDLyG.jpeg

Blaster counter is a little far back and on a slight angle, I would probably also cut down your wiring a little

Ahwtpsp.jpeg

5Xtpr0a.png

OmGpKeN.png

Bit hard to tell if your TD screws are fully painted black, again this is for higher level approval

13eAlVe.jpeg

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws, and be black (two per clip)

Just a few tweaks and you should be good to go

@gmrhodes13 Thank you for your review! Quick question about the gap on the sides, the gap isn't larger than 12.5mm on the left side, is it still a problem? And how is the right side for higher approvals?

Easy basic pass Jonathan.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Once you have your TK ID, you can request stormtrooper Acces  HERE

Secondly, With the tweaks Glen suggested you can apply for our high levels program (Details HERE)  Your RS prop Master Armor  well worth it the effort and you will be proud of being as accurate as coming off the screen.   

Looking forward for your TK ID .  :salute:

@gmrhodes13 I am at a loss on what to do with the belt, I'm thinking of removing stitches along the top and bottom of the cloth belt and cut it down so it matches the inner most 45 degree angles, but then I worry about the rivets that's on the ammo belt, I'm thinking if there is a way of fixing this without removing any rivets? 

Edited by Nairy

1 hour ago, Nairy said:

@gmrhodes13 I am at a loss on what to do with the belt, I'm thinking of removing stitches along the top and bottom of the cloth belt and cut it down so it matches the inner most 45 degree angles, but then I worry about the rivets that's on the ammo belt, I'm thinking if there is a way of fixing this without removing any rivets? 

You could just rim a little off the ends of the belt, hopefully that will be enough so the 45deg corners match the belt

5kkDLyG.thumb.jpeg.566b99cef9590443b7ca63690aa47ee8.jpeg

About the gaps in the sides that's entirely up to the @Deployment Officer Team as they look after the higher levels, if you check the CRL is states.

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

I would try to reduce that gap I know the DO's like to see no gaps ;) 

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You could just rim a little off the ends of the belt, hopefully that will be enough so the 45deg corners match the belt

5kkDLyG.thumb.jpeg.566b99cef9590443b7ca63690aa47ee8.jpeg

About the gaps in the sides that's entirely up to the @Deployment Officer Team as they look after the higher levels, if you check the CRL is states.

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

I would try to reduce that gap I know the DO's like to see no gaps ;) 

Ah so the 45 degree angles don't have a requirement for how large they need to be, simply just matching the belt? Interesting! :rolleyes:

I was thinking about what you wrote about seamless on the sides, how would I achieve that? There is a shim attached to the kidney plate on each side, but is that the seam that would have to be hidden?

1 hour ago, Nairy said:

I was thinking about what you wrote about seamless on the sides, how would I achieve that? There is a shim attached to the kidney plate on each side, but is that the seam that would have to be hidden?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

My shims are just one plate sticking out from behind the kidney plate. Am I allowed to add paste on top of the seam and sanding it down or must I have a plate in the back used for gluing and butt up the shim along the edge of the kidney plate? 

In this case it seems like an impossible task since they (RS) have welded the shims under the kidney plate and I'd have to remove way too much of it to get rid of the existing shim 

38 minutes ago, Nairy said:

My shims are just one plate sticking out from behind the kidney plate. Am I allowed to add paste on top of the seam and sanding it down or must I have a plate in the back used for gluing and butt up the shim along the edge of the kidney plate? 

In this case it seems like an impossible task since they (RS) have welded the shims under the kidney plate and I'd have to remove way too much of it to get rid of the existing shim 

You could add a plate on top of the one already there so it matches the kidney, unfortunately RS don't always make their armor to match the CRL's but this seamless requirement is nothing new and many have had to make the modification to obtain L3 centurion.

You may be ok for L2 EIB but that's entirely up to the @Deployment Officer Team as it is stepped the way it is.

• Like 3

Here is an update on my Thermal Detonator

bRBoFOi_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edit: Finished them up a bit more 

LYtBUz2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by Nairy
New progress
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You could add a plate on top of the one already there so it matches the kidney, unfortunately RS don't always make their armor to match the CRL's but this seamless requirement is nothing new and many have had to make the modification to obtain L3 centurion.

You may be ok for L2 EIB but that's entirely up to the @Deployment Officer Team as it is stepped the way it is.

Thanks Glen, we'll be  giving the support to Jonathan.   :salute:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nairy said:

Hi Jonatan .

As Glen suggested you could trim a little the ends of the plastic belt to match better the cloth one.

PXqFgyQ.jpg    Mqm0sNr.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deployment Officer Team said:

Hi Jonatan .

As Glen suggested you could trim a little the ends of the plastic belt to match better the cloth one.

PXqFgyQ.jpg    Mqm0sNr.jpg

I have made two lines, the outer most line is where the belt meets the angle, but the inner most line is the little straighter edge, where should I cut here?

61WS1la_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Here on the left side (as you wear it) I have done a compromise between straight and meeting the edges of the belt! Is this line OK to cut?

lZ3dF2F_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I'm looking for level 3 certification quality so if there are any issues just let me know! 

35 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Straight Cut

aIsOemg.jpg

chO4GsG.jpg

First cut here, before touching up, looks good? 

g4xUi7U_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&