Oh the Pinches of fashion

TK 2293

Ok so I got my armor put together *finaly* and I'll have pics up soon. But, I went to a party, and trickertreating with my folks and little brother in it. And omg you should have seen me trying to get into the car with it on *my mother said she looked like she bought a new trash can*

Any ways, I have major pinching in the Cod piece, its digging into the inner part of my thighs at the top, now since I'm a girl my legs are shaped differently than a guys, the other area of pinching is the forearms, I cut them at the end where my wrist are, only an inch though, and I have tried sanding down where curve is, but I have bruises from where the bicep and the forearm meet.

Other than that I'm pretty much good, a few mishaps with my calves pointing inward *and those dont fit all the way I had to make some kind of exstension, its not too noticable*. I was wondering if you guys could give me any tips? Should I sand the cod piece down, and should I cut some of the curve out on the forearm *and yes I do have foam in there too btw* Thanks guys and if you want you can check out my lame video of my range of movement in my armor to see if that helps you guys see:

-------

Peace!

Jen

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Jennifer,

Congrats on wearing your armor out for a "first time!" Just so you know it took me about 2 weeks of putting my armor on literally every day... walking up the stairs, down the stairs, standing around, moving, and just keeping it on for 30 minutes or so to figure out where to trim or fix or whatever before I got it all perfect.

Yes, trim some of the curve out of the forearms. I did it. My brother did it. It's needed in a lot of people. Just start "thin" and trim more and more. Of course there's a lot worse things that trimming a little too much from your forearms. :)

As for the pinching in the crotch, trimming out some of the cod piece might be a good idea... but I can't talk on this subject as mine was / is fine. You might also try / consider wearing an athletic supporter (a "cup"). It might give you the... umm... "bulk"... that's not otherwise there. But... like I said... I don't know for sure how to fix that problem.

I think those armor "kisses" where the forearm meets the bicep are pretty much the cost of doing business. I get them every time. I took quite a few car rides this past weekend in armor and yes its difficult getting into and out of the car but once youre in there its not so bad.

Looks like you did a great job on the build though!

Thanks guys for the wonderful advise, I'll start working on it again this weekend when I have more time to concentrate on what I'm doing. As for the Cod piece I think I'll trim it down till it gets to the line of where the "rise" is O_o don't know how to describe it.

Reply to No'l: Haha if I feel comfortable/brave enough I'll get my bro to buy me a cup, for I feel I would wimp out the second I pick one up at Wal-Mart lol I'll try maybe padding that area with foam for now and see if that helps lol

Smitty: I guess your right I'll try triming a bit more though before I'm completely satisfied that I can not do any more with it. And as for the car rides, haha ya its not to bad when you finally get situated, though trying to sit in chairs randomly that are lower past my butt are difficult to sit in with out my thigh, cod, and calf pieces pinching the day lights out of me and my chest plate riding up into my face lol. And thanks for the compliment on my armor build, that MRCE bucket would look kinda odd with those see through green lenses I had in there before I got the ones from you, thanks again btw :)

Catbread: I'm a little confussed by your question, but I will try and answer it best I can. I have not cut any of the cod or butt piece they are all one piece, as for sitting I notice no deformaties other than my chest plate riding up into my helmet to where my face is in my chest piece. If I'm not explaining this right for a response for you question I'm sorry :(

My cod stuck in my thighs bad aswell as I have muscular legs. I just thinned it out a touch, especially right on the ends. Also had to trim the inner curve of my forearms as my arms are short, and got really bad bruses. I get red marks now but dont seem to bruse. My armour is comfy now, but i wouldnt want to try and get in a car in it, I cant really sit down either.

I think your movement looks pretty good really. B)

Nice! Great to see you armoured up at last :D The only thing I'd suggest is getting the chest plate higher - you're the same height as me, I think, and mine was really low to start out with too. A little trimming and readjustment and you'll look great

Any ways, I have major pinching in the Cod piece, its digging into the inner part of my thighs at the top, now since I'm a girl my legs are shaped differently than a guys, the other area of pinching is the forearms, I cut them at the end where my wrist are, only an inch though, and I have tried sanding down where curve is, but I have bruises from where the bicep and the

Peace!

Jen

I have the same cod piece problem :( I haven't figured out a solution yet. If I walk around in it I get major thigh bruises. If you figure it out, let me know

i would try and hot glue some foam in the cod piece and then trim it out to see if it helps. i saw that some one did it on an earlier thread but i cant find it..anyway start with a couple of small hot glue "dots"on top and bottom beforegetting crazy with the glue, try it , and if it feels good glue er on down,,hope this helps.

cheers

dan

Another thing you can do is separate the cod and abdomen plate and trim about an inch off the top of the cod and then reattach it to the abdomen. That would raise the cod piece up higher and not push the abdomen part higher under your chest plate. The belt will cover the seam and still mantain the proper shape of the codpiece.

What is it about having a codpiece discussion with a girl that just seems wierd.

EDIT** After rewatching that video, dont do what I just mentioned, I dont think that would look right, prolly best to trim and sand or pad the offending areas.

I think those armor "kisses" where the forearm meets the bicep are pretty much the cost of doing business.

Isn't that the truth.

I had the same pinching problem. Fixed it by adjusting the rotation of the thighs outwards a bit, until they don't hit the cod, also I trimmed the inner thigh tops down about half an inch. Shortening the cod might work too, and a strip of sponge/foam padding around the pinched area in the thighs would help to push your inner legs away from the pinchy area.

a strip of sponge/foam padding around the pinched area in the thighs would help to push your inner legs away from the pinchy area.

That sounds like sound advice there :duim:

Nice! Great to see you armoured up at last :D The only thing I'd suggest is getting the chest plate higher - you're the same height as me, I think, and mine was really low to start out with too. A little trimming and readjustment and you'll look great

I have the same cod piece problem :( I haven't figured out a solution yet. If I walk around in it I get major thigh bruises. If you figure it out, let me know

w00t yes, I finally got it all done lol. I found out if I put the straps on the chest piece down past the velcro a bit, that it helps make it a bit hight but then I can't turn my head at all because I have a short neck T-T me and my shortness lol

I think I'm going to try and put a little bit of foam down in there see if I can't push it out further....geez I hate being a girl some times lol

Another thing you can do is separate the cod and abdomen plate and trim about an inch off the top of the cod and then reattach it to the abdomen. That would raise the cod piece up higher and not push the abdomen part higher under your chest plate. The belt will cover the seam and still mantain the proper shape of the codpiece.

What is it about having a codpiece discussion with a girl that just seems wierd.

EDIT** After rewatching that video, dont do what I just mentioned, I dont think that would look right, prolly best to trim and sand or pad the offending areas.

lol I don't know, its because I guess its a girl exploring a mans world of new clothing I guess lol

O_o I was thinking of just cutting the cod and butt piece seperate when I started off but I wanted to see if I could function first. I know I'll make a card board copy of the abdomen and the chest piece and see where to cut....maybe not lol

i think you can get away with cutting the cod / ab plate..it will probably be more comfy too,,for movement and all...and like smitty said , your belt will cover tha seem..i left my back and butt plate attached because i am on the bigger side "around the middle.haha" and iv read some threads about how it can look funny if you do it,so until i loose a few pounds i am keeping them together.....glad your figuring it out.

cheers

dan

the elastic on the inside of your shoulder bells should be black. ;)

you can trim material off of the sides of the cod for a 'slimmer' fit.

start at about 1/8' for each side.

it can get too skinny quick, so be careful and take your time! :)