Star Wars only events

Sn4k3

Hi guys and gals.

I was talking to a friend about Star Wars ONLY events and we came up only with the celebration, I'm sure there must be more.

Could you please help me build a list of all Star Wars only events, around the world?

I think it could be fun!

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

I agree that SW only events would be awesome, but they are very few and far between on a large scale like Celebration.  Many public libraries here in the U.S. hold a "Star Wars day" (and the library staff really gets into it... seriously).  I have attended 5 or 6 of these and they are a lot of fun!

At most (if not all) cosplay cons the 501st has a large presence where we usually have a booth and lots of props and costumed characters.

1 minute ago, Sn4k3 said:

So we have celebration and the libraries, are those consintent? I mean same date every year?

I know the ones in central Florida hold theirs around the same time every year.  It's usually in May.

LFL allow us to attend retail locations a few times a year and these would be Star Wars only, it can change depending on location though, this past May the 4th week the moratorium on non retail was lifted but I believe that was only for Asia, Australia and NZ, it had been the whole world prior to Covid.

Hospitals we also are invited to as an open invite by LFL to attend on or around May 4th but again these have been reduced since Covid and mask restrictions.

On rare occasions some garrisons get invites from LFL to attend specific events, those are cannon events and everyone must wear their costumes exactly as they were seen on screen (ie by the CRL's). Hard to list these though as they don't come up very often.

LFL allow us to attend retail locations a few times a year and these would be Star Wars only, it can change depending on location though, this past May the 4th week the moratorium on non retail was lifted but I believe that was only for Asia, Australia and NZ, it had been the whole world prior to Covid.

Hospitals we also are invited to as an open invite by LFL to attend on or around May 4th but again these have been reduced since Covid and mask restrictions.

On rare occasions some garrisons get invites from LFL to attend specific events, those are cannon events and everyone must wear their costumes exactly as they were seen on screen (ie by the CRL's). Hard to list these though as they don't come up very often.
Alright, i understand, maybe we can at least narrow it down to just may the 4th be with you.

4th is just one day (obviously), but is it celebrated the whole week in USA?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Just now, Sn4k3 said:

Alright, i understand, maybe we can at least narrow it down to just may the 4th be with you.

4th is just one day (obviously), but is it celebrated the whole week in USA?

It's normally the week around May 4th but as I say it wasn't for everyone this past year.

Other times are Force Friday's this is when we can attend retail locations who have new Star Wars merchandise/toys/action figures,  usually a day in September but again hasn't been for a few years now.

Covid saw a lot of events no longer on our calendar and LFL have not been approving many event requests.

There is also the official concert series were Star Wars movies are played to the music of symphonies, locally we've had ANH, ESB and ROTJ but none of the new trilogy films, these have also been in other countries.

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

There is also the official concert series were Star Wars movies are played to the music of symphonies, locally we've had ANH, ESB and ROTJ but none of the new trilogy films, these have also been in other countries.

Our Nashville (Tennessee) and Atlanta (Georgia) symphonies tend to do these film screenings with live music once a year, and generally have about five Legion members in costume. Many Major League Baseball teams here in the US (and perhaps those in Canada) also usually have a Star Wars night every season. I believe some hockey (NHL) teams also do the same.