Hello from Oregon!

Hello everyone, my name is Marek! I've been a trooper on this platform for about a week now and a member for about a month, but I figured I'd introduce myself anyway. I'm currently stationed in Oregon with the Cloud City Garrison. I'm 20 years old and having ANH TK armor has been a dream of mine for about five years now. I received the armor as a gift from my dad in the best way possible: unboxing the suit whilst surrounded by 501st members. The suit is my first costume/armor ever, and I plan to work towards the Centurion requirements here in the next week or two! I'm here because I want to others in the public (perhaps the younger generations, most of all) to experience the same level of excitement and wonder that I felt when I first came face to face with a trooper nearly 16 years ago.

A couple of other quick things about me: I am currently working on a motion control rig (like the one used in The Mandalorian) because I am interested in pursuing a career in film and television.  Additionally, although I haven't gone practiced it in a while, I like to spend time doing Star Wars toy photography!

The experience I've had on here has been nothing but positive. It's an honor to be part of this group of amazing people!

JSTtxEM.jpg

Me on bottom right, 2006

Edited by Starkiller
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Hello everyone, my name is Marek! I've been a trooper on this platform for about a week now, but I figured I'd introduce myself anyway. I'm currently stationed in Oregon with the Cloud City Garrison. I'm 20 years old and having ANH TK armor has been a dream of mine for about five years now. I received the armor as a gift from my dad in the best way possible: unboxing the suit whilst surrounded by 501st members. The suit is my first costume/armor ever, and I plan to work towards the Centurion requirements here in the next week or two! I'm here because I want to others in the public (perhaps the younger generations, most of all) to experience the same level of excitement and wonder that I felt when I first came face to face with a trooper nearly 16 years ago.

A couple of other quick things about me: I am currently working on a motion control rig (like the one used in The Mandalorian) because I am interested in pursuing a career in film and television.  Additionally, although I haven't gone practiced it in a while, I like to spend time doing Star Wars toy photography!

The experience I've had on here has been nothing but positive. It's an honor to be part of this group of amazing people!

JSTtxEM.jpg

Me on bottom right, 2006

Welcome Again Marek. Glad you joined us at FISD and got your EIB badge. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  

here are some funny threads you may want to check.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Welcome Again Marek. Glad you joined us at FISD and got your EIB badge. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  

here are some funny threads you may want to check.  

Thanks! Very cool! I'll take a look!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

That is always great to hear, Marek.  Helping Troopers (or future Troopers) is what we do best!

One thing I always like to suggest is that those who have learned from this site is to "pay it forward" and stay as active as you can here to help those with questions.  You don't need to be an armor expert (although you are fast becoming one), and often it's a matter of just sharing your thoughts or experience on a subject or even if it's just to say "Hello and welcome to the FISD" to a first-time poster.  That can mean a lot to someone venturing into this realm for the first time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

That is always great to hear, Marek.  Helping Troopers (or future Troopers) is what we do best!

One thing I always like to suggest is that those who have learned from this site is to "pay it forward" and stay as active as you can here to help those with questions.  You don't need to be an armor expert (although you are fast becoming one), and often it's a matter of just sharing your thoughts or experience on a subject or even if it's just to say "Hello and welcome to the FISD" to a first-time poster.  That can mean a lot to someone venturing into this realm for the first time.

Absolutely! The energetic and warm welcome was the first thing I noticed when I arrived!

• Like 1