TK-70202 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (1046)

• First/last name: Marek Leavenworth

• TK-70202

• FISD Forum Name: Starkiller

• Garrison: Cloud City Garrison

• Armor Maker: Anovos (kit)

• Helmet Maker: Anovos

• Blaster Type: E-11 (QuestDesignCanada)

• Height: 6’

• Weight: 155 lbs

• Boots Maker: Imperial Boots

• Canvas Belt: Anovos (added velcro)

• Gloves/Hand Plates Type: Anovos/Latex

• Electronics: iComm and voice booster 

• Neck Seal Type: OEM

• Holster Maker: Anovos

FUNyiqz.jpg

0lVOMoC.jpg

a0P9mvO.jpg

U38nR7U.jpg

sOlNKOp.jpg

IkOPK1o.jpg

HFrVn2l.jpg

az9WJff.jpg

6vUNn9a.jpg

ffe3eG9.jpg

y7QpFdZ.jpg

wtgdEpn.jpg

emoohOf.jpg

k8sBu25.jpg

7i8KlDJ.jpg

9lfjjt0.jpg

y3Vtctk.jpg

RYVaS41.jpg

UuenmyR.jpg

DkOVmIR.jpg

T7bahkP.jpg

UNGVTNm.jpg

A0tVnMv.jpg

uonZB9M.jpg

fGisMag.jpg

th4OaWC.jpg

eEs6GTN.jpg

QaQDMzy.jpg

UNV8m2e.jpg

EKbeA3k.jpg

8W9RFs0.jpg

XSRtctw.jpg

bSk4Xht.jpg

NKmaQbK.jpg

RXMzLqh.jpg

Vlw606S.jpg

8DJIU4x.jpg

0VzqwMk.jpg

TzyTdKi.jpg

In193sB.jpg

IqEfU8k.jpg

cZWkvi8.jpg

aq0MPcU.jpg

2ZFwy2Z.jpg

XjPOK27.jpg

ndZrSYy.jpg

Lb9H4UP.jpg

Edited by Starkiller
  • Like 2

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-70202 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos]
2 hours ago, Chemi said:

Hi Marek...I am glad to see your application...:jc_doublethumbup:

Unfortunately, before applying for Centurion, you must first submit the EIB application ;).

22 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Marek, I have moved your application to EIB request section and changed the Title to EIB  for you.

Added to the processing line sir. :salute:

Thank you both! I am new and still have lots to learn! :D

• Like 2

Nice work trooper

You will also need to supply an action photo, these are used for the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery when approved

Action Photo Background requirements 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper

You will also need to supply an action photo, these are used for the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery when approved

Action Photo Background requirements 

Added! Thank you!

Hi Marek, and THANKS for your submission... (awesome photos, by the way)!  Great job overall on this build, sir, but there are 2 things we need ya' to take care of before we can move on with the approval process.  Nothing too crazy, lol, and we can help!

First up, as stated in the CRL for Basic approval:  Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

It looks like you have repainted the teeth (Anovos always has a lot of overspray from the factory) and it looks good overall but just needs to be tightened up a bit in a few places.  Some non acetone paint thinner on a Q-tip or toothpick will help you get rid of the excess paint as seen below.  Should take all of 10 minutes!

Reference images

MoLHzZ1.jpg        qzJjF4b.jpg?1  i2gpRDw.jpg?1   zKoJ0iK.jpg?1

Second up are the screws on your TD.  For EI and above the screws cannot be the Philips head type and must be the slotted type.  Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws  Ideally "pan-head" screws are used.  If there is an ACE hardware store near you these can be purchased individually (Lowe's / Home Depot do not sell them).  If you like, I can shoot you a set no charge if you pay postage.. just PM me in interested.

Reference image

L7VSANX.jpg    FFwurXr.jpg       7Zs7A7Q.jpg?1

Also, while we wait can you post up a close-up of the area seen below?  THANKS!

4eSUJ1w.jpg?1

As soon as you get these taken care of we can move forward, and I look forward to seeing the updated photos!  :salute:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Marek, and THANKS for your submission... (awesome photos, by the way)!  Great job overall on this build, sir, but there are 2 things we need ya' to take care of before we can move on with the approval process.  Nothing too crazy, lol, and we can help!

First up, as stated in the CRL for Basic approval:  Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

It looks like you have repainted the teeth (Anovos always has a lot of overspray from the factory) and it looks good overall but just needs to be tightened up a bit in a few places.  Some non acetone paint thinner on a Q-tip or toothpick will help you get rid of the excess paint as seen below.  Should take all of 10 minutes!

Reference images

MoLHzZ1.jpg        qzJjF4b.jpg?1  i2gpRDw.jpg?1   zKoJ0iK.jpg?1

Second up are the screws on your TD.  For EI and above the screws cannot be the Philips head type and must be the slotted type.  Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws  Ideally "pan-head" screws are used.  If there is an ACE hardware store near you these can be purchased individually (Lowe's / Home Depot do not sell them).  If you like, I can shoot you a set no charge if you pay postage.. just PM me in interested.

Reference image

L7VSANX.jpg    FFwurXr.jpg       7Zs7A7Q.jpg?1

Also, while we wait can you post up a close-up of the area seen below?  THANKS!

4eSUJ1w.jpg?1

As soon as you get these taken care of we can move forward, and I look forward to seeing the updated photos!  :salute:

Thank you! I'll have this done today! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

WOW that was quick!  Excellent job, sir.  :jc_doublethumbup:  Working on your submission now, so bear with me.  Thanks!!  

Haha I have an ACE hardware just down the hill from me, which is pretty lucky! I also wanted to make sure I had everything completed before going out with a group to my first event! Thanks for taking a look! :D

• Like 1

Hi Marek, and thank you for your EIB application for ANH Stunt! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations, sir!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Please note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Overall a super nice build job on this build, brother, and thanks you for posting up those requested photos and the quick fixes!  Below are a few items that will not affect Level 3 approval but we feel would make this armor look even better!  Let's get started, mi amigo...

1.  We noticed that your bucket is riding a bit high.  Not all noggins are made the same- and our field of vision while wearing a helmet is limited at best, so as long as you can see clearly it is fine, but if your eyes are at a level lower than the yellow line below it may be a good idea to remove or reduce any padding you have in the top to help you see better!

Reference images

Gojogbc.jpg           27adMSv.jpg?1  SeWhACm.jpg?1  hL35xeG.jpg?1

The strapping that connects your biceps/forearms is pretty noticeable.  I think the return edges on the bottom of the biceps is causing this by pushing it out, so you may want to move it toward the front to some degree (closer to the front cover strip) to make it less apparent.

Reference image

k7jMHhK.jpg   pNrHn7W.jpg            HzKkA67.jpg

2 quick items here-  Ideally end of the canvas belt is hidden behind the TD, and a quick trim would give you a more screen accurate appearance.  Also, when suiting up, ask the person helping you to make sure your TD is pushed all the way down.  

Reference images

VxG6cDI.jpg   pLg75VU.jpg              EpkbwGV.jpg?1  ZGO1Ud7.jpg?1

You mentioned that you were going out on your first troop soon, and you may notice that after a while that the tops of the right thigh (front and back) are (were) poking into you while you walked.  These points can also potentially snag on your under suit.  From a comfort standpoint, I would recommend rounding those out.  Trust me on this one. 

Reference images 

DmNvt2Y.jpg   xDa61d0.jpg      Fmx0cki.jpg?1  tme2qVC.jpg?1

The angle on your sniper knee plate should be a little sharper.  BUT, if you decide to do this (wink wink, nudge nudge) don't make the corner a sharp one.

Reference images

9Tjvxok.jpg             oVwBxLO.jpg?1  iTKptKm.png?1  74U45kJ.png?1

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

First, don't be alarmed by all the issues below!  Most are fairly simple things to deal with, and I honestly think it will take no more than an hour or two of your time to get them sorted.  As you know, Centurion level is all about the small details.  As stated above, some items below may not be listed in the CRL, but for a more screen accurate appearance we also rely on screen captures and official images for approval at Level 3.

As stated in the CRL for Level 2, "Ideally the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek" (which is right at ¼ inch).  Although not stated as a requirement, we have traditionally insisted on this for Centurion.  If you are willing to remove them for Level 3, I have an extra set of decals I am happy to send you for free (I'll even pay postage).. just let me know.

BXliYiN.jpg

You did a fantastic job on removing the extra paint from the teeth, so now it's time to use those skills to remove the extra paint on the bottom of your lower blue button on the large ab plate.

Reference images

512PiL2.jpg               UoXhsXf.jpg?1  l1iBzWq.jpg?1

This could be a tricky one depending on how you attached it, but the return edges need to be completely removed from the sides of the small ab-button plate.  It should sit flat on the raised area it is mounted to.

Reference images

mXhkgLG.jpg          Pf0gYfD.jpg?1  pLWl0k5.jpg?1

A little extra cover strip on top of the bicep is fine, but for a much better look the top of the right front should be taken down.  30 seconds with a Dremel and you are golden! 

Spot-on!  :duim:                                                                  Reference images

8rFUxbE.jpg   Zsjmfpq.jpg?1             woxkAO6.jpg?1  p8vZxOt.jpg?1  PRznPs6.jpg?1

The outside of your right drop box is in perfect alignment with the end of your ABS belt as required, but the left one looks like it needs some E-6000 behind the strap to hold it in place.  EASY fix!

Reference images                                                                                                                   

aQOA9zW.jpg    JXPiUAi.jpg               XPYK9ZN.jpg?1  iQEygTw.png?1

Close... SO close!  100% of the return edge has to be removed.  Dremel (or file) time!

Reference image

nZ0kd69.jpg          oWL1oY5.jpg?1

We need you to decrease the ab/kidney gap on the left side.  This could be as simple as tightening your belt!  (It doesn't have to be 100% closed, btw). ;)

23vrpNf.jpg            DWlRHYx.jpg?2  aPKMsto.jpg?2  5Fb9NQ4.jpg

Last up, bottom of the cover strip on your right calf is ideal, but we are requesting that you trim the left one to match.  An EASY 20 second fix with your Dremel or Lexan scissors.

KWl1VUU.jpg   iIrZX7m.jpg             FJKADGe.jpg?1   pQ8CZP6.jpg?1

And that's it, brother.  It's obvious that you put a lot of pride into this build.. and it shows!  We are here for you if you need any help.. I have 100% confidence that you can jump on these items and sincerely hope to see that Centurion submission soon.  Now get out there and show off that armor as the newest EI in the Cloud City Garrison!   :salute: 

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-70202 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (1046)
6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Marek, and thank you for your EIB application for ANH Stunt! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations, sir!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Please note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Overall a super nice build job on this build, brother, and thanks you for posting up those requested photos and the quick fixes!  Below are a few items that will not affect Level 3 approval but we feel would make this armor look even better!  Let's get started, mi amigo...

1.  We noticed that your bucket is riding a bit high.  Not all noggins are made the same- and our field of vision while wearing a helmet is limited at best, so as long as you can see clearly it is fine, but if your eyes are at a level lower than the yellow line below it may be a good idea to remove or reduce any padding you have in the top to help you see better!

Reference images

Gojogbc.jpg           27adMSv.jpg?1  SeWhACm.jpg?1  hL35xeG.jpg?1

The strapping that connects your biceps/forearms is pretty noticeable.  I think the return edges on the bottom of the biceps is causing this by pushing it out, so you may want to move it toward the front to some degree (closer to the front cover strip) to make it less apparent.

Reference image

k7jMHhK.jpg   pNrHn7W.jpg            HzKkA67.jpg

2 quick items here-  Ideally end of the canvas belt is hidden behind the TD, and a quick trim would give you a more screen accurate appearance.  Also, when suiting up, ask the person helping you to make sure your TD is pushed all the way down.  

Reference images

VxG6cDI.jpg   pLg75VU.jpg              EpkbwGV.jpg?1  ZGO1Ud7.jpg?1

You mentioned that you were going out on your first troop soon, and you may notice that after a while that the tops of the right thigh (front and back) are (were) poking into you while you walked.  These points can also potentially snag on your under suit.  From a comfort standpoint, I would recommend rounding those out.  Trust me on this one. 

Reference images 

DmNvt2Y.jpg   xDa61d0.jpg      Fmx0cki.jpg?1  tme2qVC.jpg?1

The angle on your sniper knee plate should be a little sharper.  BUT, if you decide to do this (wink wink, nudge nudge) don't make the corner a sharp one.

Reference images

9Tjvxok.jpg             oVwBxLO.jpg?1  iTKptKm.png?1  74U45kJ.png?1

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

First, don't be alarmed by all the issues below!  Most are fairly simple things to deal with, and I honestly think it will take no more than an hour or two of your time to get them sorted.  As you know, Centurion level is all about the small details.  As stated above, some items below may not be listed in the CRL, but for a more screen accurate appearance we also rely on screen captures and official images for approval at Level 3.

As stated in the CRL for Level 2, "Ideally the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek" (which is right at ¼ inch).  Although not stated as a requirement, we have traditionally insisted on this for Centurion.  If you are willing to remove them for Level 3, I have an extra set of decals I am happy to send you for free (I'll even pay postage).. just let me know.

BXliYiN.jpg

You did a fantastic job on removing the extra paint from the teeth, so now it's time to use those skills to remove the extra paint on the bottom of your lower blue button on the large ab plate.

Reference images

512PiL2.jpg               UoXhsXf.jpg?1  l1iBzWq.jpg?1

This could be a tricky one depending on how you attached it, but the return edges need to be completely removed from the sides of the small ab-button plate.  It should sit flat on the raised area it is mounted to.

Reference images

mXhkgLG.jpg          Pf0gYfD.jpg?1  pLWl0k5.jpg?1

OK, so this is going to be your biggest challenge.  As per the CRL, "Three domed rivets... are equally spaced along the depth of the armor..."  .  It will entail removing the existing lower 2 rivets on the ab and kidney plates and re-positioning them.  Don't worry, it's not the end of the world and is an issue we see quite often.  It's one of those things that no-one in the general public would ever notice, and is not as difficult as you would think.  After seeing your mad build skills I have faith that you can do it, and if you need help we are here.  If you (hopefully) decide to tackle this to reach Centurion I will mail you the replacement rivets no charge.

Reference images

frkN4JI.jpg?1              rIUdq94.jpg?1   gPFeC3q.jpg?1

A little extra cover strip on top of the bicep is fine, but for a much better look the top of the right front should be taken down.  30 seconds with a Dremel and you are golden! 

Spot-on!  :duim:                                                                  Reference images

8rFUxbE.jpg   Zsjmfpq.jpg?1             woxkAO6.jpg?1  p8vZxOt.jpg?1  PRznPs6.jpg?1

The outside of your right drop box is in perfect alignment with the end of your ABS belt as required, but the left one looks like it needs some E-6000 behind the strap to hold it in place.  EASY fix!

Reference images                                                                                                                   

aQOA9zW.jpg    JXPiUAi.jpg               XPYK9ZN.jpg?1  iQEygTw.png?1

Close... SO close!  100% of the return edge has to be removed.  Dremel (or file) time!

Reference image

nZ0kd69.jpg          oWL1oY5.jpg?1

We need you to decrease the ab/kidney gap on the left side.  This could be as simple as tightening your belt!  (It doesn't have to be 100% closed, btw). ;)

23vrpNf.jpg            DWlRHYx.jpg?2  aPKMsto.jpg?2  5Fb9NQ4.jpg

Last up, bottom of the cover strip on your right calf is ideal, but we are requesting that you trim the left one to match.  An EASY 20 second fix with your Dremel or Lexan scissors.

KWl1VUU.jpg   iIrZX7m.jpg             FJKADGe.jpg?1   pQ8CZP6.jpg?1

And that's it, brother.  It's obvious that you put a lot of pride into this build.. and it shows!  We are here for you if you need any help.. I have 100% confidence that you can jump on these items and sincerely hope to see that Centurion submission soon.  Now get out there and show off that armor as the newest EI in the Cloud City Garrison!   :salute: 

Thank you so much for all of the help along the way! I will get to work on those Centurion requirements very soon, and let you know if I have any questions! Thank you again!! 

Edit: And while I'm thinking about it, if you wouldn't mind sending the tube stripe decals, I would love to get to work on that and make the armor as accurate as possible! Thank you!

Edited by Starkiller
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Thank you so much for all of the help along the way!

No, thank YOU for not only submitting this awesome armor for EI, but having that "can-do" attitude, brother.  With our help (if you need it) we WILL get that Centurion badge under your name!

Edit: And while I'm thinking about it, if you wouldn't mind sending the tube stripe decals, I would love to get to work on that and make the armor as accurate as possible! Thank you!

More than happy to, Marek.  Just shoot me your shipping info, via PM and I will get those out for ya' right away!  Did you need the rivets as well?

• Like 1

Just now, Starkiller said:

That is too cool! Thank you!

You are now part of the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery 

• Like 1