Thigh Armor

Any parts under strain should be left to fully dry, I normally leave up to 72 hours for those pieces.

Your boo boo may not even be noticed for base level approval, for higher a little ABS paste may help 

• Like 1

A problem I ran into is that the ends were about 2-3cm longer, so I trimmed them a bit. So now I am doing the twist tug and stretch phase. Fun times continue on the sniper knee.  Now the wafting for the glue to cure and harden. 

Edited by BATS2150
  • Like 1

Did a little this early morning. Waiting for the left shin to completely dry and reglued the Velcro on the shoulder straps and finished the elastic closures on the right shin armor. When I got the Armor from Mark @ AP, I had to do a little tweaking. The Velcro on the shoulder straps, the glue backing on the Velcro really does not do well in this El Paso heat so I kind of reinforced it a bit. 

v9Yr9oL.jpg

YbHImQ3.jpg

8471074.jpg

• Like 1

I did a check of the rest of the Armor Kit that Mark from AP did for me and everything else doesn't seem to need any return edge grind/sanding. His shop did a fantastic job on my kit minus the Covid SNAFU. I found that using some car scratch remover does help with those minor scratches along with a little wax. Here are a few pics of the kit. I just got to wire up my bucket and shine it up also. Hopefully my sniper knee will cooperate this time, long story. 

The Dreaded Shiper Knee

oteHd4l.jpg

A0mdJvB.jpg

qeIls22.jpg

vItuxrq.jpg

Edited by BATS2150
Information and add picture