New member! Hello!

Hello! I'm G Maldoven (they/them) from the Ashland / Mechanicsville area of Virginia. I don't have a costume yet, but I plan on getting a Stormtrooper armor set (not sure what version yet) and likely an Imperial Ground Crew costume as well.

I've always been a big Star Wars fan since I was a kid, but my interest kind of faded away for a few years. Recent shows like The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, and the Bad Batch have really reignited my passion for Star Wars. Sadly I'm not a fan of the sequel trilogy.

I first heard about the 501st by visiting their booths at a few fan conventions. Eventually I decided to join since it looked like a fun way to meet other Star Wars fans. It would also give me a reason to attend more conventions and events.

My hobbies include model kits, Lego, 3D modeling, and video games. I'm trying to get into video game design as well.

Hello and welcome to the forum, for stormtrooper research you can't go past this thread

Good luck with the research and hope to see a build thread from you soon :D

Welcome to the forums, G!  Choosing an armorer is the first big step.  We have a list of "vetted" (tried and true) sellers which can be found here.  Yes, you can of course find armor kits on ebay and the like, but many (if not most) times they are re-cast sellers and many are not screen accurate enough for 501st approval.  We have a thread here which explains it in a a bit more detail.

We are a very friendly bunch and always eager to help, so never be shy about asking any questions you may have.  Best of luck on your white armor journey!

Definitely worth parting with your money on a vetted seller.

im incredibly thankful I was directed to this website from research before purchasing. I’d probably have ended up with a rubies, eBay, or jedirobe kit otherwise……and either have a terrible kit or have no kit and no money.

• Like 1