Hello From Canada

Arvin

10 hours ago, Arvin said:

Hi everyone 

sorry about being off the grid for the past week - I got hacked so was in major security protocol lockdown.

the good news - got the armour - it is an amazing fit.  So I learned the following and I will post photos shortly:

1.  Line of sight / visibility is tight so definitely walk around and get a feel for everything.

2.  Putting armour on is tricky at first but you can get the hang of it with experience 

- challenge is are the snaps and trying to do it when you can’t see it.

3.  Keeping things straight and perfect - I was not perfect on the first try but you can quickly see where you may need help and extra pair of hands.

4.  I want to send photos but I need some time to clean up on the IT side.  If someone has an email/text I can send something if you really want to see it…but I need to still do some reconfiguring of my laptop.

next steps: second assembly and photos for sending through for comments / approval.

I have Halloween and one of my clients is a TV station and we discussed doing the weather report on Halloween (LOL).  No pressure!

talkto everyone soon.

Here's a great thread on how to post images via a free online image host 

You will often find with custom made armor that you need to adjust strapping or trim some pieces.

Having a full length mirror can help when taking your approval photos, especially when your photographer is not aware of what to look out for.

We do have a pre approval thread you may wish to post in to get some feedback before reaching out to your GML (garrison membership liaison) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/191-tk-pre-approvals/

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Here's a great thread on how to post images via a free online image host 

You will often find with custom made armor that you need to adjust strapping or trim some pieces.

Having a full length mirror can help when taking your approval photos, especially when your photographer is not aware of what to look out for.

We do have a pre approval thread you may wish to post in to get some feedback before reaching out to your GML (garrison membership liaison) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/191-tk-pre-approvals/

Yes of course - these were just the fun photos.  I have the close ups and side and back views.  I also have a cheat sheet that I created that I created based on what I saw on the other forums (especially with photos showing with lines good and bad assemblies). 

I will be redoing the dress up adjusting a few obvious things I saw. (Ie alignment, straightening out belts, etc.)

Should have this done this weekend for the first round submission.

by the way - fan is very very important in the helmet! Man it got hot in there!

have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, Arvin said:

Yes of course - these were just the fun photos.  I have the close ups and side and back views.  I also have a cheat sheet that I created that I created based on what I saw on the other forums (especially with photos showing with lines good and bad assemblies). 

I will be redoing the dress up adjusting a few obvious things I saw. (Ie alignment, straightening out belts, etc.)

Should have this done this weekend for the first round submission.

by the way - fan is very very important in the helmet! Man it got hot in there!

have a great week everyone!

Hi There - I tried a different way to minimize the photos and just wanted to do a test here....

Does it appear as an attachment or can you see it as part of the text - size wise it is small enough. 

IMG_0010 Small.heic

3 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Hi There - I tried a different way to minimize the photos and just wanted to do a test here....

Does it appear as an attachment or can you see it as part of the text - size wise it is small enough. 

IMG_0010 Small.heic 12.54 kB · 1 download

Shows as a downloadable file.

For adding photo use a free online image host, instructions here

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

ok - it seems my firewall is creating some issues with using this site (imgur 101).  I will have to figure this out and see what can be done on my end. 

thanks..Arvin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 7:55 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Hi there - ok having a bit of trouble.  Seems my cybersecurity program is preventing me to use Imgur 101 - coming up as Blocked site - in fact going on this forum I have to use my phone.  Is there another website/program available that I can use?  (I have looked at resetting preferences, etc. so nothing seems to be working).

any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 5:16 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Try these links

Flickr

Imgur

hi everyone- great new I got my TK number will post on the other forum.   Thank you everyone for your help - what  amazing group to work with!!

right now have to get the fans installed in the helmet.  Otherwise armour is fantastic!

thank you everyone!!!

• Like 2

Great to hear, welcome to the ranks trooper, once you have your numbers you can request higher forum access here

Amazing news! Congratulations Arvin! :dancing-trooper::happyandcheerfulbirthday: Judging by how good your armor looks, I'd love to see some applications in the EIB and Centurion threads in the future :peace:

On 11/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, Nairy said:

Amazing news! Congratulations Arvin! :dancing-trooper::happyandcheerfulbirthday: Judging by how good your armor looks, I'd love to see some applications in the EIB and Centurion threads in the future :peace:

Yes most definitely!  Have a great holiday season everyone!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Yes most definitely!  Have a great holiday season everyone!

All the best for the festive season.

Don't forget to request higher access here 

On 12/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

All the best for the festive season.

Don't forget to request higher access here 

Yes I am filling out lots of online stuff!  

Talk to everyone soon!

• Like 2