Best way to fit fan and voice amp in TK helmet?

I have seen some wonderful clean pics of voice amps and fan power supplies in helmets and I am trying to figure, great, but how do you get your head in there? Right now I just have a fan kit (looking for an amp and voice changing set), but still struggling to get the fan power supply in a place that looks nice, holds, and doesn't drive head forward allowing me to put my helmet on.

Firstly some helmets are bigger than others. That said I only have fans in my helmet, I use a wired mic, then run the cable down to behind my chest where the aker amp and icomm unit are housed, keeps weight off your helmet which is a must as I have neck issues. 

My fans use 4 x AA battery packs which fit in nicely on the lower cheeks.

Here's a few links showing how others have tackled their helmets

IMG_0392.JPG

Many of us keep the aker and icomm behind the chest, the image below is not mine, I have them tightly together held with elastic with velcro sewn on the back. Also have a small ABS ledge of angled plastic below to stop them falling down.

4801559165_e45b255a60.jpg

Some use an icomm and hovi tip speakers

IMG_8173.JPG_zpstn16tg10.jpeg

A few  keep them strapped together on their neck

vqMpxu.jpg

ac3edc3874ee1999e84dbd87e8d63b07.jpg

• Like 2

Hey trooper,

A bit like Glen, I also keep my voice amp outside of the helmet. To be honest, if you put it inside your helmet, I think you’d do some long term hearing damage as you’ll have to turn it up quite loud for it to be heard in many situations.

I also have my fans in my helmet, then have an over the ear mic, hardwired down to behind my chest plate to the amp/speaker.

Here’s a look at how I’ve personally mounted my fans and power pack inside a helmet:

Here is how I use my voice system - as you’ll see, I simply hang the amp/speaker around my neck, facing outwards towards the chest plate:

Hope that helps. Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes
Dan

8 hours ago, revel911 said:

Thank you for the replies.

And remember there is no RIGHT way, there is just the way that works for you ;) 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 5:19 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Firstly some helmets are bigger than others. That said I only have fans in my helmet, I use a wired mic, then run the cable down to behind my chest where the aker amp and icomm unit are housed, keeps weight off your helmet which is a must as I have neck issues. 

My fans use 4 x AA battery packs which fit in nicely on the lower cheeks.

Here's a few links showing how others have tackled their helmets

IMG_0392.JPG

Many of us keep the aker and icomm behind the chest, the image below is not mine, I have them tightly together held with elastic with velcro sewn on the back. Also have a small ABS ledge of angled plastic below to stop them falling down.

4801559165_e45b255a60.jpg

Some use an icomm and hovi tip speakers

IMG_8173.JPG_zpstn16tg10.jpeg

A few  keep them strapped together on their neck

vqMpxu.jpg

ac3edc3874ee1999e84dbd87e8d63b07.jpg

How did you attach your lens? I don't see any screws at all.

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

How did you attach your lens? I don't see any screws at all.

None of those images are actually mine, but I use black silicon, I use black so it matches the black paint inside. I use magnets to hold the lens nice and tight while the silicon dries.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...