Noob from NC looking to join!

Hello everyone! I'm a huge star wars fan...like everyone else here lol. I've wanted to join the 501st for a while but life got in the way but I'm here now and in need of help. I want to do a rouge one stormtrooper,  I already have my armor (untrimmed), and everything else except the gun. I don't want to ruin the armor and want to do this right the first time. I've seen many videos on line but I'm a worry wort and a perfectionist so I would like the help of a member who could at least point me in the right direction.

I bought the armor off etsy from someone who is currently a member of the 501st...makerofthingsStudio. also got majority of everything off etsy lol.

Thank you for your time and hopefully I got the right stuff...Hopefully. 

Edited by Goromith

Hello and welcome to the forum 

You will find a lot of info for the R1 trooper here

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/162-rogue-one/

Also check out

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47994-rogue-one-tk-resources-where-to-get-stuff/

Lastly each 501st costume has base standards for approval, we call these the CRL's (costume reference library) R1 is here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon :D 

Welcome to the forums! I'd check out this thread of someone who recently found themselves in your situation and it may help you to know what you're in for, as well as this one with some info on that maker. Good luck and let us know how we can help!

Welcome to the FISD, Jason!  If you had the chance to read the link re: Makerofthings that Justin posted, you will know that they are re-casters, meaning that they have stolen the designs from others.  

As much as we don't condone this in any way, it happens.  My first TK kit (before I knew about the FISD or 501st) was from them.  After building it I noticed that the bucket was WAY too large and there were other issues.  I ended up selling it on ebay as a "Halloween costume".

BUT, this does not mean that your kit will not be accepted at Basic 501st approval (or even higher levels) if it meets the requirements in the CRL.   We are here to help, so always feel free to ask any questions.  I would suggest starting a build thread here and be sure to post up lots of photos (tutorial link here).  If I can offer 2 main points of advice, they would be:

1.  Take... your.... time.  Don't rush your build.

2.  If unsure, always post up pics and ask for advice before cutting or gluing.  Trust me. 

Oh man this is definitely not how I wanted to start my journey lol. Thank you guys for the heads up and a direction to go. I do have a rouge one black series helmet as well and I'm sure it needs to be modified as well.

Who is a reputable rouge one armor seller?

1 hour ago, Goromith said:

Oh man this is definitely not how I wanted to start my journey lol. Thank you guys for the heads up and a direction to go. I do have a rouge one black series helmet as well and I'm sure it needs to be modified as well.

Who is a reputable rouge one armor seller?

I suggest having a look at this thread ;)

Also here is a thread on converting the Black Series helmet 

• Like 1