Coverstrips for Biceps and Forearm 12-15mm ?

Hello there!

I have just started to build my RS Propmasters Kit. After a long research i found the information that the Coverstrips for the Arm parts 

are about 15mm. The RS Propmasters Youtube Guide is telling they are about 12 mm. I have already build the Biceps with the 12mm Cover strips

but i am a little insecure if i should proceed with these dimensions or should i remove the coverstrips and start over with 15mm. A mix of a Biceps with

12mm and a Forearm with 15mm would be another possibility, but i am not sure this looks good.

Maybe it doesn’t matter anyway, but maybe somebody can help me out with this problem :)

Kind regards from Hamburg!

Hello there!
I have just started to build my RS Propmasters Kit. After a long research i found the information that the Coverstrips for the Arm parts 
are about 15mm. The RS Propmasters Youtube Guide is telling they are about 12 mm. I have already build the Biceps with the 12mm Cover strips
but i am a little insecure if i should proceed with these dimensions or should i remove the coverstrips and start over with 15mm. A mix of a Biceps with
12mm and a Forearm with 15mm would be another possibility, but i am not sure this looks good.
Maybe it doesn’t matter anyway, but maybe somebody can help me out with this problem
Kind regards from Hamburg!

Hallo Julius!

Don’t be concerned. The coverstrips on the original suits varied in width. Generally speaking, the usual suggestion (for a neat look) is:

Arms - (approx) 15mm
Legs - (approx) 20mm
Shins backs (calves) - (approx) 25mm

However, this is NOT part of the CRL. The main thing that most costumers aim for is consistency. So, if you’ve gone 12mm, try to make all arm coverstrips 12mm.

Same with the legs. Pick your width, then try to stay consistent.

This also depends on how big or small you’re building the armour. If you’re building to original sizes (slim), you can get away with thin cover strips. If you’re a larger trooper, you might need to increase the width of them to keep the proportions to the armour.

RS aim for more “screen accuracy” than CRL, so they usually base things on the screen used armour that they possess.

Do you have your own build thread yet where you can show your progress? Assuming you’re going for ANH/ESB, you can start one here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

When in doubt you can always refer to our Gallery Sections, there is a wealth of images and measurements.

gallery_12157_59_214013.jpg

gallery_12157_59_58592.jpg

gallery_12157_59_115508.jpg