JT ANH WIP

TK 17654

Ok so I hope this is the right place for this, I’m a bit overwhelmed with the complexity of this forum :D or I’m just mentally challenged lately which is entirely possible.

i commissioned a build by RWA this year and sent over my measurements and the guys did a pretty amazing job right down to fitment.

some areas that needed attention were the biceps, shoulders, forearms and thighs. May even squeeze the calves down a hair but that’s no big deal. 

my first question (after altering of course) is will reducing the number of indentations on the forearms affect the approval? I read through the standards in the gml? And didn’t see anything related.

I have gymmed my whole life off an on and did a little competitive body building so my thighs biceps and shoulders  required the XL size…..but I have these trex shorty forearm’s!! DE3ED1BB-A9AD-4B87-B0FA-FF39459C6727.jpeg.203c3bafc91867fb203a41478b949071.jpeg

Edited by 1stdayonthejob

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, you’re in the right place. :duim:

To be honest, I don’t think you’ll be penalised for having a different number of indents in the forearms. Some makers out there don’t have the correct amount to start with, yet still get cleared. However, to be safe, check with your local Garrison GML as they are the ones that will be approving your suit. 

Personally, I’d avoid too many drastic changes to the main features of the armour if another resizing option might be available to you. 

If you have photos of you wearing the suit, we can do our best to guide you in making adjustments to suit. 

Best wishes

Dan

Hello and welcome aboard you have manage to find a good page for questions/build info.

To my knowledge nobody has been picked upon at higher level approval (EIB and Centurion) for having a different amount of dimples ;) 

These were the recents before my injury. I’ve been trimming some return edges down or away and the forearms had to get a trim so I could actually bend my arms to do something like put on my helmet without help or two finger installation 

Tops of the thigh need a slight trim down and they are a little loose up top.

i don’t think the biceps will need trimming now that the forearms are a touch shorter.

the shoulder bells look like they may need trimming to me too

Edited by 1stdayonthejob

Hi Jonathan,

Overall, that looks like it fits you pretty well. Although, it’s not easy to be sure from the various angles of your photos.

Could you try a current suit up and get the following photos?

Kitted up;
Front - arms down
Left - arms down
Back - arms down
Right - arms down

Front - arms up/out
Left - arms up
Back - arms up
Right - arms up

Something which might help with the shins is upgrading your boots (when possible). Your’s look like what’s commonly referred to as “Elvis boots” and look quite wide at the top. This is picking your shins a few inches higher than they could be, which will reduce the gap at the knee between the shins and the thighs.
If you were to upgrade to some more accurate boots (ones without detailing or stitching on the top surface), you could pull those shins down a bit.

“Elvis boots”
7416398167ba0753dd6a3d1282ff7fdf.jpg

Screen used “Stuart” Boots.
74e3f55f13597fed3d5522569af24706.jpg

35335394774cf552289f1b61cb9a4950.jpg

7e4569ef01f0435a247f95b731a77314.jpg

Hope that helps.

That does help, the boots really don’t fit well with the calves because of the width even with added heel strap to the calves.

my thighs are setting. I was finally mobile enough yesterday to fit them last night. Really happy to tackle that job too the bottoms were a bit loose and the tops had a gap I could stick my hand down into.

• Like 1

So I got some different boots order that’ll meet level 1. I suited up real quick today to see how things fit again and these thigh tops interfere with my codpiece. How can I trim these to lower them at the top of the thigh? Does the outline just need to be dropped or do these need reshaping?2BEA4956-4F60-4B4E-AFD1-B58DD1A0E009.jpeg.193b76cb17088771b5070517ba0a18a9.jpeg

5 hours ago, 1stdayonthejob said:

So I got some different boots order that’ll meet level 1. I suited up real quick today to see how things fit again and these thigh tops interfere with my codpiece. How can I trim these to lower them at the top of the thigh? Does the outline just need to be dropped or do these need reshaping?2BEA4956-4F60-4B4E-AFD1-B58DD1A0E009.jpeg.193b76cb17088771b5070517ba0a18a9.jpeg

Could you post some photos fully kitted up so we can see the gaps.

These threads are for those of shorter height, may find some sizing info in those

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

5 minutes ago, 1stdayonthejob said:

Is 5’9” considered shorter?

A touch, the average kit sizing is @ 5'11"- 6' so some trimming may be necessary, some info in those threads show trimming as well as adding return edges, although they are not compulsory ;) 

I’m definitely ok without big returns.

makes sense then why my biceps are too long, thighs too long, forearms too long haha.

Think once I get the biceps trimmed and the circumference lessened on the top edge of them  it’ll be about done.

i never imagined the amount of minor adjustments needed to make these fit just right but now I see why taking the time to do it makes such a big improvement in the look and “comfort”

You can even find once you have been trooping and moving in armor you may need some minor adjustments  ;) 

Posting up the photos Dan mentioned here will definitely help us determine how best to help, Jonathan.  Altering the circumference of the thigh tops/bottoms or both is fairly straightforward, but knowing what product (CA glue. E-6000 etc.) was used to construct them would be especially helpful.

E6000 was, I altered my thighs on the circumference already but I need to trim the height down as well.

also need to reduce the top circumference of my biceps and their length as well. I feel more confident as I go along. The first cut is the deepest haha

Gah I had to laugh at myself, I just realized today that I’ve had my biceps and forearms on the wrong side :laugh1:

something in the back of my mind kept popping up about it lol.

fitted the other bicep last night and letting it cure then cutting them both down to a wearable length.

still need to add extra snaps to shoulders and biceps for security. 

I’ve come into knowledge of polystyrene at hobby lobby as well so bicep hooks are made and thinking about edge trim to strengthen edges on shoulder bells and torso armor…..thoughts on this?