Davids ROTK 850 AW Build

TI25674

David,
I think snaps are your best option. I bought tactical suspenders that already had snaps on the ends which made it easy to place on the corset. Additionally, the snap webbing had Velcro on them, so I'm kind of doubled up. Here's a few pictures of how I mounted mine along with a pic of the screen used corset:

Hor2Jh9.jpg

End of suspenders

LYEB1h4.jpg

Inside armor

tiPhjCa.jpg

Mounting Location

rJYQ55l.jpg

Screen used armor

I still have to get the suspenders in and I feel like the chest plate can come up a hair. But the torso looks good to me where it's at. I will only have to trim about an inch off the top and that lease plenty under the chest. 

The side will have to get trimmed down. 

K72vWYW.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a little progress. While I wait for the flexible glazing putty I ordered I started on the helmet. I'm not using the 850 bucket due to the inaccuracies in it. I'll be converting my black series, however I'm really thinking about ordering one of Jim's. And the thought crossed my mind of trying to offload mine whole kit for a Jim's. I've never worked with fiberglass so it's a little intimidating.

On to the show...

I started by taking apart the entire helmet, then I drilled holes in the old aerator spots so they fit Ukswrath's

mxK3sKr.jpg

w7y8gZZ.jpg

iI will be removing most of the insides and sanding down the unnecessary spots. I will leaved some of the plastic used for connecting the back, front, and dome to help with the fit  Then bond and bindo all the seams. 

i was able to get the shoulder strap covers and holes done so now i can start to fit the chest, back, and torso. Which I think will speed things up. 

I'm following a tutorial here foe the helmet, I just don't remember whose at the moment. 

• Like 1

And a little more progress. I got the suspenders in. Using velcro so I can adjust up and down. The ab can go tighter by about 2 inches, I didn't put the trauma plate on for this fit (thats how the abs adjust). To my eye, the back need to come down. The shoulder straps are pretty much maxed out. The chest plate is about as high as I can get it without pushing on my throat. Thoughts?

1DIgtZp.jpg

MdWOliY.jpg